TEAM SHELBY FORUM

wife and mods

I posted a topic earlier today about installing Redline Tuning hood struts. When my wife came home from work today I said “Dear come and see what I did to the car today, you have to come to the front of the car to see it”. I opened the door and released the hood latch. She said “you don’t have to open the hood, I can see those new black things on the hood “ pointing to the heat extractors. I told her that they came with the car and then opened the hood. She saw the struts and then she said, “when are we going shopping for new living room furniture?” Boy, talk about taking the wind out of my sails.

I posted a topic earlier today about installing Redline Tuning hood struts. When my wife came home from work today I said “Dear come and see what I did to the car today, you have to come to the front of the car to see it”. I opened the door and released the hood latch. She said “you don’t have to open the hood, I can see those new black things on the hood “ pointing to the heat extractors. I told her that they came with the car and then opened the hood. She saw the struts and then she said, “when are we going shopping for new living room furniture?” Boy, talk about taking the wind out of my sails.

I have the ideal Plan for you...........

<01> Order new Racing Seats for your Car.

<02> Put your Original Shelby Seats in your Living Room.

<03> Tell your Wife that you bought Matching Custom Recliners.

Problem Solved and you both do the happy dance............................ :happy feet: :happy feet:

My wife has been asking for mods, I think she may be jealous of Shelby. :banghead:

Chris

I offered the wife a mod, a rear end lift kit, she didn't think it was very funny.

I feel your pain buddy, my wife hates my car so much she can hardly keep from scratching it every time she walks by it. 2nd day after I got it home (by the way a friend had to take me to get it, she wouldn't) she put that CD by Carry underwood in with the song "before he cheats" because it had to do with damage to the vehicle. Then she ran around singing it but changed the words to Shelby ride!!

I feel your pain buddy, my wife hates my car so much she can hardly keep from scratching it every time she walks by it. 2nd day after I got it home (by the way a friend had to take me to get it, she wouldn't) she put that CD by Carry underwood in with the song "before he cheats" because it had to do with damage to the vehicle. Then she ran around singing it but changed the words to Shelby ride!!

Wow. My wife loves the Shelby and wouldn't even let me trade my '00 Mustang GT in on it when it was purchased. When money gets tight she does however point towards the garage and says lots of stuff. I have no idea what she says since I rarely listen.

BTW, where are you? I'm just over in Windermere.

Guest hfrosso

My wife is trying to keep track of what i've spended in the car so she can spend the same amount with herself!!!!

the good thing is that she is always planing vacations with the money!!!

My wife hates the car, but my 6 and 2 year old love it when i get home at nite the kids want to go for a ride every nite she just roll her eye. as for the mod well lets say 750 hp and all the goodies and she dont know anything i guess its a good thing she hates it. she never pays attention to it. yaaaaaaaaa for me

LETHAL COMBINATION and one of the reasons for Ex's!!! Unless you let her in to share the passion and enjoy the ride with you then you guys would have it made in the shade!!! :yup:

It was my wife's idea to buy the Shelby. I had on 06 GT that I was moding to look like the GT500 and one day she said--"instaed of spending money on that car, why not just get a real one?" She is a car nut that has not yet told me how much she spent completely restoring he 68 firebird so I get no resistance on my toys. :happy feet: Fell bad for some of you :cry:

Yea...Whenever I do anyhting to the car, I get the....."why did you take off a

perfectly good part ?? " She continues..."you go and buy a new car and then

take it apart. Whats the point"

I try to balance the needs on both ends, but mostly don't even bother

showing her to cool stuff that goes on the car. Although, my 15 year old son

enjoys the mods.

Last mod cost me new furniture for the entire den. Nice furniture..comfy and cozy.

ItalianStallion

Archived