TEAM SHELBY FORUM

JLT Customer Service

Okay. How many of us have ordered parts from a vendor, and think we are dealing with a "good" company. And then there is a problem, and they do not return your calls, do not respond to emails, or just do not care and you are stuck wasting time and money. You do not really now what kind of vendor you are dealing with until you do have a problem and get to see how they deal with it.

JLT had some items on ebay. I was the high bidder. The parts arrived, and one was damaged in shipping, and I was greatly disappointed. I contacted Jay. He IMMEDIATELY took steps to make it right. The damaged part was picked up at my office (all I needed to do was make it ready for pickup) within days. My payment was promptly refunded. Further, I had planned to keep an undamaged painted part. Jay persuaded me to return that also (they were custom painted) as he explained to me that he could not guarantee an exact match to it if I ordered other items in the future, that I should order any custom paint items as a set, so that I would be happy with what I bought from him.

Needless to say, I was very impressed. The parts I had bought were ebay specials of a cancelled order, and I was dissappointed that I could not get what I wanted at the ebay price. Jay offered me a very fair deal on some brand new custom painted parts made just for me, and I was so pleased with the service and price that I ordered a number of other parts from him as well, spending my car parts budget in one place (I would have orderd even more parts from Jay, but it will have to wait until I have money in my car parts budget again). My new parts arrived promptly, and I am very pleased with them. I installed all the custom painted Shelby stuff last night, and it looks great (pictures to follow). I have one item left to install on my convertible.

Again, you do not get to see the true colors of a vendor when things go right. You see the true colors of a vendor when things go WRONG. The bad guys run and hide at that point. The good guys make it right.

Jay is one of the good guys, so keep that in mind the next time you need to order something.

Bob Knudsen

Wow, Bob, thanks.

This is me, period! This is how I do business.

Funny thing is I have had a bad morning due to a thread on stangmafia about bad service from me. :banghead:

I do everything I can and sometimes lose in the end, but if the customers happy, I'm happy.

When someone who doesn't know me posts crap like that I take it personal, but you made my day!

Thanks and please send me pictures for the web site.

Jay

Jay,

There are just some people that you just can't please no matter what. From what I have read about you and your service in here is that it is THE BEST. I haven't purchased anything from you yet but I know I will based on members satisfaction from you. You take pride in providing great service and products which is very hard to find these days. Keep it up!!!

Thanks,

Steve

Wow, Bob, thanks.

This is me, period! This is how I do business.

Funny thing is I have had a bad morning due to a thread on stangmafia about bad service from me. :banghead:

I do everything I can and sometimes lose in the end, but if the customers happy, I'm happy.

When someone who doesn't know me posts crap like that I take it personal, but you made my day!

Thanks and please send me pictures for the web site.

Jay

Jay, don't let the complaint get to you; I was actually the first to respond, making it clear that I have always enjoyed our talks (just a couple of times on the phone); and everyone over on the mafia site was very complimentary regarding your service and products (well deserved, by the way).......I am sorry to hear that it caused you discomfort, since I had thought from your posts that you had just agreed to disagree with the original poster regarding the email exchange..........John

Jay, don't let the complaint get to you; I was actually the first to respond, making it clear that I have always enjoyed our talks (just a couple of times on the phone); and everyone over on the mafia site was very complimentary regarding your service and products (well deserved, by the way).......I am sorry to hear that it caused you discomfort, since I had thought from your posts that you had just agreed to disagree with the original poster regarding the email exchange..........John

Thanks John, it's all good.

No matter what, this is my business and when stuff like that gets posted I think about it all day and want to correct it ASAP. It eats at me, but thats just because I love this job.

Thanks for the kind words.

Jay

Archived