TEAM SHELBY FORUM

States tell Feds, back off!

The Texas constitution although not allowing for the right of secession does state that "Texas is a free and independent State, subject only to the Constitution of the United States..."

I hope our legislators have not become too soft over the years and follow the posted example. The US government is out of control.

So, New Hampshire voters elected Obama knowing that he intended to takes these actions. Now they are concerned and their lawmakers are beginning a legal battle? Or did they just blindly vote for Obama?

Thank you for posting that. I have heard of some states taking the 10th but never really new what It was. R state took the 10th and know that I know alittle about it I beleive it was the right thing to do. The house and senate R out of control. Again thanks for posting that article.

What a load of :censored: put out originally by MoveOff.org. So where are these plans for a federal handgun license, "hate crimes" laws to regulate Christians' speech about their own religious beliefs on homosexuality, President Obama's youth corps for mandatory public service and the so-called "Fairness Doctrine"?

Use "the google" and you will find this same article posted word for word on all the major far right web sites. Go ahead! Do a search for say "federal handgun license" you get about 5 pages 90% are to copies of this article!

Total load of :censored:

:lurk:

What a load of :censored: put out originally by MoveOff.org. So where are these plans for a federal handgun license, "hate crimes" laws to regulate Christians' speech about their own religious beliefs on homosexuality, President Obama's youth corps for mandatory public service and the so-called "Fairness Doctrine"?

Use "the google" and you will find this same article posted word for word on all the major far right web sites. Go ahead! Do a search for say "federal handgun license" you get about 5 pages 90% are to copies of this article!

Jeff, it's easy to say it's a load of whatever, but all the signs and signals are pointing in these directions. It's only a matter of time if certain folks remain and gain power in the USA.

The youth corp thing is real. I read an entire article on it a while back. They want to model it on something BO and Michelle started in Chicago. They both were on the original board of directors of this organization and they appear on the organizations website. I just can't remember the name of the organization but I read their site and it sounds like the Hitler youth. Lots of indoctrination and nonsense. My kids will not be involved in it.

Jeff, it's easy to say it's a load of whatever, but all the signs and signals are pointing in these directions. It's only a matter of time if certain folks remain and gain power in the USA.

Ok, it's one thing to say there are "signs" or "signals" of things, nice if people cited them, but quite another to claim them as facts as this article does. The fact is there is no legislation proposed for any of these things in the Congress. Further the article twists the state efforts against unfunded Federal mandates as some response to "homosexuality" laws coming!

Call it what you want...still smells!

The youth corp thing is real. I read an entire article on it a while back. They want to model it on something BO and Michelle started in Chicago. They both were on the original board of directors of this organization and they appear on the organizations website. I just can't remember the name of the organization but I read their site and it sounds like the Hitler youth. Lots of indoctrination and nonsense. My kids will not be involved in it.

Hitler Youth!?!?!? Nice!

Again, use "the goggle" and you will FIND tons of right wing wacko sites use the exact same term...why don't you look into things and decide for yourself?

"President Obama began his career on the South Side of Chicago, working with a coalition of churches to improve living conditions in poor neighborhoods. "

http://www.whitehouse.gov/agenda/service/

http://www.usaservice.org

Sorry guys,

I dont get my news from worldnetdaily.com...

I have this nagging thing about news being from reliable sources and such.

Although I did read the end of the world is nigh on www.nostrodamusisgod.net that looked pretty legit. :finger:

Sorry guys,

Although I did read the end of the world is nigh on www.nostrodamusisgod.net that looked pretty legit. :finger:

Me thinks your pain meds have kicked-in! :hysterical:

Ok, it's one thing to say there are "signs" or "signals" of things, nice if people cited them, but quite another to claim them as facts as this article does. The fact is there is no legislation proposed for any of these things in the Congress. Further the article twists the state efforts against unfunded Federal mandates as some response to "homosexuality" laws coming!

Call it what you want...still smells!

I prefer to work at not letting plans like this get all the way to becoming legislation in Congress. If it walks like a duck....

Jeff, you asked where the plans are for a federal handgun license? Refer to legislation already introduced by democrats. HR 45, January 2009. Please re to below.

H.R. 45:

111st CongressThis is a bill in the U.S. Congress originating in the House of Representatives ("H.R."). A bill must be passed by both the House and Senate and then be signed by the President before it becomes law.

Bill numbers restart from 1 every two years. Each two-year cycle is called a session of Congress. This bill was created in the 111st Congress, in 2009-2010.

The titles of bills are written by the bill's sponsor and are a part of the legislation itself. GovTrack does not editorialize bill summaries.

2009-2010 Blair Holt's Firearm Licensing and Record of Sale Act of 2009

To provide for the implementation of a system of licensing for purchasers of certain firearms and for a record of sale system for those firearms, and for other purposes.

Navigation

- Overview

> Summary (CRS)

- Full Text

- Committee Assignments

- Related Legislation

Track H.R. 45

The feed for this bill includes all major activity on this bill, activity on amendments, references in the Congressional Record, and relevant upcoming committee meetings.

Preview Feed

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Personalize GovTrack by selecting trackers. Tracking H.R. 45 adds relevant events as they happen to your personal Tracked Events page.

You are not logged in to an account.

Why sign up?

When you sign up, your trackers are stored permanently and you can access them from any computer. Otherwise they are stored in a "cookie" on your computer and could get erased. When you are signed in, your personal tracked events RSS feed will update with your tracker settings, and you can get email updates on tracked events sent to you automatically.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Make a widget for this tracker to display on your web page.

Put the status of this bill on your own web page using a widget.

Primary Source

See H.R. 45 on THOMAS for the official source of information on this bill or resolution.

Summaries

Congressional Research Service Summary

The following summary was written by the Congressional Research Service, a well-respected nonpartisan arm of the Library of Congress. GovTrack did not write and has no control over these summaries.

1/6/2009--Introduced.

Blair Holt's Firearm Licensing and Record of Sale Act of 2009 - Amends the Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act to prohibit a person from possessing a firearm unless that person has been issued a firearm license under this Act or a state system certified under this Act and such license has not been invalidated or revoked. Prescribes license application, issuance, and renewal requirements.

Prohibits transferring or receiving a qualifying firearm unless the recipient presents a valid firearms license, the license is verified, and the dealer records a tracking authorization number. Prescribes firearms transfer reporting and record keeping requirements. Directs the Attorney General to establish and maintain a federal record of sale system.

Prohibits: (1) transferring a firearm to any person other than a licensee, unless the transfer is processed through a licensed dealer in accordance with national instant criminal background check system requirements, with exceptions; (2) a licensed manufacturer or dealer from failing to comply with reporting and record keeping requirements of this Act; (3) failing to report the loss or theft of the firearm to the Attorney General within 72 hours; (4) failing to report to the Attorney General an address change within 60 days; or (5) keeping a loaded firearm, or an unloaded firearm and ammunition for the firearm, knowingly or recklessly disregarding the risk that a child is capable of gaining access, if a child uses the firearm and causes death or serious bodily injury.

Prescribes criminal penalties for violations of firearms provisions covered by this Act.

Directs the Attorney General to: (1) establish and maintain a firearm injury information clearinghouse; (2) conduct continuing studies and investigations of firearm-related deaths and injuries; and (3) collect and maintain current production and sales figures of each licensed manufacturer.

Authorizes the Attorney General to certify state firearm licensing or record of sale systems.

Sorry guys,

There is no place to get reliable news

Jeff, you asked where the plans are for a federal handgun license? Refer to legislation already introduced by democrats. HR 45, January 2009. Please re to below.

H.R. 45:

111st CongressThis is a bill in the U.S. Congress originating in the House of Representatives ("H.R."). A bill must be passed by both the House and Senate and then be signed by the President before it becomes law.

Bill numbers restart from 1 every two years. Each two-year cycle is called a session of Congress. This bill was created in the 111st Congress, in 2009-2010.

The titles of bills are written by the bill's sponsor and are a part of the legislation itself. GovTrack does not editorialize bill summaries.

2009-2010 Blair Holt's Firearm Licensing and Record of Sale Act of 2009

To provide for the implementation of a system of licensing for purchasers of certain firearms and for a record of sale system for those firearms, and for other purposes.

Navigation

- Overview

> Summary (CRS)

- Full Text

- Committee Assignments

- Related Legislation

Track H.R. 45

The feed for this bill includes all major activity on this bill, activity on amendments, references in the Congressional Record, and relevant upcoming committee meetings.

Preview Feed

Personalize GovTrack by selecting trackers. Tracking H.R. 45 adds relevant events as they happen to your personal Tracked Events page.

You are not logged in to an account.

Why sign up?

When you sign up, your trackers are stored permanently and you can access them from any computer. Otherwise they are stored in a "cookie" on your computer and could get erased. When you are signed in, your personal tracked events RSS feed will update with your tracker settings, and you can get email updates on tracked events sent to you automatically.

Make a widget for this tracker to display on your web page.

Put the status of this bill on your own web page using a widget.

Primary Source

See H.R. 45 on THOMAS for the official source of information on this bill or resolution.

Summaries

Congressional Research Service Summary

The following summary was written by the Congressional Research Service, a well-respected nonpartisan arm of the Library of Congress. GovTrack did not write and has no control over these summaries.

1/6/2009--Introduced.

Blair Holt's Firearm Licensing and Record of Sale Act of 2009 - Amends the Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act to prohibit a person from possessing a firearm unless that person has been issued a firearm license under this Act or a state system certified under this Act and such license has not been invalidated or revoked. Prescribes license application, issuance, and renewal requirements.

Prohibits transferring or receiving a qualifying firearm unless the recipient presents a valid firearms license, the license is verified, and the dealer records a tracking authorization number. Prescribes firearms transfer reporting and record keeping requirements. Directs the Attorney General to establish and maintain a federal record of sale system.

Prohibits: (1) transferring a firearm to any person other than a licensee, unless the transfer is processed through a licensed dealer in accordance with national instant criminal background check system requirements, with exceptions; (2) a licensed manufacturer or dealer from failing to comply with reporting and record keeping requirements of this Act; (3) failing to report the loss or theft of the firearm to the Attorney General within 72 hours; (4) failing to report to the Attorney General an address change within 60 days; or (5) keeping a loaded firearm, or an unloaded firearm and ammunition for the firearm, knowingly or recklessly disregarding the risk that a child is capable of gaining access, if a child uses the firearm and causes death or serious bodily injury.

Prescribes criminal penalties for violations of firearms provisions covered by this Act.

Directs the Attorney General to: (1) establish and maintain a firearm injury information clearinghouse; (2) conduct continuing studies and investigations of firearm-related deaths and injuries; and (3) collect and maintain current production and sales figures of each licensed manufacturer.

Authorizes the Attorney General to certify state firearm licensing or record of sale systems.

OK Jeff, the ball is in your court! We will win you over with facts!

OK Jeff, the ball is in your court! We will win you over with facts!

Simply put, no one is going to get the facts if they listen only to / only read mainstream media news. Those organizations are managed by liberals and they will report only what they want you to hear for the most part. In addition, it appears to me that this White House is doing more to control the press than any other I've ever seen. I have my opinions as to why they would do that...

In addition, it appears to me that this White House is doing more to control the press than any other I've ever seen.

They just put the CEO of G.E. on the board of some new government agency having to do with alternative energy. G.E. makes wind turbines among other things and owns NBC, MSNBC, CNBC and some other media outlets. Scary stuff.

Hitler Youth!?!?!? Nice!

Again, use "the goggle" and you will FIND tons of right wing wacko sites use the exact same term...why don't you look into things and decide for yourself?

I did and I always do. I read an extremely long article about this and then went to the website and read the whole thing. The Hitler youth reference is due to the fact that no other group I could think of more closely resembled this organization. You have to read the book "Liberal Fasism". It explores the history of Liberalism and the Progressive movement. It also decodes for you the language liberals use to throw you off the scent. After reading this book you can listen to them and instead of coming away saying "well that doesn't sound too bad" you think "Oh my God! They want to do what?!" Fasism is where the Government basically merges with business and industry. Sound familiar?

There is no place to get reliable news

Actually, there is...but its not anywhere near an employee of media...

...a lifetime in service to this country, an ex deputy director of a certain agency...stars all over his shoulders...

cant wait to meet him! ba-dum-bum <cymbal crash> :hysterical:

You know, its not what someone tells you so much as how it is said...some things can never be discussed, but everyone is free to have an opinion, and there are a few people in this world that I pay close attention to when they speak theirs.

I dont trust anything written here as fact, but if I hear something from Amy or Gary or a few others at SAI, I know it to be fact!

They just put the CEO of G.E. on the board of some new government agency having to do with alternative energy. G.E. makes wind turbines among other things and owns NBC, MSNBC, CNBC and some other media outlets. Scary stuff.

It is reported that Rahm Emanual talks to his friends at CNN & MSNBC on a daily basis with morning calls.

It is reported that Rahm Emanual talks to his friends at CNN & MSNBC on a daily basis with morning calls.

I'm sure it is just harmless banter. I can't believe that he would try to "guide" or "shape" the news coverage. :hysterical: After all he has no agenda. Only the earnest desire to see the country grow and prosper. :doh:

I'm thinking most of you know that I lean to the right. :)

That said, I would put that article on the same footing as I would one from the Huffington Post.

I do like to read things like this as well as items from the other side. I've found that the truth almost ALWAYS lies somewhere between...

For some (Seems like most Americans) perception is reality.

Dan

Archived