TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Stolen Cessna vs. F-16's

A cessna 172 was stolen from a flight school in thunder bay canada & is being chased by 2 f-16s in wisconsin.

Capitol evacuated, stolen Cessna possibly headed towards Madison.

I'm getting this news via Twitter...the big news agencies aren't even reporting it yet!

This is a potential "Man Caused Disaster". Perhaps the F-16 pilots are waiting on a decision by Obama.

CNN has it:

FAA: Stolen Cessna from Canada intercepted, tracked

Posted: 06:10 PM ET

WASHINGTON (CNN) — A small Cessna 172 aircraft reported stolen from a Canadian flight school and flown into U.S. airspace has been intercepted by U.S. military aircraft, authorities said Monday afternoon.

Federal Aviation Administration spokeswoman Laura Brown confirmed the plane was reportedly stolen from a flight school in Thunder Bay, Canada.

Brown said the pilot of the aircraft, identified as a student at the flight school, was not communicating with air traffic controllers. The pilot showed no sign of hostile intent, Brown said, and authorities planned to continue tracking the plane.

The plane was being tracked by U.S. aircraft in the area of Duluth, Minnesota, Brown said.

A U.S. defense official told CNN that two U.S. Air Force F-16 jets were dispatched after Canadian authorities requested that U.S. aircraft tail the plane in U.S. air space. The official would not say which base the F-16 jets came from.

I'm seeing other reports that it's still in the air and that the State Capitol has been evacuated. What is the TRUTH???

CNN has it:

FAA: Stolen Cessna from Canada intercepted, tracked

Posted: 06:10 PM ET

WASHINGTON (CNN) — A small Cessna 172 aircraft reported stolen from a Canadian flight school and flown into U.S. airspace has been intercepted by U.S. military aircraft, authorities said Monday afternoon.

Federal Aviation Administration spokeswoman Laura Brown confirmed the plane was reportedly stolen from a flight school in Thunder Bay, Canada.

Brown said the pilot of the aircraft, identified as a student at the flight school, was not communicating with air traffic controllers. The pilot showed no sign of hostile intent, Brown said, and authorities planned to continue tracking the plane.

The plane was being tracked by U.S. aircraft in the area of Duluth, Minnesota, Brown said.

A U.S. defense official told CNN that two U.S. Air Force F-16 jets were dispatched after Canadian authorities requested that U.S. aircraft tail the plane in U.S. air space. The official would not say which base the F-16 jets came from.

Can you provide me that link? I'm looking on CNN.com right now and still see nothing!

They tried to force him to land in Rhinelander WI. He refused to land, I actually heard the F16's overhead this afternoon but, was unaware what was happining but, the local fire and EMS services, including mine was on alert. He was still heading south

They tried to force him to land in Rhinelander WI. He refused to land, I actually heard the F16's overhead this afternoon but, was unaware what was happining but, the local fire and EMS services, including mine was on alert. He was still heading south

Apparently, he's still flying! I wonder how this will end...hopefully peacefully but...

FAA officials tell BNO News that the stolen Cessna aircraft has flown into Illinois and is still being chased by F16s.

The pilot has been unresponsive to the F-16 pilots.

Is the Guy a Democrat?, If so, the Plane might be Barrowed to bring back some of that Canadian Beer and the F-16's are the Esscorts and the "Stolen Plane" Story could be a Cover ............ :hysterical:

Archived