TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Our Base Terlingua build status...

Blip

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Leann--My build also originally was equiped with the same 18" black spoke Shelby GT wheels, but I could only upgrade to 20" Razors.

Totally agree that each build seems to be just a little bit unique for each owner and very cool in any form.

Just feel sorry for any registry trying to keep all the data straight 15 years from now. (lol)

And I think some of the photos taken of the Orange Prototype at the first Terlingua Event, last year, show it looking different from those original gallery photos.

Found this photo with it wearing Razors (can't tell if it's 18" or 20") and it looks like no side exhaust...

Terlingua2008006.jpg

Sorry to be a little off topic

That might be a different GO car entirely. It has a yellow bunny and the lower stripe looks different. I also found it here

post-17244-1259694227_thumb.jpg

and it appears to be a performance package

post-17244-1259694243_thumb.jpg

And then I ran across this yellow one. It has a gray bunny on the hood. Sharon’s has the yellow bunny.

post-17244-1259694255_thumb.jpg

Very interesting. They are popping up everywhere - but no 2 are alike!

Oh wait, remember the story at the museum that Carroll Shelby just repaints the cars to make it look like he has more than one? Maybe that's what is going on here? :hysterical::hysterical:

post-17244-1259694227_thumb.jpg

post-17244-1259694243_thumb.jpg

post-17244-1259694255_thumb.jpg

Leann--My build also originally was equiped with the same 18" black spoke Shelby GT wheels, but I could only upgrade to 20" Razors.

Totally agree that each build seems to be just a little bit unique for each owner and very cool in any form.

SAI would not let me upgrade to the 20" Razors, unless I upgraded the whole car to the HP version

Just feel sorry for any registry trying to keep all the data straight 15 years from now. (lol)

I totally agree :hysterical: It will be a mess

And I think some of the photos taken of the Orange Prototype at the first Terlingua Event, last year, show it looking different from those original gallery photos.

Found this photo with it wearing Razors (can't tell if it's 18" or 20") and it looks like no side exhaust...

I think they used it as a test mule and updated it and made changes along the way...just a guess (with info from an insider lol

Leann

Very interesting. They are popping up everywhere - but no 2 are alike!

Oh wait, remember the story at the museum that Carroll Shelby just repaints the cars to make it look like he has more than one? Maybe that's what is going on here? :hysterical::hysterical:

:hysterical: That's got to be the real answer... :hysterical:

The orange prototype has definitely been used as a test mule for various parts and the hood logo has changed at least once.

Sharon's hood logo also was changed from the yellow to the silver (just after the '08 Terlingua event, I think..... :headscratch: ) She mentioned this in one of the threads here somewhere......

Blip, glad the wait is finally almost over. Your son will certainly have fun next semester driving to school :shift:

Leann--How very interesting about the Razors. I had first asked to upgrade to 18" Razors, but SAI said I had to get 20" wheels. :headscratch:

Yup, looks like each of our Terlinguas will be just a bit unique. :D (Hope somebody is takin' good notes.)

And that Orange prototype seems to have a wild history so far.

(Frank--thanks for the rear end photo.)

Perhaps this September, 2008 photo will shed some early-morning light on the matter?

post-19142-1259700010_thumb.jpg

Take a good look at this photo because La Jitas has sodded and landscaped this area;its a shame;the old west look was kind of lost

Looks more like a resort

Doc Scott

Take a good look at this photo because La Jitas has sodded and landscaped this area;its a shame;the old west look was kind of lost

Looks more like a resort

Doc Scott

I was saddened by this when we met earlier this year, that it no longer looked like the "Old West".

I don't know if they are continuing the landscaping around the corner by the theater or not, but that would be a horrible shame if they did.

Jeff - :banghead:

I can't believe I can finally make this post, this thread has just about reached its end...

....everything has been finalized (all work finished and paid in full), and now just waiting for shipping date. :D :lol:

:yahoo::banvictory: :beerchug: :elefant:

I can't believe I can finally make this post, this thread has just about reached its end...

....everything has been finalized (all work finished and paid in full), and now just waiting for shipping date.

Yeah, right. Believe it when I see it.

Just found out tonight that there's this truck out there....

(Well, you probably can guess the rest--stupid New England snow storm.)

:happy feet: Great news Blip! We all hope for a quick, but safe, delivery of your Terlingua bunny!

Leann

:happy feet: Great news Blip! We all hope for a quick, but safe, delivery of your Terlingua bunny!

Leann

Great news Blip! We all hope for a quick, but safe, delivery of your Terlingua bunny!

What can we say but plus 100,0000,000 - lots of pictures Blip - we want lots of pictures!

VB

Tick-tock, tick-tock, tick tock...

Can't the stupid clock move any faster.

I feel just like a kid back in school, clock watching until the end of classes to start the Christmas break.

(Still no call yet from the driver.)

Tick-tock, tick-tock, tick tock...

Can't the stupid clock move any faster.

I feel just like a kid back in school, clock watching until the end of classes to start the Christmas break.

I feel that way every time when I'm at work.

Good luck I hope you get her soon.

:angry22::censored::redcard::banghead:

AAArrrruuuuuugggggghhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

Semi is now stuck at the weight scales about 30 miles from my house, due to a crack in a brake line.

They must get it repaired first before moving, so the wait just got a bit LONGER!!!!

(Last call had them being here an hour ago.)

Semi is now stuck at the weight scales about 30 miles from my house, due to a crack in a brake line.

They must get it repaired first before moving, so the wait just got a bit LONGER!!!!

dang! Well, they always say it's darkest just before the dawn :lurk:

The longer the wait the better it will be????????? 30 miles is not far......... you might even collect it overthere. :dance::cry:

be patient!!!

It's Home, but...

...it took 2 hours for the offload!!!

I am starting to believe that "Link" the car, is cursed. Back car on the trailer was an old Morris Minor convertible

which promptly dropped it's front wheels off the ramps as it was backed out. Driver said this was the first time in 29 years he has had that happen. Had to use the second level lift, holding a Ferrari, to raise the Morris back on the ramps. It is well after sunset and the temperature has dropped below 30 degrees now, so I've decided to wait for morning to give it a good drive.

Car looks great and love the interior upgrade. TCI shifter is a breeze to use.

I do have a question for other Terlingua owners, my invoice lists having sequential tail lights, but when I checked, they flashed as stock lights.

Do other Terlingua's have working sequential tail lights?

Remember this?

Posted 13 February 2009 - 03:48 AM

Thanks guys! :D

Ken--Their best guess so far is just a couple of weeks, depends on how much work is required of they body shop to fit/paint the body parts.

Suspension and exhaust changes should just be bolt-on work.

Rick--we'll see, but with my car, nothing starts until they have all the parts, so it could take longer than I hope to even begin the project.

A little perspective, eh?

If they put in the sequentials that Shelby sells, it seems to me one of the five or six modes is "No sequencing". Maybe they neglected to configure it?

Archived