TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Why would a Company use Face Book or one of the others?

What is the significance of Face Book to a Business? Wouldn't an actual Web Site be better? What can Face Book do for the Business that a Web Site could not do. I would not want to risk my Company's Reputation on a Site where someone could leave Negative Comments just because someone does not like one of my Products (with out trying it) or does not like Me or one of my Employee's, or is just screwing around. To much can go bad at no fault of the Company. Just my thoughts, what are yours?

I have never understood these kinds of sites. But I will just sound like an old fart (which I am) if I carry on. So much of this stuff is in existence because too many people have too much time on their hands or are using what would otherwise be productive time to fiddle on these sites. My two cents only but I am ready to go back to carbon paper (and, no, that would not increase my carbon footprint).

Jim

What is the significance of Face Book to a Business? Wouldn't an actual Web Site be better? What can Face Book do for the Business that a Web Site could not do. I would not want to risk my Company's Reputation on a Site where someone could leave Negative Comments just because someone does not like one of my Products (with out trying it) or does not like Me or one of my Employee's, or is just screwing around. To much can go bad at no fault of the Company. Just my thoughts, what are yours?

A web site is informational where FaceBook, MySpace, Twitter, etc., are social networking sites that encourage customer input and interaction. It's a great way to have customers follow you and push out information and get feedback in return.

http://www.insidefacebook.com/2008/07/28/f...ds-what-it-has/

A web site is informational where FaceBook, MySpace, Twitter, etc., are social networking sites that encourage customer input and interaction. It's a great way to have customers follow you and push out information and get feedback in return.

http://www.insidefacebook.com/2008/07/28/f...ds-what-it-has/

+1....

I could see a business utilizing Facebook as an additional means of communication, however Facebook limits the amount one can do on the site with regard to site layout, etc. A stand-alone primary company website is a must, and it could in turn link to the company's Facebook site, and vice-versa, which might help generate more business. There would be a drawback in that people could post, publicly, information (whether true of false) which could be damaging to the business. Depending upon the type of business and what once is trying to acheive, Facebook may or may not be a good idea.

Any post on your own Facebook profile (whether controlled by a person or company) can be deleted with the click of a mouse.

Social network sites are used by tons of people who might otherwise not hear of any given company's product. It makes lots of sense to me.

Ken

Any post on your own Facebook profile (whether controlled by a person or company) can be deleted with the click of a mouse.

Social network sites are used by tons of people who might otherwise not hear of any given company's product. It makes lots of sense to me.

Ken

Can be good and bad. Although you are attracting a different audience, you have more power to really regulate what they hear and create a more positive image. So for example, it's a great way to get the younger generation(s) involved, but at the same time if there is negative "press", it can be deleted, and quite possibly blurring some of the reality? IMHO, seeing both the negative and positive feedback makes me feel better :-)

Yes, you can delete the negative comments, but the business owner would need to be able to watch out for that all the time, and delete the negative posts before they cause damage. Honest negative feedback may be useful; I'd be more worried about the unscrupulous characters and competitors.

I use Merchantcircle which is sort of like facebook but is for businesses. It is national with about 600,000 member businesses but is broken down into localities. I invite other businesses to join my circle (which many do) and then when somebody goes to their site, my ads are displayed. I have a comprehensive listing on Merchantcircle that also has links to my actual website. It generates good business. I've only been using it for a few weeks but have a ROI of 224.41% as of yesterday.

Yes, you can delete the negative comments, but the business owner would need to be able to watch out for that all the time, and delete the negative posts before they cause damage. Honest negative feedback may be useful; I'd be more worried about the unscrupulous characters and competitors.

Thats Exactly what I am talking about. It would take a lot of time to police the Site and it only takes ONE person who wants to screw you over and hurt your business. Back when I was producing the Tribute Edition Shelby kits for the 1994 to 2005 Mustangs, I received a few very Rude/Mean Emails because I was Converting V6 Mustangs in to G.T. 350's (Gt Mustangs are G.T. 500 & Cobra's are GT 500KR). The funny part is that, NOW, Carroll Shelby is Producing V6 Shelby's.

Archived