TEAM SHELBY FORUM

I am Running for President

I have decided to RUN FOR PRESIDENT. My platform will be Education, Limiting Government Spending, Ending PORK, Limiting Campaign Contributions, just to name a few. Since I hardly sleep at night, I will work on explaining my Platform and post it hear. Once that happens, I will encourage anyone to ask Questions (please be serious) and I will work on answering them. My Campaign Slogan will be "SUPERCHARGING GOVERNMENT FOR BETER PERFORMANCE".

David T. Hawkins

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have decided to RUN FOR PRESIDENT. My platform will be Education, Limiting Government Spending, Ending PORK, Limiting Campaign Contributions, just to name a few. Since I hardly sleep at night, I will work on explaining my Platform and post it hear. Once that happens, I will encourage anyone to ask Questions (please be serious) and I will work on answering them. My Campaign Slogan will be "SUPERCHARGING GOVERNMENT FOR BETER PERFORMANCE".

David T. Hawkins

I'm just down in Orlando. Can I be part of the administration? I could use the pension plan.

David T. Hawkins

Everything you say can and will be held against you regardless of it you actually said it or not!

David T. Hawkins

Candidate to be Hawkins,

Would you be in favor of placing a condition, on any company's that are receiving bailout money, that would require them to spend that money here in the United States, and not be able to send it out of the country for any of their foreign investments.

Thanks

STL

Candidate to be Hawkins,

Would you be in favor of placing a condition, on any company's that are receiving bailout money, that would require them to spend that money here in the United States, and not be able to send it out of the country for any of their foreign investments.

Thanks

STL

TOTALLY YES

I hope you can answer questions better than the current one - I'm listening to him speak at a news conference right now and its incredible how long he can ramble on without saying anything!!

"SUPERCHARGING GOVERNMENT FOR BETER PERFORMANCE"

Education:

Education is one of the most important topics that should be fixed at all costs. The Kids are the future. Without a good Education, the future eventually dies. We need to build more Elementary, Middle and High Schools. We need smaller Class Sizes, we need more qualified Teachers. We need to stop the “F Cat” Tests and concentrate on teaching the Kids. We need to put Discipline and the Pledge of Allegiance back in School. School Vouchers will end. The Government will not pay to send a Child to another School. To help with the rising costs of Education, we will charge the Parents $100.00 a Year for each Child enrolled in a Public School.

Limiting Government Spending:

Government Spending is running rampant and we can’t afford it. There will no longer be PORK added to any Bill. Each Bill to be voted on will be for a single item, if it does not have to do with what the Bill is about, it will not be allowed on that Bill. The salaries of all House & Senate Members will be no more then $75,000.00 a Year and Staff Members will be no more then $50,000.00. The Government will only pay for Government Personal only for Government Business only. Any Government Personal violating this policy will be fined three times the Value of what was spent.

Limiting Campaign Contributions:

Anyone running for an Elected Office will only be allowed to receive contributions from Individuals 18 Years of Age or Older who are US Citizens in an amount no more then $1,000.00. A form must be filled out that has the contributors Name, Address, Phone Number, Date of Birth and Social Security Number. American owned Corporations and Organizations will be allowed to Donate up to $2,000.00 but must be able to prove that they are an American Owned Company or Organization. Any person running for Office caught accepting contributions form Non-US Citizens or Non-US Owned Companies or Organizations will be fined $10,000.00 per Contribution.

Limiting Purchase of Real Estate in the USA:

No Non-US Citizen, Company, Organization will be allowed to purchase Real Estate in the United States.

Jobs and Fair Trade:

Any US Company sending Jobs or Work to another Company outside the USA, will have to pay an Export Fee per Job even if they Own the Company they are sending it to. Any Country Importing into the USA must pay Import Fees and allow us to Export to their Country with out paying a higher Import Fee. Any Country not allowing the USA to Import to their Country, will not be allowed to Import into the USA. Countries found Exporting Tainted/Defected Goods into the USA must Recall all Items, paying Retail Sold Prices if the item was sold, or face Suspension of Importing and a Huge Fine before Importing can be reinstated.

Government Funding:

Companies receiving Government Funding, will not be allowed to Pay Bonuses to any Employee Valued greater then $10,000.00 a Year. Executives (White Collar Jobs) will not be allowed to earn more then $200,000.00 a Year which include incentives and Bonuses.

Military:

Any Country wanting the help of our Military, will Pay for our Help. If we have to go to War to help another Country, we will not use US Money to rebuild.

Illegal Aliens:

Any Companies or House Holds hiring any Illegal Aliens will be fined $5,000.00 per Person. Illegal Aliens will not receive any Funds or Benefits from the US Government including but not limited to a Drivers License, Social Security, Wel Fare, Medicare, Food Stamps, etc.

Guns:

This may upset some people so please think about it. Anyone with a Felony Record will not be allowed to own a Gun (pistol, Rifle or Shotgun). If you are have 4 or More Misdemeanors, you will not be allowed to own a Gun. All Automatic Weapons, Machine Guns and High Powered Rifles will be outlawed for Public Ownership and are to be used for Military and Law Enforcement only. You must pass a Gun Safety Course before you can buy any Gun. All Guns will be required to have Titles like Automobiles do and must be registered Yearly like Automobiles. Only US Citizens will be allowed to own a Gun in the USA. You will not need a special License to carry a Gun in your Vehicle as long as it takes Thee Steps to get to it. You must take a special Gun Course and purchase a special License after passing the Course to be able to Carry a Gun on your Person. You will be allowed to own up to 3 Pistols, 3 Shotguns and 3 Rifles. You will be allowed to collect Antique Guns with a special Permit as long as they are kept locked up or if they are mounted.

Shrinking Government:

We do not need this many Senators or Congressmen. Maryland, Rhode Island, Delaware, Connecticut, Vermont, New Hampshire and New Jersey will only have One Senator and One Congressman, California and Texas will have just 3 Senators and Congressmen and all other States will have just 2 Senators and Congressmen. Senators and Congressmen can NOT run or announce that they will run for different Office until they have finished their Term in their current Office. Only US Citizens will be allowed to VOTE in US Elections.

Other Items of Interest:

English will be the Mandatory Spoken Language in the US. Anyone wishing to Live in the US more the 3 Months Must learn how to speak and understand English. Anyone, including those already incarcerated, charged just with Possession of Drug Paraphernalia and/or Possession of Drugs for Personal Use will be Given a $500.00 Fine and Released. Anyone caught aiding a person from Law Enforcement Officers (helping to Hide or Escape) will be charged with “Accessory After The Fact” to the same Crimes the Person they are helping is being charged with.

Guns:

This may upset some people so please think about it. Anyone with a Felony Record will not be allowed to own a Gun (pistol, Rifle or Shotgun). If you are have 4 or More Misdemeanors, you will not be allowed to own a Gun. All Automatic Weapons, Machine Guns and High Powered Rifles will be outlawed for Public Ownership and are to be used for Military and Law Enforcement only. You must pass a Gun Safety Course before you can buy any Gun. All Guns will be required to have Titles like Automobiles do and must be registered Yearly like Automobiles. Only US Citizens will be allowed to own a Gun in the USA. You will not need a special License to carry a Gun in your Vehicle as long as it takes Thee Steps to get to it. You must take a special Gun Course and purchase a special License after passing the Course to be able to Carry a Gun on your Person. You will be allowed to own up to 3 Pistols, 3 Shotguns and 3 Rifles. You will be allowed to collect Antique Guns with a special Permit as long as they are kept locked up or if they are mounted.

You had me won over until this one. Thanks for giving an honest reply, and not just what you thought i might have wanted to hear. I respect that.

STL

Edited: I don't disagree with all of it.

"SUPERCHARGING GOVERNMENT FOR BETER PERFORMANCE"

Education:

Education is one of the most important topics that should be fixed at all costs. The Kids are the future. Without a good Education, the future eventually dies. We need to build more Elementary, Middle and High Schools. We need smaller Class Sizes, we need more qualified Teachers. We need to stop the “F Cat” Tests and concentrate on teaching the Kids. We need to put Discipline and the Pledge of Allegiance back in School. School Vouchers will end. The Government will not pay to send a Child to another School. To help with the rising costs of Education, we will charge the Parents $100.00 a Year for each Child enrolled in a Public School.

Limiting Government Spending:

Government Spending is running rampant and we can’t afford it. There will no longer be PORK added to any Bill. Each Bill to be voted on will be for a single item, if it does not have to do with what the Bill is about, it will not be allowed on that Bill. The salaries of all House & Senate Members will be no more then $75,000.00 a Year and Staff Members will be no more then $50,000.00. The Government will only pay for Government Personal only for Government Business only. Any Government Personal violating this policy will be fined three times the Value of what was spent.

Limiting Campaign Contributions:

Anyone running for an Elected Office will only be allowed to receive contributions from Individuals 18 Years of Age or Older who are US Citizens in an amount no more then $1,000.00. A form must be filled out that has the contributors Name, Address, Phone Number, Date of Birth and Social Security Number. American owned Corporations and Organizations will be allowed to Donate up to $2,000.00 but must be able to prove that they are an American Owned Company or Organization. Any person running for Office caught accepting contributions form Non-US Citizens or Non-US Owned Companies or Organizations will be fined $10,000.00 per Contribution.

Limiting Purchase of Real Estate in the USA:

No Non-US Citizen, Company, Organization will be allowed to purchase Real Estate in the United States.

Jobs and Fair Trade:

Any US Company sending Jobs or Work to another Company outside the USA, will have to pay an Export Fee per Job even if they Own the Company they are sending it to. Any Country Importing into the USA must pay Import Fees and allow us to Export to their Country with out paying a higher Import Fee. Any Country not allowing the USA to Import to their Country, will not be allowed to Import into the USA. Countries found Exporting Tainted/Defected Goods into the USA must Recall all Items, paying Retail Sold Prices if the item was sold, or face Suspension of Importing and a Huge Fine before Importing can be reinstated.

Government Funding:

Companies receiving Government Funding, will not be allowed to Pay Bonuses to any Employee Valued greater then $10,000.00 a Year. Executives (White Collar Jobs) will not be allowed to earn more then $200,000.00 a Year which include incentives and Bonuses.

Military:

Any Country wanting the help of our Military, will Pay for our Help. If we have to go to War to help another Country, we will not use US Money to rebuild.

Illegal Aliens:

Any Companies or House Holds hiring any Illegal Aliens will be fined $5,000.00 per Person. Illegal Aliens will not receive any Funds or Benefits from the US Government including but not limited to a Drivers License, Social Security, Wel Fare, Medicare, Food Stamps, etc.

Guns:

Shrinking Government:

We do not need this many Senators or Congressmen. Maryland, Rhode Island, Delaware, Connecticut, Vermont, New Hampshire and New Jersey will only have One Senator and One Congressman, California and Texas will have just 3 Senators and Congressmen and all other States will have just 2 Senators and Congressmen. Senators and Congressmen can NOT run or announce that they will run for different Office until they have finished their Term in their current Office. Only US Citizens will be allowed to VOTE in US Elections.

Other Items of Interest:

English will be the Mandatory Spoken Language in the US. Anyone wishing to Live in the US more the 3 Months Must learn how to speak and understand English. Anyone, including those already incarcerated, charged just with Possession of Drug Paraphernalia and/or Possession of Drugs for Personal Use will be Given a $500.00 Fine and Released. Anyone caught aiding a person from Law Enforcement Officers (helping to Hide or Escape) will be charged with “Accessory After The Fact” to the same Crimes the Person they are helping is being charged with.

I skipped down to the gun section and have to ask what is your rationale? First, all machine guns are already illegal unless you own a Federal Tax Stamp. I have no problems banning firearms from convicted felons. If you outlaw all high powered rifles you have eliminated deer hunting and bear. What is the rationale for banning the high powered rifles. First you need to have statistics to back your rationale. The crime rate has been dropping since 1991, so what is the justification for making semi auto and high powered rifles illegal? Why able to possess only 3 of each? Why not 2 or 4?

Sorry, but you just lost my vote because you do not have a rational plan, IMO. Maybe you could compare the second amendment to the first amendment and you could only own 3 books, 3 movies, etc. Again, what is the rationale for your plan. Since there are more guns in this country than in the history of the country and the crime rate is going down.....how do you justify your making people felons because they own more than you consider reasonable.

Take it to the next step. All cars can only have 200 HP. You don't need more. So you decide that Shelbys, corvettes, camaros, etc waste gas and pollute the air. So you make them illegal.

And I had such high hopes for an independent.

I found most of those ideas to be what I would consider good answers for me, until I got to the gun part. Otherwise not bad. Also you did not mention abortion. If your gonna run for president it all needs to come out

Chris

I found most of those ideas to be what I would consider good answers for me, until I got to the gun part. Otherwise not bad. Also you did not mention abortion. If your gonna run for president it all needs to come out

Chris

+1

Guns:

You had me pulling for you until "You will be allowed to own up to 3 Pistols, 3 Shotguns and 3 Rifles. "

I guess I'm already an outlaw

That's Ridiculous :rant2: I don't even know how you can defend that position

Taxes & Fees:

A Flat Tax will be implemented for Federal Taxes.

Extra Federal Fees will be added to these items:

10% Tax on Alcohol

10% Tobacco Products

$20.00 added to all on all Guns

$3.00 to $10.00 added to all Boxes of Ammo (depending on size)

$10.00 added to all Drivers Licenses

$10.00 added to all Business Licenses

$10.00 added to all Motor Vehicle Tags

$15.00 added to all Motor Vehicle Registrations

$10.00 added to all Motorcycle Tags

$15.00 added to all Motorcycle Registrations

$15.00 added to all Boat Registrations

$10.00 added to all Boat Trailer Tags

$10.00 added to all Hauling Trailer Tags

$10.00 added to all Camper Tags

$10.00 added to all Motor Home Tags

$5.00 added to all Cell Phones

$100.00 added to all Motor Vehicle Sales (Dealers)

$100.00 added to all Motorcycle Sales (Dealers)

I am sure that I more Items will be added.

The Money’s collected here will be used for items such as National Disasters, Bridge & Dam Repairs to name a few.

I skipped down to the gun section and have to ask what is your rationale? First, all machine guns are already illegal unless you own a Federal Tax Stamp. I have no problems banning firearms from convicted felons. If you outlaw all high powered rifles you have eliminated deer hunting and bear. What is the rationale for banning the high powered rifles. First you need to have statistics to back your rationale. The crime rate has been dropping since 1991, so what is the justification for making semi auto and high powered rifles illegal? Why able to possess only 3 of each? Why not 2 or 4?

Sorry, but you just lost my vote because you do not have a rational plan, IMO. Maybe you could compare the second amendment to the first amendment and you could only own 3 books, 3 movies, etc. Again, what is the rationale for your plan. Since there are more guns in this country than in the history of the country and the crime rate is going down.....how do you justify your making people felons because they own more than you consider reasonable.

Take it to the next step. All cars can only have 200 HP. You don't need more. So you decide that Shelbys, corvettes, camaros, etc waste gas and pollute the air. So you make them illegal.

And I had such high hopes for an independent.

OK:

I never said anything about Semi-Auto Guns.

Why on earth would you need to own more Guns then what I listed?

High Powered Rifles are for Snipers, why would you need a High Powered Rifle for Hunting when Regular Rifles will do?

Chris

This is a very hard Topic but, I will be Honest here to:

My personal belief is, I Love Kids and would love to have Kids and personally do not like Abortions. BUT, with that said........ it should remain legal if the Pregnancy is from an act of Rape or if it is a Heath Issue for the Mother and until we can fix the Adoption and the Fostercare System. The Father (of Consensual Sex) should have Rights as well, after all, the Mother took a Chance of having unprotected Sex just like the Father did.

I have read many times about what it takes to Adopt a Child. I personally feel that since each State Governments have hundreds of Attorneys on staff, People wishing to Adopt a Child 20 Months or Older should be able to do so for FREE after passing an Extensive FBI Check. If they Adopt and are later charged & convicted of Child Abuse, the Punishment should be more severe.

This is a very hard Topic but, I will be Honest here to:

My personal belief is, I Love Kids and would love to have Kids and personally do not like Abortions. BUT, with that said........ it should remain legal if the Pregnancy is from an act of Rape or if it is a Heath Issue for the Mother and until we can fix the Adoption and the Fostercare System. The Father (of Consensual Sex) should have Rights as well, after all, the Mother took a Chance of having unprotected Sex just like the Father did.

I have read many times about what it takes to Adopt a Child. I personally feel that since each State Governments have hundreds of Attorneys on staff, People wishing to Adopt a Child 20 Months or Older should be able to do so for FREE after passing an Extensive FBI Check. If they Adopt and are later charged & convicted of Child Abuse, the Punishment should be more severe.

Thanx, now if we can just work on the gun thing I think you are a shoe in.

Chris

OK:

I never said anything about Semi-Auto Guns.

Why on earth would you need to own more Guns then what I listed?

High Powered Rifles are for Snipers, why would you need a High Powered Rifle for Hunting when Regular Rifles will do?

Different calibers and different rifles for different situations. You don't use a 22 to hunt a moose. And you don't take a target rifle out on a hunt. how many tools do you have in your tool box? do you use a pair of vise grips for every job you need to do? :confused:

It's apparent that you don't know enough about the topic. Go hunt some small white tail in Texas and then go hunt an elk in Colorado. Two different tools are used.

I'm going to hunt Nilgai in April, it takes a big gun to take one of those down.

Archived