TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Our Base Terlingua build status...

Blip

Great news! Finally got thru to the Tasca Mod Shop. :yahoo: Car is almost done and now waiting for the official SAI blessing--may be sometime early next month.

Outstanding Blip. The end is finally in sight.................hey they don't want you to be able to claim it took a year!!

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I guess I should be clear and say that I still don't expect to drive it until October.

We have a few add-ons planned for it after all the Terlingua work/SAI certification is completed.

And GT500-07, thanks, (wink-wink, nudge-nudge, bargie-bargie). ^_^ ;) :D

Thanks Astrid--have fun, I can't wait to join in the driving fun.

Got a photo taken a bit ago, before getting it's stripe, (door bumper guards have been removed since then too).

The Razors are my favorite part of this photo.

More photos soon...

dudley005-1.jpg

Thanks all!!! :D

Here's two, front end is looking good, still needs the lower grill.

dudley002-1.jpg

And a peek at the other end with the dual exhaust.

(Okay, I do give up some of the cool factor over the side exit system, but probably have a bit more ground clearance.)

dudley001-1.jpg

Thanks all!!! :D

Here's two, front end is looking good, still needs the lower grill.

dudley002-1.jpg

(Okay, I do give up some of the cool factor over the side exit system, but probably have a bit more ground clearance.)

dudley001-1.jpg

nice to see they keep our GO together :hysterical:

Anybody else here think the smiley, and the front of the car look very much the same???

Yuppers looks like it's smiling.

Then I hope a happy car makes for a happy driver! :D

The ground clearance with the side exhaust can be a real pain. I've done some major scraping.

It looks great either way!!

GREAT NEWS !! The smile on the car is smaller than your's will be driving it . :peelout:

Not so sure about that, it looks pretty big to me! :D

(But kind of an evil grin...)

TRTsmilie.jpg

Looking great,add some magnesium blocks on your side exhaust so at night you sacrifice those and give a show.

Have them on my KZ 1000 Police bike,its a hoot

Doc

Cool idea, but no side exhaust on mine--base package with tailpipes.

New photos, but latest word is it might not get the SAI "blessing" until October.

Now I'm not sure we'll have the "toothless pumpkin" home by Halloween.

Striping and some graphics work ...

dudley101.jpg

It's a bit dusty, but should be all cleaned up for Tasca's show next weekend.

dudley102.jpg

Door guards are removed, but needs some elbow grease polishing work....

dudley106.jpg

Just luv the tail end stripe look...

dudley107.jpg

:happy feet: Great looking Terlingua Blip! And, you got the wheels! Cool beans....why so long for SAI to approve?

Thanks!!!

Best guess is just arranging the travel time for a SAI rep, Tasca will have a lot of completed cars to approve by then. :headscratch::doh:

Yes on the interior too. Gary D is sending a set to Tasca. (Getting set with Grabber Orange inserts--silver bunnies on headrest.)

Should be there in a week or two. Tasca said their installer needs just two days to do the seats.

:happy feet: Cool, Gary is very quick in getting the interiors done and shipped out. I'll bet TASCA may have other Shelby's nearing completion that SAI is waiting on so they can certify more than one car per trip. Or, perhaps they come out once a month, or something like that. We are very excited for you and hope they get the car out to you soon. :happy feet:

:happy feet: Cool, Gary is very quick in getting the interiors done and shipped out. I'll bet TASCA may have other Shelby's nearing completion that SAI is waiting on so they can certify more than one car per trip. Or, perhaps they come out once a month, or something like that. We are very excited for you and hope they get the car out to you soon. :happy feet:

+100 - Roll Bunnies!!!

VB :happy feet:

Archived