TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Just Got The Call

mastersmech1

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Shelby 500 is sold out??

Did you read this somewhere?

In my neck of the woods, they are sold out, and the lists are long for a 2008. I am sure many other states are the same way. I should edit my post to say "almost sold out". Sorry for the confusion.

Thanks for all this information. I just ordered a black 5 speed. The order was placed with Ford Tuesday (of course pricing is still up in the air). I am stuck with a fairly big mark up unless something cools off before the car gets here. I looked all over southern calif. for a GT 500 and the best I could find was $15K over. The dealer thought the GT would be mid to high 30's. With the 500 going for $44 with gas guzzler you would think $35 would be the high end. Maybe Ford wants to keep a little of the money on their books, not just the dealer's. The GT is what I really wanted anyway, but so far I am not too sure about those black wheels. Does anyone know if that was based on input from Shelby?

Thanks for all this information. I just ordered a black 5 speed. The order was placed with Ford Tuesday (of course pricing is still up in the air). I am stuck with a fairly big mark up unless something cools off before the car gets here. I looked all over southern calif. for a GT 500 and the best I could find was $15K over. The dealer thought the GT would be mid to high 30's. With the 500 going for $44 with gas guzzler you would think $35 would be the high end. Maybe Ford wants to keep a little of the money on their books, not just the dealer's. The GT is what I really wanted anyway, but so far I am not too sure about those black wheels. Does anyone know if that was based on input from Shelby?

Welcome to the site pagerart.

Have you had a chance to go to shelby's site and look at the car and the goodies. It is WWW.shelbyautos.com The history on the car is also there. Your going to love it.

Rob B)

Lots of e-mails and phone calls finally paid off....I ordered mine today at MSRP in writing. :hyper:

White

Dark Charcoal interior

Manual

Shaker 500

Interior Upgrade w/ charcoal panel

Anti-theft system

Sirius

Congrats, socaljafo!!! Way to go!!! Fill us all in as more info becomes available (ie: Pricing of options. etc). Good Luck!!! :hyper: :beerchug: :burnout:

Lots of e-mails and phone calls finally paid off....I ordered mine today at MSRP in writing. :hyper:

White

Dark Charcoal interior

Manual

Shaker 500

Interior Upgrade w/ charcoal panel

Anti-theft system

Sirius

Socal,

I ordered mine at MSRP on the 22nd. How do do you know what you're actually going to pay? I have a signed agreement for MSRP too, but theres going to be additional charges from Shelby bringing the car up to at least 36-37K. I don't think anyone of us with one on order know what we're going to pay. Theres a reputable dealer in MN thats already decided to sell the S GT for 30K over list. I think my "signed agreement " will actually be only a right to first refusal agreement when we find out the the "actual price". I hope not but the dealer I spoke with in MN says this is probably the case. :banghead:

Criticalbill,

I don't know what the final pricing is going to be. The VOC list the MSRP at $30,720. Amy B has said for awhile the price will be around $35K. I don't believe that includes any of the Shelby upgrades I want (CS hood, supercharger, brakes, etc). I am satisfied to pay MSRP for the Shelby GT. 35K might be a little high, I would think 32-33K is more in line for the basic Shelby GT but there is only 6000 being built in 2007 and this is as close to my dream cars (65 GT350 & 67 GT500) that I will ever be able to afford. When pricing comes out for the upgrades I will add on what I want until the loan runs out.

As for as the signed deal...You gave me pause with your post last night in another thread. Like the somebody else said, I have a signed note at the bottom of my VOC. If they don't want to honor that when time comes I will also create problems for them. I suppose that is the best I could do. The dealer I ordered with is a small dealer in a saturated market.

Don't forget they are not losing money on MSRP. They are still making a 7% profit on a car that will not sit on their lot costing them interest. It is a very low overhead sale for them. Heck, if we can pick the car up in Vegas as Amy has said, they don't even spend money to prep the car.

Finally, now they have my loyalty for future cars. The Explorer I sat next to yesterday looks very nice. They also have my endorsement if friends, family, coworkers, strangers are looking for a Ford, Lincoln, Mercury. ADM's may make money in the short term but customer service and honesty will make money for a long time.

Off my soap box now.

Amy please help we need more info on the shelby gt ...........

The car will be 35K msrp, I am not sure what the 30K includes or doesn't, but I am certain the car will be 35K it will be finalized this week, we are finishing up the warrenty expenses and shipping. If a dealer is telling you less, they are mistaken

Amy

Thanks Amy,sorry to bother you :doh: please let us know any new ordering info that you may recieve. I am trying to contact my dealer to order one . Also do you know if the black shelby gt,s only come with the black wheels or are the polished aluminum wheels also available like the white cars . Sal

Thanks Amy,sorry to bother you :doh: please let us know any new ordering info that you may recieve. I am trying to contact my dealer to order one . Also do you know if the black shelby gt,s only come with the black wheels or are the polished aluminum wheels also available like the white cars . Sal

Hi Sal, I believe the black wheels are for the black car. Maybe the dealer can request a swap?

Amy

Got mine ordered today as well!!!!!!!

I am extremely pumped--and will be happier when I know what MSRP will be.

I went with the following:

Black

Manual

IUP

Dark Charcoal Interior

Shaker 500

Anti Theft

Lockable wheels

Sirius

Now I just have to save my pennies to afford that S/C.

Cool. There's a good investment. A $65k Mustang GT.

Good Form! :finger:

Yes, I am now extremely worried when they build me a one-off GT-350 convertible (kidding, no one has offered to do this for me)! Ford & Shelby promised me no more than $46k :hyper: , but the dealer is charging $127,286.50 delivery & 'prep' fee! :finger::drop:

Yes, I am now extremely worried when they build me a one-off GT-350 convertible (kidding, no one has offered to do this for me)! Ford & Shelby promised me no more than $46k :hyper: , but the dealer is charging $127,286.50 delivery & 'prep' fee! :finger::drop:

HOLY..............SHI**** :censored::drop: (LOL)

My Dora is getting faxed to me tommorow. My car will arrive at Shely Automative on Christmas Eve. They estimate 6-8 weeks after completion for arrival. :happy feet:

Do you know what the shutdown schedule for Ford and SAI is during the Holidays ?

My Dora is getting faxed to me tommorow. My car will arrive at Shely Automative on Christmas Eve. They estimate 6-8 weeks after completion for arrival. :happy feet:

:redcard::stop: Shely Automative? Shely Automative? No wonder you got this car at MSRP, MM! It's not a real 'Shelby'! :hysterical2: Hornswaggled by the dealer again! Park it next to your Chinese reproduction Shebly GT 5000!!! :hysterical:

Seriously, man...Congratulations! :beerchug: Let us know of the progress! What an excellent X-mas present! :shift:

Hi Sal, I believe the black wheels are for the black car. Maybe the dealer can request a swap?

Amy

Well bummer. When I pick mine up at SA I will drive it back so doubtful if they will swap used wheels. I really prefer the polished ones myself to go with the black car. :cry:

Guess I need to check on polished razors or look for some other wheels...that will fit over the Baer brakes.

:hyper:

I agree, Mil. By the way, I think the polished Razors will look awesome on that car. Are you going with an s/c?

Of course! :banana piano:

And the Baer brakes, GT-H hood and hopefully a few other items if they get updated in time. Otherwise I will have to do it later but I would at least like to get the front brake ducts and driving lights along with the tail lights.

Archived