TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Our Base Terlingua build status...

Blip

Fantastic! It's home with you...your son must be thrilled! Yes, mine has the sequential tail lights. Please let me know how you like that shifter (I have an automatic too). :happy feet: :party2: :happy feet: :party2: :happy feet: :party2:

Leann

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's Home, but...

I do have a question for other Terlingua owners, my invoice lists having sequential tail lights, but when I checked, they flashed as stock lights.

Do other Terlingua's have working sequential tail lights?

Yea Blip :happy feet: The key here is "It's home". You will love it in the morning and all of the challenges will be behind you...IMHO

The tail lights should be sequential, but I'm sure that can be sorted out easily. Glad the wait is over.

Now we need PICTURES!!!!

Blip,

That is wonderful news link is in the Hutch!

Picutres lots of pictures and a driving report from a winding road please!

I never actually looked to see if our tailights work assume they do...

Guess I will...

I am so happy Link is home!

VB

Congratulations, Blip. Now the Bunny is home.

Yes, there should be sequentials. Well that is the TASCA way. Ha, ha, ha. Let them sent the wiring harness and do the install yourself. I still have to install the lower grille, the new inner fender liners and new TPM bands.

Thanks everyone for following along and providing all the support. And to fill in the blanks on the main driver,

it will now be me, as my son has been moved over to an 04 Infiniti G35 Coupe, after my Saleen was totaled in a crash.

Love the TCI shifter--easy to use and looks great. Interior is a favorite upgrade, glad to have gotten it.

And it works well with the seat heaters--needed them this morning after driving my 12 yr old to middle school.

It was 21 degrees! Should reach 40 on Saturday, so hope to drive it around then, but Sunday is calling for freezing rain/snow mix so it will be tucked away again.

Very glad I got the big Razors and love the sound of the exhaust, not the roar of a V8, nor the buzz of a stock V6,

more like a low growl--very cool sound.

Patrick--All I can say is it is as you predicted. :banghead:

Time to see how Tasca wants to solve the sequential tail light issue, left message early this morning.

Here's a look at the "fun" offload last night.

OffloadSet01.jpg

Photos from the chilly morning wake up today.

11DecSet01.jpg

11DecSet02.jpg

:happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: Wonderful! Great looking addition to the bunny club! I love the exhaust note too! I didn't hear about your car being totaled! Hope your son isn't disappointed after seeing the Bunny in all her glory. But, hey, Dad has a cool car! I like the look of the shifter. Is there any advantage to having this on the track?

Blip, I'm so happy that the car is FINALLY home with you. It was a long wait.

Thanks everyone for following along and providing all the support.

11DecSet02.jpg

Blip we are all glad it's home. We were happy to provide support, but now the interest moves to "tales (or tails) on the road".....and more toons too :happy feet: Hope the weather cooperates and you get some serious seat time soon.

Love the way it looks!!!!

:happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: Wonderful! Great looking addition to the bunny club! I love the exhaust note too! I didn't hear about your car being totaled! Hope your son isn't disappointed after seeing the Bunny in all her glory. But, hey, Dad has a cool car! I like the look of the shifter. Is there any advantage to having this on the track?

Blip, I'm so happy that the car is FINALLY home with you. It was a long wait.

Thanks--my son has big plans for his G35, so he seems to be "surviving" the loss of the Bunny. :D

On the shifter--it is an NHRA appoved ratchet shifter that will prevent you from going

into neutral/reverse unless you pull the release lever up front.

I've seen photos of a Gray one in the Tasca Mod Shop, but don't know anything about it.

See this link for a story on the Tasca shop and check out the photo gallery with the story.

Tasca Mod Shop article

Interesting - Quantum recently did an silver 09 also with black and gray accents instead of yellow. I hope someone is keeping up with all of this!

Thanks--my son has big plans for his G35, so he seems to be "surviving" the loss of the Bunny. :D

On the shifter--it is an NHRA appoved ratchet shifter that will prevent you from going

into neutral/reverse unless you pull the release lever up front.

Got it...sounds like a great addition...

Interesting - Quantum recently did an silver 09 also with black and gray accents instead of yellow. I hope someone is keeping up with all of this!

I think Vorpal has a good handle on this...David? I think we do need to keep up with all of them...not sure how, unless the mod shops and SAI would cooperate...perhaps through the register and Roger?

If they put in the sequentials that Shelby sells, it seems to me one of the five or six modes is "No sequencing".

Maybe they neglected to configure it?

Missed this last night, sounds posssible, how could I check the setup mode?

Is he building the other white one?

All,

This is as always unofficial me giving it my best answer. The other white one is a performance build called Alice the White Rabbit from Quantum. Alice is in the hutch and home as of about a week or so ago and is happily being driven in Lubbock, TX. She is an 06 best I recall.

Mike is the last one I know of and is a black performance build at SAI. Just saw Blip's note about a grey one at Tasca - anyone know any details about this one???

I am keeping Unofficial track of them all and have a good spreadsheet if anyone is interested. Please keep the bunny family details coming my way if you are willing - as we know these rabbits can multiply!

Hope this info is helpful,

VB

Congrats Blip! What a long strange trip its been;Mikes car has got to be black;in our family we only roll with black rides.

My black vert is in LA in storage waiting for the bash;Driving our Hertz and looking forward to January

Doc Scott and Rebel

Missed this last night, sounds posssible, how could I check the setup mode?

I finally found a copy of the installation instructions for the Drake "Adjustable Sequential Tail Light Harness". I was mistaken about one option being No Sequencing. Unless they changed specifications since publishing the instructions, none of the possible sequences A - H results in standard brake light behavior.

There is a tiny PC board in each loom, with a three-switch DIP.

Looks as if what they neglected to do was install sequential lights on your car ...

I finally found a copy of the installation instructions for the Drake "Adjustable Sequential Tail Light Harness". I was mistaken about one option being No Sequencing. Unless they changed specifications since publishing the instructions, none of the possible sequences A - H results in standard brake light behavior.

There is a tiny PC board in each loom, with a three-switch DIP.

Looks as if what they neglected to do was install sequential lights on your car ...

Thanks, and yes they forgot to install it. Stranger yet is that it passed the SAI inspection and got all the Terlingua stickers without the sequentials.

Tasca is asking SAI to send a replacement. Hope the install is easy seeing as I now will have to do it myself, even though I've been charged for it. :headscratch::banghead:

Bottom line is even without them, I'm having a great time driving it whenever I can! :happy feet:

Thanks, and yes they forgot to install it. Stranger yet is that it passed the SAI inspection and got all the Terlingua stickers without the sequentials.

Tasca is asking SAI to send a replacement. Hope the install is easy seeing as I now will have to do it myself, even though I've been charged for it. :headscratch::banghead:

Bottom line is even without them, I'm having a great time driving it whenever I can! :happy feet:

If it's the plug n play edition, then you should have no problem. So how does the car feel compared to before the transformation?

Cool Blip! I think you can see the install instructions on line. I don't believe it's very hard to do. How do you like the bunny?

Thanks, hoping it's a simple swap in change.

check6 & Matts--Now for the driving, the only thing missing is More POWER!!! (Hope to take care of that this Spring.)

The 8.8 rear with the 3.73 gears sure makes a different in the driveway burnout department, and the Ford Racing CAI

adds a nice little bit of help under the hood--sure think SAI should go back to including that in the Base build.

Stopping power seems good so far with the Ford Racing GT rotor upgrade on the front and better pads all around.

Still think the favorite part is the seats. Don't know how much of the padding is change, but the seats feel even more snug than

the custom ones in my old Saleen Heritage. Also, the TCI Ratchet shifter is a lot of fun too.

So after typing this, I want to go driving again, we must need something from the store. :shift: :happy feet:

Archived