TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Major Brake Dust any fix?

aaronlstiles

Does anyone know what model Brembeo brakes are on the Shelby, the HB 194 or the HB 195. also what is the model number for the rear, hawk deosn't have a pad out for the shelby but they have pads for the Brembo brakes just need the Model numbers for front and rear.

TAHOE GT posted a great thread on the brakes in the Mods section. Take a look back about 3 pages or so there...

Does anyone know what model Brembeo brakes are on the Shelby, the HB 194 or the HB 195. also what is the model number for the rear, hawk deosn't have a pad out for the shelby but they have pads for the Brembo brakes just need the Model numbers for front and rear.

The Brembos use an AP1001 pad. I don't know what number the rears are, though.

Thanks for the mention sprint200.

Dave - how much money do I have to send you for you to post a short video of the Camaro running? :baby:

...and I"m hurt that you don't trust me...poor Ruf.... :cry:

Sorry RUF, I took the Camaro to the body shop yesterday...won't be able to drive her until April. :rant:

Good news....she will have completely new paint, those sloppy door hinge detents will be fixed, all new weatherstripping will quiet her down, and I finally get spoilers added...woo hoo.

I will have interim pics of the process, but it's a chevy..so I can't post here without retribution.

Dave

P.S. I trust you. :D

The brake pads chosen by the design engineers is similar in philosophy to the choice of softer bushings in the upper control arm. It's all about day to day drivability and manners. If Ford put racing pads on the Shelby, they'd have a bunch of people bringing their cars in to service for noisy or rough (Ruf) feeling brakes. Not to mention that higher perf pads require specific break-in procedures to be fully effective - can't trust Joe Blow to actually follow though on this. By having softer pads, they feel good, but are just dirtier.

The brake pads chosen by the design engineers is similar in philosophy to the choice of softer bushings in the upper control arm. It's all about day to day drivability and manners. If Ford put racing pads on the Shelby, they'd have a bunch of people bringing their cars in to service for noisy or rough (Ruf) feeling brakes. Not to mention that higher perf pads require specific break-in procedures to be fully effective - can't trust Joe Blow to actually follow though on this. By having softer pads, they feel good, but are just dirtier.

Bull Shi-!!! I have an 04 Mystic I can drive it all week and it doesn't have a fraction of the brake dust my 500 makes with a 50 mile trip, and my 04 Doesn't have any brake noise at all. So I think they could have done a lot better job for a 44K sticker. Jus my o2.

Bull Shi-!!! I have an 04 Mystic I can drive it all week and it doesn't have a fraction of the brake dust my 500 makes with a 50 mile trip, and my 04 Doesn't have any brake noise at all. So I think they could have done a lot better job for a 44K sticker. Jus my o2.

cost cutting = cheaper

This is how they helped keep the cost down on the MSRP :doh:

cost cutting = cheaper

This is how they helped keep the cost down on the MSRP :doh:

And a lot of the cost cutting ends up being a mistake since many are clearly willing to pay more than the current MSRP...sure would have been nice to have a higher MSRP and better components instead of a lower MSRP, worse components, and ADM...

Settle down dude. How do you know it doesn't create as much dust...do you collect it in a bag and weigh it? What I'm saying is that you may NOTICE it more on the GT500. It may be the color of the wheels, the airflow around the wheels, etc...it might have nothing to do with the brakes themselves. Besides, I'll bet the swept area of the brakes is much larger on the GT500...does your '04 have 14" rotors?

Edit: The other thing I can't help but wonder...what if you guys hook up the brake cooling ducts that are "ready" made in the front grille? I'll bet the increased air flow keeps much of the dust off. Who is going to be the first to try this?

Dave

Settle down dude. How do you know it doesn't create as much dust...do you collect it in a bag and weigh it? What I'm saying is that you may NOTICE it more on the GT500. It may be the color of the wheels, the airflow around the wheels, etc...it might have nothing to do with the brakes themselves. Besides, I'll bet the swept area of the brakes is much larger on the GT500...does your '04 have 14" rotors?

Dave

BIG PADS = BIG DUST! :finger:

Archived