TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Obama destroying British relations?

Wow, the British press is really upset since Obama dissed Gordon Brown w/ the gift of some DVD's!!!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/...-boyfriend.html

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/first100da...ift-brown-dvds/

Obama has treated the Palestinians with much more respect... What's going on here?

It means nothing. President GW Bush gave Tony Blair a leather bomber jacket...

You're reaching

You missed the point of the entire subject.

OK. What is the point?

I'll give you a hint. Traditionally, the thought put into the gift has extremely significant meaning with respect to diplomatic relations between countries. Gordon Brown and Great Britain were extremely insulted by Obama.

I'll give you a hint. Traditionally, the thought put into the gift has extremely significant meaning with respect to diplomatic relations between countries. Gordon Brown and Great Britain were extremely insulted by Obama.

I don't think Brown was insulted. I think thier press is more Liberal than ours and is making a story where none exists. I've read that the gifts given are more "gag" gifts than "extreme significance".

I could be wrong, Tony Blair was not insulted by the jacket...

You know I'm a conservative, I and think the direction of the country is away from MY ideal, but in this case, I think this is irrelevant. Again, the press trying to point the focus and discussion away from truly important things.

Dan

I don't think Brown was insulted. I think thier press is more Liberal than ours and is making a story where none exists. I've read that the gifts given are more "gag" gifts than "extreme significance".

I could be wrong, Tony Blair was not insulted by the jacket...

You know I'm a conservative, I and think the direction of the country is away from MY ideal, but in this case, I think this is irrelevant. Again, the press trying to point the focus and discussion away from truly important things.

Dan

Dan, Brown was extremely insulted, as was the country of Great Britain. Their press is all over this. These sorts of things are extremely important in the area of diplomatic relations, as silly as they may seem. It starts people thinking negatively, and that becomes hard to turn around. There is really no excuse for this type of error on the Obama administration's part, but Obama keeps making error after error so its not too surprising at this point, but it's still frustrating and embarassing.

That's a scary thought....

Scary, but true - Obama is sending money to Gaza when we can least afford it; his first televised interview upon becoming President was on Arab TV; he want to talk to the Taliban when they are defeating us as he states; he wants to have dialogue with Iran even as they are developing nuclear weapons and calling for the destruction of Israel; and he is making a big deal after sticking to a campaign promise of having a meeting in a Muslim country (Turkey) - all this while our economy is going down the tubes due to his Pork-riddled so-called "Stimulus" plan. No wonder his ratings are starting to head south as well!!

He also gave them DVD's in the NTSC format (Reigon 1) and they use PAL format over there in the UK. They'll have plenty of coasters now in the Brown household.

His handlers now say BarryBoy was too "tired" to give Brown a proper reception.

Archived