TEAM SHELBY FORUM

NKorea vows to restart nuclear reactor, end talks

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090414/ap_on_..._nkorea_missile

Seriously......who did not see this comming. Everytime they have a Summit or a gathering of Country Leaders where NK says they will be there, NK will ALWAYS come up with some Reason NOT to show up or to Depart early. Every time I read where the Leaders are getting together (including NK) I always laugh because NK either will NOT show up or does a Stomping off like some 10 Year Old.

It's time to take OFF the Rose Colored Glasses everyone and make NK a Glass Parking Lot. I will BET that with in 5 Years, we will have Troops in NK or in SK at the Boarder to NK.

I think the important thing is that we and our allies stay coordinated and strong against these thugs like NK and maintain our defensive weapons and systems in top condition. I have to believe that we're doing that!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090414/ap_on_..._nkorea_missile

Seriously......who did not see this comming. Everytime they have a Summit or a gathering of Country Leaders where NK says they will be there, NK will ALWAYS come up with some Reason NOT to show up or to Depart early. Every time I read where the Leaders are getting together (including NK) I always laugh because NK either will NOT show up or does a Stomping off like some 10 Year Old.

It's time to take OFF the Rose Colored Glasses everyone and make NK a Glass Parking Lot. I will BET that with in 5 Years, we will have Troops in NK or in SK at the Boarder to NK.

We already have troops at the SK/NK border. They've been there since the cease-fire.

NK and Iran is and was more dangerous than Iraq ever was IMO.

+1

People also forget that Iraq and Iran kept one another in check always worried the other would attack. It was a thorn in our sides but unlike Iran there is no proof it ever provided material support to terrorists or worked with them. Iraq's Shite ruling minority had no love of the Sunni majority's aligned groups. It also feared an attack by Iran and was pretty much bottled up there. That concern is gone for Iran and they don't see anyone, other than Israel, that can stand up to their increasing influence and designs in the region.

We need to keep in mind that NK had a nuclear program long before Iran while Iraq never had more than a few biological weapons programs and had long abandoned any nuclear aspirations so they were out of play.

I think our real problem states are NK, Iran, for where they are headed, and Pakistan and India for where they may go. The later two have nuclear weapons and in the case of Pakistan more than a few muslim extremists.

The of course you throw in Russia and China and it's just a crazy world these days!

+1

People also forget that Iraq and Iran kept one another in check always worried the other would attack. It was a thorn in our sides but unlike Iran there is no proof it ever provided material support to terrorists or worked with them. Iraq's Shite ruling minority had no love of the Sunni majority's aligned groups. It also feared an attack by Iran and was pretty much bottled up there. That concern is gone for Iran and they don't see anyone, other than Israel, that can stand up to their increasing influence and designs in the region.

We need to keep in mind that NK had a nuclear program long before Iran while Iraq never had more than a few biological weapons programs and had long abandoned any nuclear aspirations so they were out of play.

I think our real problem states are NK, Iran, for where they are headed, and Pakistan and India for where they may go. The later two have nuclear weapons and in the case of Pakistan more than a few muslim extremists.

The of course you throw in Russia and China and it's just a crazy world these days!

Well said Jeff.

That very nice Jimmy Carter got us to send HUGE amounts of oil and food in exchange for them NOT developing a Nuclear Program. Thanks a lot , Jimmy and Billy Clinton . . . .

And, Jeffy remember, Billy, Hillary, John and all the Dems thought Sadam had WMD's, they siad so MANY times!

That very nice Jimmy Carter got us to send HUGE amounts of oil and food in exchange for them NOT developing a Nuclear Program. Thanks a lot , Jimmy and Billy Clinton . . . .

And, Jeffy remember, Billy, Hillary, John and all the Dems thought Sadam had WMD's, they siad so MANY times!

Based on the Bush administration's intelligence reports that we know now ignored any evidence counter to that claim.

So your point is?

:headscratch:

We haven't had a good Bush bashing in here in a long time, we haven't had a good "we :censored: up invading Iraq discussion in a long time too, do you really want to open up that stuff again and put yourself in a position of defending that decision?

"You gotta ask yourself...do I feel lucky?"

:hysterical:

Archived