TEAM SHELBY FORUM

What are Conservative Values?

Another Douche' bag crawls out from under his rock.

More conservative values.....name calling :hysterical:

I guess your eager to change the subject. I dont blame you.

I think Jeff is right, we need to pull together, but thats hard to do when people are spewing irrational hate. Conservatives want the country destroyed because they arent running it. It seems crazy, but thats what it looks like to me.

People talk about cutting "welfare". But what shall we cut? Medicare/Medicaid which takes care of the elderly? SocialSecurity? Again a program for the elderly. Neither IMHO are welfare, we as workers and taxpayers pay INTO them. I am not willing to have them cut and toss old people in the street or deny them access to medical care. Are you? So whats left? We could deny high earners their SS. Thats about the only option. Or move back benfits by a few years.

ATDC and WICK are very small % of the budget. Like 1-2 percent of Federal and state budgets. So why all the emphasis on these programs?

Bushes Prescription drug program is or will shortly be THE most expensive so called entitlement program. Thats a republican give away to the pharma boys. Isn't that socialized medicine? All that did is gurantee phamaseutical companies profits without free enterprise competition. Like I said before, Bush looted this country.

Budget Stuff This info coming from the Heritage Foundation.

This link Budget Information has some interesting information about where the money is acutally being spent.

Obama is preparing to cut many agencies budgets.

KC666

:rockon:

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Read your last post..................at one point your saying we all need to pull together and the next your saying can't do that when people are spewing "irrational hate"................. as you have done in your last few threads.

Well, you cant ignore the welfare discussion as it is central to the issue at hand today. The question becomes:

What as individuals are we responsible for and, what as a society are we responsible for?

To really be responsable the cuts need to start at the top but as always "GREED" will not allow it....

To really be responsable the cuts need to start at the top but as always "GREED" will not allow it....

I agree. Any chance that the Dems in congress will give up thier 100% pension after what, 4 years?

More conservative values.....name calling :hysterical:

I guess your eager to change the subject. I dont blame you.

I think Jeff is right, we need to pull together, but thats hard to do when people are spewing irrational hate. Conservatives want the country destroyed because they arent running it. It seems crazy, but thats what it looks like to me.

People talk about cutting "welfare". But what shall we cut? Medicare/Medicaid which takes care of the elderly? SocialSecurity? Again a program for the elderly. Neither IMHO are welfare, we as workers and taxpayers pay INTO them. I am not willing to have them cut and toss old people in the street or deny them access to medical care. Are you? So whats left? We could deny high earners their SS. Thats about the only option. Or move back benfits by a few years.

ATDC and WICK are very small % of the budget. Like 1-2 percent of Federal and state budgets. So why all the emphasis on these programs?

Bushes Prescription drug program is or will shortly be THE most expensive so called entitlement program. Thats a republican give away to the pharma boys. Isn't that socialized medicine? All that did is gurantee phamaseutical companies profits without free enterprise competition. Like I said before, Bush looted this country.

Budget Stuff This info coming from the Heritage Foundation.

This link Budget Information has some interesting information about where the money is acutally being spent.

Obama is preparing to cut many agencies budgets.

KC666

Lets be clear, you took the so called spewing to an all new level. Had you left out the first two sentences, your post would have actually been civil

For us all to work together, we have to undertsand that both sides feel passionate about the issues. I understand the feelings liberals had about Bush. I also understand the hate that was spewed at that time by you. Now, I dont agree with Obama. I dont dislike the man, I dont really know him. I assume he is a decent man. Just becasue I dont agree with him does not make him a liar or evil. Try practicing that.

I was not advocating a reduction of welfare. When people need help, all Americans should be willing to chip in and do just that. Get that person back on thier feet so they can help others as well. What we dont want is people relying on that system. That seems to be the liberal way. What about dignity?

Smaller goverment, Regulation where needed, Dont spend our grandchildrens money, stay away from the second amendment and my right to bear arms, free enterprize, secure boarders, enforce the laws of the land or change them. Those are some of conservative values. Nothing there about making sure the rich gets more, going to war ect. Explain your values, dont attach me for mine

TALK ABOUT MOLESTERS,

I FEEL LIKE THE WHOLE DEMOCRATIC PARTY IS TOUCHING ME , MY WALLET AND

EVERYTHING ELSE I WORKED HARD FOR AND HAVE TOTALLY PAID OFF RESPONSIBLE.

GET OBAMA , PELOSI , AND REIDS HANDS OFF OF ME AND MY FAMILIES FURTURE.

HAVE YOU HEARD THE HOTTEST NEWS TODAY. APPARENTLY, SINCE SO MANY PEOPLE ARE PROTESTING ABOUT THE TRILLION DOLLAR BAILOUT. OBAMA AND HIS CABINET OF

INTELLECTS HAVE FIGURE OUT AWAY TO CONVERT THE PREFFERED STOCKS THEY OWN IN THE

BANKING INDUSTRY FROM THE ORIGINAL TARP MONEY AND CONVERT IT TO COMMON STOCK. WHICH WILL INTERN GIVE THEM VOTING RIGHTS IN THE BANKS AND THE ABILITY TO GO BACK TO CONGRESS AND ASK FOR ADDDTIONAL TARP MONEY FOR EACH OF THESE BAILED OUT BANKS. THUS GIVING CONGRESS AND THE ADMINISTRAITION CONTROL OF THE BANKS AND WHERE THE PROFITS GO.

IT JUST SEEMS TO AMAZE ME TO SEE HOW LOW SNEAKEY AND GREEDY PEOPLE FOR MONEY WILL SINK TO GET IT AND NEVER WORK A HARD DAY IN THEIR LIFE. THEY ARE ALWAYS LOOKING FOR THE GOVERNMENT TIT TO GET PAID.

I JUST WISH WE COULD GET A TERM LIMIT PLEASE !!!! :banghead::hysterical:

THEN WE MIGHT BE ABLE TO BREAK UP THE GOOD OLD BOY NETWORK IN

POLITICS IN D.C.

:hysterical:

Their waiting for the "REPUBS TO SET THE EXAMPLE"??????????? :talkhand:

I wish someone would but, youre right, none of them will do the right thing. The need to be a part of social security too, not the AIG plan!

These kinds of arguments are what get to me.

This and where we are today as a country are exactly what George Washington warned of in his farewell address of 1796 regarding a two party system of government. Please forgive me if I over-simplify too much, but he stated that both parties would be hell bent on one-upmanship and revenge, all the while, stepping on the liberties of the governed.

We all know what the road to hell is paved with. A two party government will ensure that both lanes are "One Way Only" in the that same direction.

I don't think that anything will ever change for the better if we limit ourselves to having these discussions on our beloved Team Shelby website. This conversation needs to be happening all over the country not to exclude the halls of every level of government.

I don't think that anything will ever change for the better if we limit ourselves to having these discussions on our beloved Team Shelby website. This conversation needs to be happening all over the country not to exclude the halls of every level of government.

I read through these threads more than I respond mostly, but in this case.... maybe TS should take over the government? But then again, maybe nothinig would change... we still have different opinions - some left, some right, and they don't come together here any better than in DC :finger:

If we did take over the gov't, would we own GM? I don't think that would be good - for GM anyway!

I think it's good that we have these discussions. I just hope we're not the only ones having them.

I'm afraid that I may be part of a minority that when I say that I care a lot more about my country and the politics therein than I do about what's going happening on American Idol or the latest Survivor series. That bugs me too.

I read through these threads more than I respond mostly, but in this case.... maybe TS should take over the government? But then again, maybe nothinig would change... we still have different opinions - some left, some right, and they don't come together here any better than in DC :finger:

Agreed. But one thing I think everyone will agree with is that we need a two party system to represent both sides. Think about it. If you have only one party making all the decisions, only one side will be represented. (See Nazi party) Whether you're a Democrat or Republican someone will be shouting foul. From all the threads I've been reading, it seems like we need both parties to start crossing lines and doing what's right for all. Money and greed is what's running this country which is sad. I don't think our Founding Fathers ever thought it would come to this.

Lets be clear, you took the so called spewing to an all new level. Had you left out the first two sentences, your post would have actually been civil

For us all to work together, we have to undertsand that both sides feel passionate about the issues. I understand the feelings liberals had about Bush. I also understand the hate that was spewed at that time by you. Now, I dont agree with Obama. I dont dislike the man, I dont really know him. I assume he is a decent man. Just becasue I dont agree with him does not make him a liar or evil. Try practicing that.

I was not advocating a reduction of welfare. When people need help, all Americans should be willing to chip in and do just that. Get that person back on thier feet so they can help others as well. What we dont want is people relying on that system. That seems to be the liberal way. What about dignity?

Smaller goverment, Regulation where needed, Dont spend our grandchildrens money, stay away from the second amendment and my right to bear arms, free enterprize, secure boarders, enforce the laws of the land or change them. Those are some of conservative values. Nothing there about making sure the rich gets more, going to war ect. Explain your values, dont attach me for mine

We all have our opinons, Tim, sometimes we agree, sometimes we dont. Your saying I dont have a right to voice mine? There have been plenty of trollish topics posted by conservatives. You didnt seem to have a problem with them. Working together goes both ways. I'm willing to try, are you?

Storm calling me childish names is just goofy, I didnt see any other way to respond. :shrug:

KC666

Agreed. But one thing I think everyone will agree with is that we need a two party system to represent both sides. Think about it. If you have only one party making all the decisions, only one side will be represented. (See Nazi party) Whether you're a Democrat or Republican someone will be shouting foul. From all the threads I've been reading, it seems like we need both parties to start crossing lines and doing what's right for all. Money and greed is what's running this country which is sad. I don't think our Founding Fathers ever thought it would come to this.

+1, I agree with you. I wasn't try to say that there should be one unified party, that would DEFINITELY be a nightmare!! Really I think debate is good, but it has come to point now, almost, where the water is so muddy that it's difficult to tell what is right/wrong. I'm not the most schooled dude in politics, by FAR, but I can tell when the lines become unrecognizable in politics, which IMHO, they now are. It's a wonder that this chaotic process bares results.

...it seems like we need both parties to start crossing lines and doing what's right for all. .

And therein lies the problem. We all agree that we need to improve the economic situation, but one side's idea of "doing what's right for all" is viewed as doing the opposite by the other side. The economic solutions that the President and Democrat Party (and Bush before them), of massive spending to stimulate economic growth goes against the core beliefs of many. How do you compromise on this fundamental belief that we are going in the wrong direction?

We've had too much "I fund you pork barrell project and you fund mine" compromises.

What if the proposed solutions to problems go against your core values/beliefs? We all want to reduce crime. Some believe the solution is through tougher penalties or tougher enforcement of existing laws, others believe the solution is to reform the criminal behavior and that death penalty no matter what is always wrong. How do you compromise with the other side? You can only half execute a criminal? There is no compromise on these issues. To compromise would be to go against your conscience.

Sorry but some things can't be compromised on. Why don't you compromise your political beliefs and agree to do things my way? Because you wouldn't be true to yourself. I feel the same way when you ask me that same question.

We are never going to agree on everything. Do you know how hard it was to get a bunch fo SGT owners to agree on a simple gas cap design...damn near impossible, but we eventually did come to a solution because one side was more passionate, aggressive, and stubborn than the other.

My belief is that it's not about redistributing a fixed sized pie. I believe you grow the pie bigger through fiscal responsibilty and lower taxes so that everyone gets more of the pie. Others believe in a more egalitarian solution where the goal isn't to get more pie but to ensure everyone's pies about the same size. I fundamentally disagree with this solution and will never compromise on this.

As long as we can agree to disagree in a civil manner everything will be fine. But when either side feels the need to resort to violence then we have crossed the line.

JMO.

We all have our opinons, Tim, sometimes we agree, sometimes we dont. Your saying I dont have a right to voice mine? There have been plenty of trollish topics posted by conservatives. You didnt seem to have a problem with them. Working together goes both ways. I'm willing to try, are you?

Storm calling me childish names is just goofy, I didnt see any other way to respond. :shrug:

KC666

I am absolutely not saying you should not voice your opinion. Of course you have the right to do so. And of course there are some conservatives that approach things in the wrong way. Most of what I have read from the conservatives her is they are not happy with the direction of the administration. And I have seen non-conservatives express concern over the direction also. So, you bet, always willing to work together for a better understanding. Lets all quite the name calling

+1, I agree with you. I wasn't try to say that there should be one unified party, that would DEFINITELY be a nightmare!! Really I think debate is good, but it has come to point now, almost, where the water is so muddy that it's difficult to tell what is right/wrong. I'm not the most schooled dude in politics, by FAR, but I can tell when the lines become unrecognizable in politics, which IMHO, they now are. It's a wonder that this chaotic process bares results.

Yeah Sic....I'm not the most schooled either. And you hit the nail on the head. The chaotic process rarely bares results in my opinion.

I do have an idea for all to think about. I'm not sure about the type of jobs you have. I'm a blue collar guy. One thing that has happened at my workplace is that I've seen my department cut to the bone. I've had to take on extra jobs/responsibilities. And right now the end isn't in sight. So why is it that our government isn't cutting back? Be it jobs, programs or whatever. Correct me if I am uninformed. But it seems to me like instead of downsizing; the government is getting bigger. That can never be a good thing.

Yeah Sic....I'm not the most schooled either. And you hit the nail on the head. The chaotic process rarely bares results in my opinion.

I do have an idea for all to think about. I'm not sure about the type of jobs you have. I'm a blue collar guy. One thing that has happened at my workplace is that I've seen my department cut to the bone. I've had to take on extra jobs/responsibilities. And right now the end isn't in sight. So why is it that our government isn't cutting back? Be it jobs, programs or whatever. Correct me if I am uninformed. But it seems to me like instead of downsizing; the government is getting bigger. That can never be a good thing.

It's a start!

http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/04/20/obama.cabinet.cuts/

Archived