TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Looking for FEED BACK on a Marketing Idea that I have

As some of you know, I have started a new Business called TALLAMEDIA where I am publishing a Few Bookazines (Books set up like Magazines) that will be printed twice a Year. I have Volume One of Tallahassee Cruising set up with 13 very cool Vehicles, several Cruise Inn’s are featured as well as a List of the Local Clubs and Cruise Inn’s and even a feature in the very back titled “THE END GIRL” All that is needed to be done now is to sell the Advertising Spaces. The Bookazine is 80 Pages of which 36 Pages is set aside for Advertising. Advertising Prices are super cheap, an inside full page Color Ad is just $450.00. The Bookazine will be printed with a Press on 80 Pound Glossy Paper (very thick).

There are 7 Specialty Ad Pages, 2 Pages Inside Front Cover, the very next Page, the Page beside THE END GIRL, the 2 Pages inside Back Cover and the Outside Back Cover. Specialty Ad Pages are always Full Page Ads and always Cost more then the Inside Full Page Ads. I can sell these Pages at the low Prices that I have already decided on OR, I came up with a cool Marketing Idea that I would like some Feed Back on.

I Price the 7 Pages higher, Pages 2 & 3 at $2,250.00 each, Page 4, 76, 78, & 79 at $2,000.00 each and Page 80 at $3,500.00 for a total of $16,000.00. I then take the whole amount and pay to has as many copies printed as possible. I had planned all along to give away Volume One and I will still do that, which should be about 3000 copies. Bare in mind that this is a Publication for Tallahassee, not Nationwide. The Marketing Idea is: Sell the 7 Pages and turn ALL of the Inside Advertising Pages into 2 Half Page Ads where I let 58 New Small Businesses Advertise for Free, thanks to the 7 Generous Companies who bought the 7 Pages. I would find Small Business that have been in Business for less the 2 Years. Advertising is very expensive in our local News Papers and on our Radio Stations that most Small Businesses can’t afford to Advertise. The 7 Businesses would help give 58 Businesses a chance to Advertise there Business for Free, thus helping our Community survive.

The question is: Do you think this is a good Marketing Idea to try?

Pricing seems too high. I get a 1/4 page full color ad in a local magazine mailed to 74,000 homes for $400.00. Yes, it's not a full page ad but the size difference would not generate any additional revenue. If you have limited circulation or the magazine has to be purchased for the ad to be seen it is not a good deal for the business owner as his ROI will probably not be too good.

Archived