TEAM SHELBY FORUM

4 post lifts (Stacker)

Super Lift Store make good lifts but are in Canada. Just make sure your get a good hydrualic pump system as alot come from China. Mine was made in the U.S & has a 3" piston & is 220 volts but 110 volt work okay. Get aluminum ramps as the steel ones are way too heavy. Most come with a jack tray, 4 dollys & mine came with an oil drain tray. Shop around & compare before you buy. Most only need a 10' ceiling Good Luck

I agree with the non China brands. Would the casters be needed if it's bolted down? Also, what should I expect to pay? I was thing a couple grand.Thanks....

Super Lift Store make good lifts but are in Canada. Just make sure your get a good hydrualic pump system as alot come from China. Mine was made in the U.S & has a 3" piston & is 220 volts but 110 volt work okay. Get aluminum ramps as the steel ones are way too heavy. Most come with a jack tray, 4 dollys & mine came with an oil drain tray. Shop around & compare before you buy. Most only need a 10' ceiling Good Luck

I agree with the non China brands. Would the casters be needed if it's bolted down? Also, what should I expect to pay? I was thing a couple grand.Thanks....

No the casters are not needed if it is bolted down but most come with them . Your looking at just around 2 grand + for a decent unit

Something to keep in mind is your garage door hieght in the open position.

I have 12 foot ceilings but, when my door is open, it is only about 8 feet high. I wanted to install a lift, but the door would hit any vehicle on the lift if it were opened.

fyi, you have to redo the garage door side tracks so they direct up and not 90 degrees which is typical

SVT,

The Revolution looks great and will work (I think) I'll check that one out! TY

Ty

The ceiling in the picture with the black hoist is 10 feet. That hoist had a ~63" rise. I had the garage door raised so the tracks were tight against the ceiling and could get my Ford Focus under the Camaro. The top car always had to be backed in to clear the door opener. I sold the this smaller lift when I had a new garage built with a 12 foot ceiling. But I did get another Revolution 4 poster with ~73 in rise. Rotary, builder of the Revolution lifts, makes great safe products.

Tip: In the new garage the power opener is connected directly to the door's torsion tube. Allowing the door to be mounted even closer to the ceiling.

http://www.liftmaster.com/consumerweb/page...spx?modelId=834

post-22753-1234955401_thumb.jpgpost-22753-1234955353_thumb.jpg

post-22753-1234955353_thumb.jpg

post-22753-1234955401_thumb.jpg

Nice setup. (Nice cars too!)

Ty

The ceiling in the picture with the black hoist is 10 feet. That hoist had a ~63" rise. I had the garage door raised so the tracks were tight against the ceiling and could get my Ford Focus under the Camaro. The top car always had to be backed in to clear the door opener. I sold the this smaller lift when I had a new garage built with a 12 foot ceiling. But I did get another Revolution 4 poster with ~73 in rise. Rotary, builder of the Revolution lifts, makes great safe products.

Tip: In the new garage the power opener is connected directly to the door's torsion tube. Allowing the door to be mounted even closer to the ceiling.

post-22753-1234955401_thumb.jpgpost-22753-1234955353_thumb.jpg

I can't really tell from the pictures- are these units good for working on the cars from the underside, or are they really meant for just storage (i.e. is there good access from below)?

I have the Eagle Equipment 4 post storage lift. (see link) I have had mine for about 3 years.

http://www.eagleequip.com/page/EE/PROD/LI-SS/MS-7000

It is both a storage lift as well as a service lift. IF you do not bolt it down, you can actually move your car on the lift via casters.

It is recommended that where-ever you install a lift, that there is extra concrete in the pad where it will sit.

Mine is not bolted down.

My ceiling is 14ft with the 90 degree roll up doors.

With the lift at full height, I can work on a car underneath with little to no hindrance as well as doing work on the car that is on the lift.

I have been very satisfied with their product.

Ty

Hoist_Pic.jpgGarage_Pic_1.jpg

beautiful garage and collection.....wow!

Archived