TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Our Base Terlingua build status...

Blip

:happy feet: Cool, Gary is very quick in getting the interiors done and shipped out. I'll bet TASCA may have other Shelby's nearing completion that SAI is waiting on so they can certify more than one car per trip. Or, perhaps they come out once a month, or something like that. We are very excited for you and hope they get the car out to you soon. :happy feet:

Thanks! :drool:

What I've been told is that the backlogue can reach a dozen or more, mostly SS conversions, but some SGT projects too.

It appears that SAI waits until there's quite a few finished, before sending somebody out to certify the whole bunch.

We're now caught in the waiting group.

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very Nice :happy feet:

Glad to see you got the silver bunnies on the interior. We were told we could not get them. I'm guessing that means silver stitching also? I can't wait to see these seats with those gabber inserts! That will be very unique!

Very Nice :happy feet:

Glad to see you got the silver bunnies on the interior. We were told we could not get them. I'm guessing that means silver stitching also? I can't wait to see these seats with those gabber inserts! That will be very unique!

Thanks all--now if I remember right, think the stitching might also be orange with Rabbit and signature in silver. :headscratch:

TacRunner--hope you someday can get that "Blue Bunny" version too.

Thanks! :drool:

What I've been told is that the backlogue can reach a dozen or more, mostly SS conversions, but some SGT projects too.

It appears that SAI waits until there's quite a few finished, before sending somebody out to certify the whole bunch.

We're now caught in the waiting group.

Yea, Chris (Director of Mod Shop Operations) shows up about once or twice a month at each mod shop to do the dash plaques and engine compartments plaque as well as certify that the car is done. Only SAI in Vegas makes those. It's always been like that.

Yea, Chris (Director of Mod Shop Operations) shows up about once or twice a month at each mod shop to do the dash plaques and engine compartments plaque as well as certify that the car is done. Only SAI in Vegas makes those. It's always been like that.

Yup, aware of that, but it seems the visits out to Tasca only happen every 2-3 months, not once or twice a month.

The are other Shelby projects waiting for their official "blessing" besides our Terlingua.

guess you didn't get the memo, Chris hasn't been with SAI for some time and Gary P has been doing the inspections

• 3 weeks later...
Yup, aware of that, but it seems the visits out to Tasca only happen every 2-3 months, not once or twice a month.

The are other Shelby projects waiting for their official "blessing" besides our Terlingua.

Blip, is it done yet? :lurk:

the new SAI inspector was there yesterday, sounded like everything went well

Thanks for the heads up.

Haven't heard anything "official" yet... :huh: :unsure: :blink:

Thanks for the heads up.

Haven't heard anything "official" yet... :huh: :unsure: :blink:

Blip, you are the most patient person I know. I think Quantum finished my car as quick as they could so I would quit calling and sending emails.

But the end is near and all of your Terlingua buddies are waiting for your first road report to begin the celebration. Wish you were a little closer so we could see it first hand, but I'm sure the day will come............. :beerchug: :party:

Blip, you are the most patient person I know. I think Quantum finished my car as quick as they could so I would quit calling and sending emails.

But the end is near and all of you Terlingua buddies are waiting for your first road report to begin the celebration. Wish you were a little closer so we could see it first hand, but I'm sure the day will come............. :beerchug: :party:

+1 to all Blip - getting her soon, drviving and enjoying and us all getting our Terlinguas together one day soon. :drool: :happy feet:

VB

:happy feet: :drool::shift: The "sleeper" has awaken!!!

It's done and passed the certification, now only 2-3 more weeks to complete some extra work including the Terlingua seat upgrade.

Pending stuff includes a FR front rotor upgrade and performance pads on all 4 corners.

FR CAI kit, TCI Ratchet shifter, GT 500 steering wheel and some interior/exterior trim items.

It's done and passed the certification, now only 2-3 more weeks to complete some extra work including the Terlingua seat upgrade.

Pending stuff includes a FR front rotor upgrade and performance pads on all 4 corners.

FR CAI kit, TCI Ratchet shifter, GT 500 steering wheel and some interior/exterior trim items.

Blip,

What can I say but awesome and roll bunnies!!!!

Happy news indeed.

:happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :shift:

VB

:happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: Cool, COOL, COOL! Finally! That is great news. Your upgrades sound fantastic. I'd like to know that you think of the TCI ratchet shifter as I have an auto tranny too...good news for sure Blip!

Leann

• 4 weeks later...

3wks, has Dennis finished? :lurk:

Thanks all, not a record I was planning to set. :D

Well, as long as it's been on the tree, you'll know it's ripe when it falls off ...

Just hope it's not too ripe and rots on the vine..... :doh::censored:

;) :rolleyes: :yup:

Well, as Halloween comes to an end, no treat for me as still no new info on when 0304 might be finished with the extra work.

Now wondering if I'll even get it before Christmas? :huh: :headscratch:

Well, as Halloween comes to an end, no treat for me as still no new info on when 0304 might be finished with the extra work.

Now wondering if I'll even get it before Christmas? :huh: :headscratch:

You better watch out, you'd better not cry, you better not pout, I'm tellin you why........

Have you been a good boy this year????

Well it’s the start of another month, and now my car has been there 6 months!

Here's the newest twist, while Mod Shop manager was at SEMA, the shop assistant, (and parts ordering guy was let go),

so now they are trying to track down the status of some of the parts I requested back in June and confirmed by email in August.

Things like replacing the outside mirrors seeing as both had suffered parking lot rash during the car's previous life as a program car.

:banghead:

Archived