TEAM SHELBY FORUM

FED UP"!!

I for one am fed up with our politicans and CEO's. I don't mean in offence to the brothers and sisters in Canada but I have always been a firm believer in buying General Motors products. My Shelby is the first ford I have ever owned and I love it but I believe in the way I was taught God, Family and Country. In that order! We have sit on our fannies and let the politicans and CEO's run our country for way too long. General Motors is now taking the taxpayers money and sending it out of the country to make their 2010 Camaro's. Ridiculous!!! They sure can't say that it is to expensive to retool to keep the jobs here in the states because they are doing it on our backs anyway. I DO NOT like it that my kids and grandkids will have to foot the bill for this. I bought and 06 Tahoe and also an 08 Tahoe I know they make them in Canada as well as Jamesville, Wisconsin. Mine both came from Wisconsin. This ole boy has bought his last two general motors anything. I may have to go to all Mustangs because they are definately made in Michigan. I don't care that they make them in Canada when our people here are not struggling and out of work. We should reunite together and take ole Glory back from the politicans and CEO's of this country. I just had to get this off my chest I am so sick of the way our country is going right now. It seems to get worse each day. I am ready to stand up and defend it and the good people we have.

2008_1227cardads0011.jpg

1001080035a1.jpg

See the tag Las Vegas, Nevada? That is where I am putting my money from now on behind the man and the car!! I WILL HAVE TO GET ONE FOR A DAILY DRIVER ALSO!!!

I was recently told on facebook (by a childhood friend) that I was an idiot for being a huge fan and supporter of the GT 500..

Ultimately, I told him, it doesn't matter what my heritage (South African) is / was. I am now an American (naturalized) and I will support America.

Ford rocks, Shelby GT500 rocks even more!!!!

Support the USA, buy USA products!

Heidi

I've said this before, spending "our" money in Canada is not going to help "our" people in the USA. The workers In Janesville are unemployed right now, and I fail to see how spending our tax dollars in any other country is going to help.

I was recently told on facebook (by a childhood friend) that I was an idiot for being a huge fan and supporter of the GT 500..

Ultimately, I told him, it doesn't matter what my heritage (South African) is / was. I am now an American (naturalized) and I will support America.

Ford rocks, Shelby GT500 rocks even more!!!!

Support the USA, buy USA products!

Heidi

You go girl! :happy feet:

I've said this before, spending "our" money in Canada is not going to help "our" people in the USA. The workers In Janesville are unemployed right now, and I fail to see how spending our tax dollars in any other country is going to help.

Yea, GM is not interested in American Jobs, just the botom line. Unfortunately, they are too short sighted to see they go hand in hand

Sadly......It will take a "Revolution" to solve this mess??????????

You have to wonder, don't you? Just like with the Great Depression, it seems people don't really wake up and see what kind of screwing they've been getting (and doing to themselves) until it is a disastrous state of affairs...

Guest markham51

Hi Bill,

I understand your sentiment. I know your intent is not to pick on Canadians but rather to point out the weakness in US manufacturing and your desire to see a return to better times. I share your sentiments 100pct we in Canada share a similar fate.

I will however like to share my point of view as it relates to both the Canadian view of the world, of America and American car manufacturing specifically.

I am a Canadian who spends 6 months of the year in Canada and 6 months of the year in the US (Wilmington NC). We have done this for the past 9 years. My Daughter and grandkids are US citizens. I personally think of myself as a "man of two countries" and enjoy time and friends in each country equally. I think I play my best golf in Wilmington but my fishing is stronger in Canada I think! :hysterical:

We in Canada have always bought our fair share of "made in the USA" manufactured goods from south of the border. Canada is a country with only about 10pct of the US population so we are accustomed to buying much of our manufactured goods from US factories. The US economies of scale simply made buying products from the US both logical and cost effective. We have sold the US lots of soft wood lumber, iron ore, uranium, nickel, oil and natural gas in the past and we have bought lots of clothes, tractors, planes, cars, washing machines, computers and everything else in return. We bought some of your cars and you bought some of ours. My 4 Mustangs (3 of them GT500s )were all made in Michigan and I think my Sportrac was made in Chicago if my memory serves me correctly.

Over the past 2 decades that "made in the US" label has become a made in China or Malaysia or Mexico label. The US makes far fewer goods now as does Canada and we have to buy them abroad just like you do. We still ship lots of raw materials like gas, oil, lumber etc. to the US and in return we still buy lots of goods American, although you make fewer. We were the first to sign on to the free trade agreement and although the car industry used to have duties applied to cars being imported into Canada to protect our smaller industry it no longer applies as a result of signing the North American free trade agreement in the 80s that was cooked up by the Ronnie and Brian.

As far as cars are concerned, in 2008 Canada built 2,040,000 cars and Canadians bought 1,650,000. We made about 350,000 more than we purchased so we were a net manufacturer. The US made 8,400,000 and bought 13,200,000, a deficit manufacturer of almost 5,000,000. So as you can see the manufacturing imbalance will not be solved by rebalancing Canadian production. Mexico now makes more cars than Canada although they buy half as many and very few from the US. In addition, production in Canada continues to decline and fyi GM is closing one of its remaining pickup production in Canada this year and moving production to the US.

FYI. Canada dumped 4 billion dollars in the laps of GM and Chrysler as it helps to pay for its North American share of the bailout. We are the only ones to step up and did so with little fan fare. The Canadian government has told us there is likely to be more bleeding in the near future and dont expect to get it all back some day. Our contribution to this cause on a "per taxpayer" basis is double what you guys are on the hook for so far.

Overall my point is this, certain countries dont play fair when it comes to trading with America. Those are the ones you should have issue with...I do. I think we in Canada have been and continue to be a responsible and fair trading partner with the US. If you are looking for a starting point, we should start with China who manipulate currencies and bars entry to their markets all the while stealing our technology and military secrets, screwing their people, polluting the environment without care for anyone while our leaders kiss their butts!

Anyway, i had better sign off soon, its Valentines day here in Canada as well (yes Im in Toronto for the week) and I had better spend some time with the wife or Ill soon be in deep trouble.

Mark

I for one am fed up with our politicans and CEO's. I don't mean in offence to the brothers and sisters in Canada but I have always been a firm believer in buying General Motors products. My Shelby is the first ford I have ever owned and I love it but I believe in the way I was taught God, Family and Country. In that order! We have sit on our fannies and let the politicans and CEO's run our country for way too long. General Motors is now taking the taxpayers money and sending it out of the country to make their 2010 Camaro's. Ridiculous!!! They sure can't say that it is to expensive to retool to keep the jobs here in the states because they are doing it on our backs anyway. I DO NOT like it that my kids and grandkids will have to foot the bill for this. I bought and 06 Tahoe and also an 08 Tahoe I know they make them in Canada as well as Jamesville, Wisconsin. Mine both came from Wisconsin. This ole boy has bought his last two general motors anything. I may have to go to all Mustangs because they are definately made in Michigan. I don't care that they make them in Canada when our people here are not struggling and out of work. We should reunite together and take ole Glory back from the politicans and CEO's of this country. I just had to get this off my chest I am so sick of the way our country is going right now. It seems to get worse each day. I am ready to stand up and defend it and the good people we have.

2008_1227cardads0011.jpg

1001080035a1.jpg

See the tag Las Vegas, Nevada? That is where I am putting my money from now on behind the man and the car!! I WILL HAVE TO GET ONE FOR A DAILY DRIVER ALSO!!!

Hi Bill,

I understand your sentiment. I know your intent is not to pick on Canadians but rather to point out the weakness in US manufacturing and your desire to see a return to better times. I share your sentiments 100pct we in Canada share a similar fate.

I will however like to share my point of view as it relates to both the Canadian view of the world, of America and American car manufacturing specifically.

I am a Canadian who spends 6 months of the year in Canada and 6 months of the year in the US (Wilmington NC). We have done this for the past 9 years. My Daughter and grandkids are US citizens. I personally think of myself as a "man of two countries" and enjoy time and friends in each country equally. I think I play my best golf in Wilmington but my fishing is stronger in Canada I think! :hysterical:

We in Canada have always bought our fair share of "made in the USA" manufactured goods from south of the border. Canada is a country with only about 10pct of the US population so we are accustomed to buying much of our manufactured goods from US factories. The US economies of scale simply made buying products from the US both logical and cost effective. We have sold the US lots of soft wood lumber, iron ore, uranium, nickel, oil and natural gas in the past and we have bought lots of clothes, tractors, planes, cars, washing machines, computers and everything else in return. We bought some of your cars and you bought some of ours. My 4 Mustangs (3 of them GT500s )were all made in Michigan and I think my Sportrac was made in Chicago if my memory serves me correctly.

Over the past 2 decades that "made in the US" label has become a made in China or Malaysia or Mexico label. The US makes far fewer goods now as does Canada and we have to buy them abroad just like you do. We still ship lots of raw materials like gas, oil, lumber etc. to the US and in return we still buy lots of goods American, although you make fewer. We were the first to sign on to the free trade agreement and although the car industry used to have duties applied to cars being imported into Canada to protect our smaller industry it no longer applies as a result of signing the North American free trade agreement in the 80s that was cooked up by the Ronnie and Brian.

As far as cars are concerned, in 2008 Canada built 2,040,000 cars and Canadians bought 1,650,000. We made about 350,000 more than we purchased so we were a net manufacturer. The US made 8,400,000 and bought 13,200,000, a deficit manufacturer of almost 5,000,000. So as you can see the manufacturing imbalance will not be solved by rebalancing Canadian production. Mexico now makes more cars than Canada although they buy half as many and very few from the US. In addition, production in Canada continues to decline and fyi GM is closing one of its remaining pickup production in Canada this year and moving production to the US.

FYI. Canada dumped 4 billion dollars in the laps of GM and Chrysler as it helps to pay for its North American share of the bailout. We are the only ones to step up and did so with little fan fare. The Canadian government has told us there is likely to be more bleeding in the near future and dont expect to get it all back some day. Our contribution to this cause on a "per taxpayer" basis is double what you guys are on the hook for so far.

Overall my point is this, certain countries dont play fair when it comes to trading with America. Those are the ones you should have issue with...I do. I think we in Canada have been and continue to be a responsible and fair trading partner with the US. If you are looking for a starting point, we should start with China who manipulate currencies and bars entry to their markets all the while stealing our technology and military secrets, screwing their people, polluting the environment without care for anyone while our leaders kiss their butts!

Anyway, i had better sign off soon, its Valentines day here in Canada as well (yes Im in Toronto for the week) and I had better spend some time with the wife or Ill soon be in deep trouble.

Mark

Mark:

" WELL SAID." Happy Valentines day to you & your wife. Give us call if your going to be passing through Brantford Steve I would love a visit, Steve will even buy lunch.

Hi Bill,

Mark

Mark, I have always seen Canadians as Americans and Americans as Canadians. I dont see good produced in Canada as forein goods. I think we are one people with two governments and boarders

Mark, I have always seen Canadians as Americans and Americans as Canadians. I dont see good produced in Canada as forein goods. I think we are one people with two governments and boarders

Wish I could say the same about Mexico............... :censored:

I feel the same way Tim...And I think that is what Mark was sorta saying...And like Mark I have just as

much family in the US as I have in Canada...Our Countries feed off each other Always did and always will

IMO...my wife works for NuStar energy an American company based in Canada...My son works for

ExxonMobile also in Canada. :shrug:

NOT ONE MORE LOAN, NOT ONE MORE F----ING CENT TO A BANK OR CAR

COMPANY OR ANY SORRY SON OF A BITCH THAT DOES NOT SPEND IT IN THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.

THIS IS BULL S--T. THANK GOD FOR :spend: BARRACK OBAMA :spend: , I'M AM ABSOLUTELY POSITIVE THAT OBAMA

:spend: AND PELOSI :spend: AND REED, :spend: MADE SURE THAT ALL OF THE :spend: 800 BILLION

DOLLARS :spend: WILL BE SPENT IN THE USA. AFTER ALL OBAMA :spend: IS THE NEW, ERA OF POLITICAL

LEADERS. :titanic: :barf: PERFECTION IN LEADERSHIP. WERE :censored: SCREWED.

Guest markham51
Mark:

" WELL SAID." Happy Valentines day to you & your wife. Give us call if your going to be passing through Brantford Steve I would love a visit, Steve will even buy lunch.

Thanks much. We wont be able to get together.... this time around it is mainly business. See you guys in May! Is you ever get near Wilmington NC, let me know. We have extra rooms and lots of things to do there. In March things start to get warm long before they do in Canada.

Regards

Mark

Guest markham51

Thanks Tim. Many of my best buds are Americans. If everyone got along as well as our countries so, just think how good things would be in the world!

Regards

Mark

COMPANY OR ANY SORRY SON OF A BITCH THAT DOES NOT SPEND IT IN THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.

THIS IS BULL S--T. THANK GOD FOR :spend: BARRACK OBAMA :spend: , I'M AM ABSOLUTELY POSITIVE THAT OBAMA

:spend: AND PELOSI :spend: AND REED, :spend: MADE SURE THAT ALL OF THE :spend: 800 BILLION

DOLLARS :spend: WILL BE SPENT IN THE USA. AFTER ALL OBAMA :spend: IS THE NEW, ERA OF POLITICAL

Can you please tell us how you "REALLY FEEL"??????????????? :hysterical:

:salute:

That was great! Way to be part of the problem, rather than solution :happy feet:

Congrats to the last eight years of pillaging, corruption and murder as well!

Boy I wish there was just a fraction of this "Buy American" attitude ten years ago when companies like MOTOROLA began "outsourcing-for-profit"...eliminating American jobs at about a thousand at a time. There was no media coverage, no public outcry, and no stimulus packages. What we got in the end was over two hundred thousand hard working Americans, including myself, leaving Arizona's largest employer. I personally trained my counterparts from china and mexico to relieve me of two wonderful engineering positions.

Now, I will soon be losing yet another wonderful job at HONEYWELL to my counterparts in the Czech Republic, along with another thousand of my hard working friends.

Ironically, President Obama met with Dave Cote, CEO Honeywell, and Greg Brown, CEO Motorola...in an effort to secure American jobs. Meanwhile, these two "American" CEO's continue to ship more and more jobs out of our country! We have lost over 300,000 Arizona jobs from these two companies alone.

Please, just keep this in mind the next time you fly. Flight 1549 that landed on the Hudson River still had power and hydraulics thanks to the Honeywell Auxillary Power Unit that my team builds here in Phoenix, Arizona...for about seven more months. Also, the next time you are in a hospital, the GE Medical MRI that could save your life is now controlled by VME circuit boards currently built by migrant farm workers in mexico.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/contact/

That was great! Way to be part of the problem, rather than solution :happy feet:

Congrats to the last eight years of pillaging, corruption and murder as well!

Have you ever wondered what has happened to people's sense of responsibility and accountability? It has disappeared from our American Society. What caused Millions of people to purchase homes they could not afford when flexible interest rates rose. Are they accountable for poor judgment and decision-making?

Congressional finance committee leaders Barney Frank and Chris Dodd played key roles in encouraging, even forcing, unprofitable lending practices upon Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac and various banking institutions. The public continues to re-elect them. Why ?

United Auto Worker, and all other large Union leaders behave as though it were still the 1950s. They have forced fixed costs upon the Big Three Auto makers and other large defense and private selector contractors, which they cannot afford, contributing significantly to their inability to compete.

Did we learn nothing from the destruction of the steel industry?

Keep ignoring FACTS, and watch millions of more jobs leave the country. UNIONS UNIONS UNIONS, TAX TAX TAX, REGULATIONS, REGULATIONS, ENVIRONMENTALISTS, etc. AND Now Here Comes OBAMA, PELOSI AND REED and Gang. BUSH Blew IT. But to Elect a Socialist/Marxist as a solution. Get serious.

Archived