TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Just Got The Call

mastersmech1

My salesman had an emergency and left @2. I'll see him Tommorow or Monday. Maybe I can become more informed by then>

When I was chatting with my dealer today, I asked him if he had a list for 08's (GT500). they will most likely get 1. He said no, and if you know anyone, give them my number. I asked how much ADM. He said he was not sure, but most likely 15K.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The ordering info is relatively incomplete. I know more than the salesman does. On the phone he said there was one upgrade package and he didn't know what that included. WTF?

Info should be added shortly. I would make sure you can add stuff after the order. Amy B. indicated that you could, but I would at lease make a list of what you want, and add some kind of addendum to the order sheet so you have a record of it. When the '500 banks opened, they were whacked for the first few days, too.

arent all sales men the same??? We no more thean them ????

Well, look at it this way. The salesman might be able to sell 1 or 2 of these cars this year, or 30 Explorers/LTD's/Edges. Where would you spend your time learning? Why, the models you sell the most of, so you can earn a living, of course! ;)

This is the guy I bought my GT500 from. We have a verbal on MSRP for the Shelby GT. If that means anything.

That means alot to me. You are lucky he stuck to his word. My dealer went back on his verbal for MSRP on the GT500 (after I waited a year at #1). Called me and said "+$25,000". I said :censored::censored:

So, the fact that your dealer stuck to his word says alot

I just got the call from my dealer. He said they just ordered a black Shelby GT with manual trans. and it is mine if I want it. He said there was only one box for upgrade and this car is getting it. He said I can make order changes if I want within the next week. If I jump on it, I want white with automatic as I have a Torch Red GT500 convert already. I told him i'll sleep on it and call him tommorow. Anyone else order yet?

Ok I'm confused here...I've been waiting on my dealer in Atlanta to let me know when I can order the Shelby GT...they are pretty reputable...claim to have sold 17 GT500's already......they have 5 in stock right now at 59K...they have told me that the GT will have ADM for sure with only a run of 11,000 GT's made for 2007.....heck I'll order the GT today if you can for sticker....any more info on price? :banghead:

Ok I'm confused here...I've been waiting on my dealer in Atlanta to let me know when I can order the Shelby GT...they are pretty reputable...claim to have sold 17 GT500's already......they have 5 in stock right now at 59K...they have told me that the GT will have ADM for sure with only a run of 11,000 GT's made for 2007.....heck I'll order the GT today if you can for sticker....any more info on price? :banghead:

I can put you in contact with the fleet guy at a store in Oregon who will place a order for you for $1,999 ADM Monday morning.

I should have more information tommorow.

Just left the dealer, where I drove an automatic (Just to see), as I have a GT500 already. No way on the automatic!! Told him what I want in a Shelby GT. Last week when he called, they had already ordered a black one. After our phone conversation last week, they changed it to white at my request. I left and told him to call me when he had his fact strait. Just got the call. He built a Shelby GT with Shaker 1,000 for $30,985 MSRP. I told him loose the 1,000 for a 500 as thats all I need. Add the standard stang interior upgrade, locking wheel lugs and active anti theft and call me back. I'll get the call shortly. As FiveOh B stated in a post, in order to get the Shelby GT package upgrade, you get 3:55 gears. The salesman rattled off the Shelby upgrades such as suspension, exhaust, badging, etc. Sounded like the right car. He couldn't give me any options such as supercharger or hood, that sucks. Stay Tuned.

Just left the dealer, where I drove an automatic (Just to see), as I have a GT500 already. No way on the automatic!! Told him what I want in a Shelby GT. Last week when he called, they had already ordered a black one. After our phone conversation last week, they changed it to white at my request. I left and told him to call me when he had his fact strait. Just got the call. He built a Shelby GT with Shaker 1,000 for $30,985 MSRP. I told him loose the 1,000 for a 500 as thats all I need. Add the standard stang interior upgrade, locking wheel lugs and active anti theft and call me back. I'll get the call shortly. As FiveOh B stated in a post, in order to get the Shelby GT package upgrade, you get 3:55 gears. The salesman rattled off the Shelby upgrades such as suspension, exhaust, badging, etc. Sounded like the right car. He couldn't give me any options such as supercharger or hood, that sucks. Stay Tuned.

Just got the call with the above mentioned option $30,535. Anyone else dealing on this one yet?

If I were you, I would wait to see if a Super Charger and Hood option makes you happy. It would suck if you found out later that you could of had those items. It might sour your deal a little. IMO.

Rob

Supercharger should be an option as well as the GT-H hood.

We just ordered our first Shelby GT Thursday. We do not know pricing yet or even a remote ETA.

I find it odd that 2 members on this site got pricing from dealers, and were asked "wanna buy it" , yet 2 other dealers that post on this site say that they do not have pricing. :headscratch:

I find it odd that 2 members on this site got pricing from dealers, and were asked "wanna buy it" , yet 2 other dealers that post on this site say that they do not have pricing. :headscratch:

The whole deal appears vague at this point.

Hey, just saw this on Ford's website. They upped the cash back incentive from $500 to $1000

Year end incentive

My dealer mentioned the $500 incentive.

We just ordered our first Shelby GT Thursday. We do not know pricing yet or even a remote ETA.

I don't understand being allowed to order it and not knowing the price. :headscratch:

Gee, I like the price. Needs {for me}: Supercharger & 'vert. Sooooo close for me, yet... :banghead:

Please keep us posted!

Gee, I like the price. Needs {for me}: Supercharger & 'vert. Sooooo close for me, yet... :banghead:

Please keep us posted!

S/C, hood and brake upgrades...I'll pass on the vert this time but I do hope they come out so you can get one. I'd like to park mine next to your vert somewhere! :banana piano:

The dealership I have been dealing with have no clue at all on the Shelby GT they don't even see it in the system yet...according to them.

:sos:

:headspin: I put a down payment on an 08 shelby Gt500 if it gets built, I have an agreement with dealer here for 10,000 over MSRP, color will be vista blue met, with comp white stripes, ordering the American Racing 20" wheels and will put the Roush 200 Hp supercharger on, will also add the leather up grade interior, and shaker 1000 stereo, more performance will be planned of coarse!!! Hurry up Ford BUILD, BuiLd, BUILD, I rode in LSR's yesteday and man these cars are GREAT and I can't wait, Later Mickey

The following information was posted today in the Shelby Autos Forum...from a Ford Dealer, not a Shelby representative:

http://forum.shelbyautos.com/index.php?showtopic=305

For those customers who are upset with the slow information process, I can say that we just got our first information from Ford. In our monthly KC region newsletter, we got a copied hand out about the Shelby GT. It doesn't say much that I hadn't read on the net, but this is the first time Ford's given us anything since the inital anouncement, so hopefully more info will start to flow soon.

Highlights

Timing: Job #2 12/4/2006

Volume 6,000 units

SAE rated 319 HP

54U Package- Ford content at Mustang Plant

GT/CS based (Fascias/Side scoops)

18" Wheels- White gets Polished aluminum, Black gets new Black aluminum

Side air bags

Tire Inflator kit (ilo spare)

Bright aluminum pedals

Shelby Modifications

FR Power Upgrade package