TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Our Base Terlingua build status...

Blip

Well it’s the start of another month, and now my car has been there 6 months!

Here's the newest twist, while Mod Shop manager was at SEMA, the shop assistant, (and parts ordering guy was let go),

so now they are trying to track down the status of some of the parts I requested back in June and confirmed by email in August.

Things like replacing the outside mirrors seeing as both had suffered parking lot rash during the car's previous life as a program car.

:banghead:

sorry to hear this Blip

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Blip;

I really hope this saga ends soon,a few delays ok;but this is out of hand,I would be hard pressed to be as nice as you! When you go to pick it up it better be 100%.don't take it with the promise of fixing it a bit later.

I'd be there to look the car over now to confirm its as ordered.

My fingers are crossed for you

Doc Scott

Thanks, and wish I could be there to get it, but because of family schedule (wife's work load and kids activities) during holidays, will just have it shipped back to Maryland.

I do hope to have a friend, who is a car collector, give it a good inspection before it leaves theTasca's shop.

Now for some good news....

Over the weekend, we did add another Terlingua to our family, however...

...it was a Grabber Orange 1/64th car for my son's collection.

TRT64thSet.jpg

very cool diecast collection!

Doc

Thanks--that's just a tiny part of the collection in his bedroom.

And now, to continue my build saga....

In a Mod Shop in a far, far away galaxy…

(Opps--wrong six-part story.)

Well it seems that the parts guy, who was let go, forgot to order the custom Grabber Orange trimmed Shelby wheel.

Gary Disney is going to rush one to Tasca.

After that is installed, it may just really be finished...

...so all of this -> :headscratch::doh::angry22::rant2:

....will change to this -> :happy feet: :yahoo::banvictory::rockon::drool: :beerchug: :cheerleader::victory: :party2: :woohoo::dreamy:

Thanks to all my Bunny Buddies!!!

Now reality is starting to set in and I probably still won't see the car until December. We plan on leaving for the Thanksgiving break next Friday,

unless my son''s football team wins their semi-final playoff game tomorrow night--then we get to play in the Championship game sometime next weekend (I get to use "we" as I'm one of the assistant coaches).

We don't return until December 2nd so I must make sure the car is not shipped/delivered before we get back home.

Thanks to all my Bunny Buddies!!!

Now reality is starting to set in and I probably still won't see the car until December. We plan on leaving for the Thanksgiving break next Friday,

unless my son''s football team wins their semi-final playoff game tomorrow night--then we get to play in the Championship game sometime next weekend (I get to use "we" as I'm one of the assistant coaches).

We don't return until December 2nd so I must make sure the car is not shipped/delivered before we get back home.

Blip,

Pictures, lots of pictures when she arrives!

It is worth the wait and we are all soooo pulling for you to have her soon.

VB

Thanks--that's just a tiny part of the collection in his bedroom.

And now, to continue my build saga....

In a Mod Shop in a far, far away galaxy…

(Opps--wrong six-part story.)

Well it seems that the parts guy, who was let go, forgot to order the custom Grabber Orange trimmed Shelby wheel.

Gary Disney is going to rush one to Tasca.

After that is installed, it may just really be finished...

...so all of this -> :headscratch::doh::angry22::rant2:

....will change to this -> :happy feet: :yahoo::banvictory::rockon::drool: :beerchug: :cheerleader::victory: :party2: :woohoo::dreamy:

I hope you will get your Terlingua soon, waiting for so long is nerve breaking. I am glad Patrick did the waiting for my car while I didn't know about the existence of it.

• 2 weeks later...

On vacation, 1100 miles from home, using "crappy" wireless card connection--got some new photos of my car taken yesterday.

It's almost done--still missing lower grille insert and custom steering wheel.

I'll explain more next week when we get back home, but for now I'm wearing a big smile.

Now this was very interesting one....

...looks like my TRT number changed!

IMG_1073.jpg

IMG_1061.jpg

IMG_1062.jpg

(I got to change those floor matts.)

IMG_1070.jpg

On vacation, 1100 miles from home, using "crappy" wireless card connection--got some new photos of my car taken yesterday.

I'll explain more next week when we get back home, but for now I'm wearing a big smile.

IMG_1073.jpg

IMG_1061.jpg

IMG_1062.jpg

IMG_1070.jpg

Looks Great!!! :shift::shift::shift: :happy feet:

VB

Nice ride!!! So you have the option to go with rear exit exhaust instead of the side one?

No, there is no option where you can have one or the other...the Terlingua package was changed by SAI to add the side exhaust to all Terlinguas instead of just the HP optioned cars. Blip's car has just been in production so long (sorry Blip) that his car had the early rear exhaust already installed before SAI changed the Terlingua specs...

IMG_1073.jpg

IMG_1061.jpg

IMG_1062.jpg

IMG_1070.jpg

Very Nice TRT

Thanks all, and now back home after T-day road trip vacation.

Looks like it will be finished today when the lower grille insert is installed, however I'm not getting the custom GT500 wheel--that's another long story.

Working on the shipping and hope to have it home next week.

:happy feet: :drool::shift:

And check6 is right about the rear exhaust set-up. I think there maybe just two Base Terlinguas built that way, our Orange one and the early White one from Quantum that also has the initial "Pony Package" front end. (Somebody please correct me if I've gotten that wrong.)

Makes for a couple of odd-ball Terlingua builds.

(There's also the Orange factory Base prototype one too--can't remember if that's been changed to side exhaust.)

:happy feet: That's great news Blip! To bad about the wheel. You are right, as far as I remember, about the two early base Terlinguas. Not sure about SAI's early car, but I think they changed it. Mine if different also in that they did not put the 18" Razors on, but rather 18" GT-H black billets. I think every car is a bit unique in its own way. Just makes them that much cooler!

Leann

Yep, that is what the base car was supposed to look like, but none other than the prototype shown in those photos were built that way. We also think, that the car shown was later updated to a high pro model....that is the rumor anyway :hysterical:

Leann--My build also originally was equiped with the same 18" black spoke Shelby GT wheels, but I could only upgrade to 20" Razors.

Totally agree that each build seems to be just a little bit unique for each owner and very cool in any form.

Just feel sorry for any registry trying to keep all the data straight 15 years from now. (lol)

And I think some of the photos taken of the Orange Prototype at the first Terlingua Event, last year, show it looking different from those original gallery photos.

Found this photo with it wearing Razors (can't tell if it's 18" or 20") and it looks like no side exhaust...

Terlingua2008006.jpg

Archived