TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Just Got The Call

mastersmech1

Depending on the cost of the 'charger, I would dive on that in convertible form....475 HP sounds a little high, but we can hope...

I wonder if that will carry a full Ford warranty? Just wondering if the internals can take that boost for 'extended play'. My guess is that the boost level would be high....wonder if it's a twin screw or a roots??? Probably a roots.....hmmmmmmmmmmmm

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My dealer can order the car, but not any goodies. What the he!! is the deal?

My local dealer can also order the car with the uplifters Pkg. just like Amy said.

What do you want a bet that all the goodies you speak of are aftermarket Shelby Goodies. ;)

That's possible...buy the car for $30,000 as a Shelby with no goodies. Then spend 5-7k on the good stuff? Maybe thats the deal. :sos:

My dealer called and will order the car for me as well. However, after they build it there is no pricing. She also was unaware of a supercharger option. She said Ford shot down Foose on adding the supercharger because it would compete too closely with the GT500. I asked her why they would worry about that when there are thousands of people already on waiting lists to buy every GT500 Ford is going to make??!!??!! :doh:

That's possible...buy the car for $30,000 as a Shelby with no goodies. Then spend 5-7k on the good stuff? Maybe thats the deal. :sos:

MasterMech, I do not think 30K will get you one. Here is that e-mail from my local dealer:

Your cost with shaker 1000, security anti theft ,and all the

features that come with upfitters pkg is 33,760 that is 1990.00 mark up (ADM) Let

me know. Our vp of sales said I could take deposit from you as soon as you

are ready. That could move you to the # 1 spot on our list.

Seems like a lot of money for 19 hp?

I agree Ruf, plus you have to factor in the dealer ADM's.

But for some one who just wants a Shelby, I believe this car will be more easily obtainable than a GT500. Then again with only an estimated 6000 being made I could be wrong. :headscratch:

I agree Ruf, plus you have to factor in the dealer ADM's.

But for some one who just wants a Shelby, I believe this car will be more easily obtainable than a GT500. Then again with only an estimated 6000 being made I could be wrong. :headscratch:

I think you are right. Once people figure out that a GT500 is too hard to get, there will be a rush to get this vehicle. They will get gobbled up quick.

Gobbled is a good word for the season, isn't it !

I think you are right. Once people figure out that a GT500 is too hard to get, there will be a rush to get this vehicle. They will get gobbled up quick.

Gobbled is a good word for the season, isn't it !

It really is a shame, I actually like this car but couldn't justify the extra cost vs added performance you would be getting. For the life of me I can't understand why Ford/Shelby didn't pump this car up to at least 350hp. It can easily be done, guys with regular GT's are getting this with just a few bolt on mods. It would make the car a much better performance value.

It really is a shame, I actually like this car but couldn't justify the extra cost vs added performance you would be getting. For the life of me I can't understand why Ford/Shelby didn't pump this car up to at least 350hp. It can easily be done, guys with regular GT's are getting this with just a few bolt on mods. It would make the car a much better performance value.

So what's the big deal. Buy it and throw another 500 to 1000 bucks at it and you will have the 350 Hp.

So what's the big deal. Buy it and throw another 500 to 1000 bucks at it and you will have the 350 Hp.

It's really just a personal issue. I could buy a Shelby GT for about $35,000 and then add $1000 - $2000 worth of parts to it or buy a regular GT for $25,000 and add $5000 worth of parts to it and still be under what I would have in the Shelby GT.

To each his own.

I just got an answer from the dealer that finally makes sense. The $30,000 buys the GT upfitted for the Shelby GT...interior upgrade CS front and rear panels, 3.55 rear end, and whatever else) He said Ford and Shelby had not arrived at a price for the Shelby portion. He told me that I am #1 on his list and if I give them $500 deposit than I can have it for MSRP, whatever that is, probably $36,000 after Selby mods. He said that the deposit is refundable at any time if I change my mind and they would put MSRP on the contract. That sounds too good to be true. I'll know on Friday as I'm going to try to seal this deal. If what they say is true, I can always change my mind.

I just got an answer from the dealer that finally makes sense. The $30,000 buys the GT upfitted for the Shelby GT...interior upgrade CS front and rear panels, 3.55 rear end, and whatever else) He said Ford and Shelby had not arrived at a price for the Shelby portion. He told me that I am #1 on his list and if I give them $500 deposit than I can have it for MSRP, whatever that is, probably $36,000 after Selby mods. He said that the deposit is refundable at any time if I change my mind and they would put MSRP on the contract. That sounds too good to be true. I'll know on Friday as I'm going to try to seal this deal. If what they say is true, I can always change my mind.

I have heard all along that the Shelby GT price is to be around 35K :shift:

I just had a dealer seriously qoute me $10,000 ADM.....He was very nice though when I said no-way faster then this car will get to 60.

You watch, mark my words. The frenzy over these cars is comming because the GT500 is SOLD OUT.

Just read an email from another dealer.....

"The Shelby GT is not a Ford product. You have to call a local Shelby dealer."

UGH!!!

Also, Amy B responding to a post on the Shelby site said there will be options available from Shelby. They just aren't finalized yet. However, somethings like the supercharger will have to be done afterwards or with the Shelby pick-up option....Works for me. By the way it is a Paxton blower with Shelby brand.

http://forum.shelbyautos.com/index.php?showtopic=260

http://forum.shelbyautos.com/index.php?showtopic=265

Just read an email from another dealer.....

"The Shelby GT is not a Ford product. You have to call a local Shelby dealer."

UGH!!!

Also, Amy B responding to a post on the Shelby site said there will be options available from Shelby. They just aren't finalized yet. However, somethings like the supercharger will have to be done afterwards or with the Shelby pick-up option....Works for me. By the way it is a Paxton blower with Shelby brand.

http://forum.shelbyautos.com/index.php?showtopic=260

http://forum.shelbyautos.com/index.php?showtopic=265

I wish the Shelby GT would of come "factory" with some balls. Now you have to Mod it. Not the same for me. To each ther own.

The 500 is not sold out here. Most of the dealers I have talked to have at least one in stock and I know of one that has several......your's for the taken at 20-30 thousand ADM. I know because it takes me two minutes with each one explaining that the "Shelby GT" is not the GT500.

Yeah, me too. I know of 3-4 in my immediate area with (who knows for sure)- 10 (?) within a half-hour drive. They all have the "white-knuckle grip" on their ADM sheets, $20k + or -.

:idea: Let 'em sit allllll winter :chairshot: That ought to cool their ADM-loving rear-ends!! :yup:

Let's hope. Get those beasts in the hands of people who appreciate them.

Archived