TEAM SHELBY FORUM

window scoops or covers

switch

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks great wicked mine are too (window) and silver inside block off, I did mine a little differnet and also waiting on a reply for even more, Later Mickey

121_2124_IMG.JPG

I personally preferred the slotted louvers, which is what I put on my car. Two reasons: 1) I didn't want to have a major blind spot (even these are restrictive) and 2) I preferred a look similar to the '67 fastbacks.

Not the best pic of my car (I'm in the middle of a lawsuit because a dumba** at the dealership put burn marks into my paint) but you can see how they look black-on-black.

~Ayara

post-24511-1236882071_thumb.jpg

I originally thought about getting the outside covers but when I simulated it to see what it was like having theose quarter windows closed off it just cut off alot of light coming into the back of the car and made the cabin feel very closed in like driving in a closet.

So I went with the slotted louvers similar to yours but mine appear to be more rounded in the slot corners so each slot doesn't look so squarish. I also had them finished on the inside louver side as well and had each slot finished on the inside portion of each slot tunnel. Then I had them painted Perormance White like the car.

The reason I had the inside raw surfaces finished is so they would look clean, finished and matched inside and out. Looking out the louver from the inside you don't see any unfinshed raw inside slot surface. I have seen so many folks finish the outside but leave the raw surface on the inside which looks so unprofessional and rushed. No need for any inside blocks.

Anyone know where I can get the covers to block off the inside of the quarter windows?

Edit: Ok..I found these from American Muscle in Brushed Aluminum, but I was kinda hoping to get them in black to match my interior.

http://www.americanmuscle.com/interior-win...overs-0509.html

[/quote

CDC mades the inside covers which are covered in the same black material as the headliner. I have them ad they look like they came from the factory.

Archived