TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Terlingua Texas 2009

donnymac

Good morning all from Ted Russel Ford in Knoxville.

I hit an unavoidable piece of semi tire tread last night.

Radiator has a small leak, passenger side brake duct is ripped apart, lower grill is hanging by one rivet.

Waiting for service to look at it now, and see what other damage there is.

NO! Ron, so sorry about that. I hope they get it fixed quickly and correctly and get you back on the road soon. Good luck!

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Good morning all from Ted Russel Ford in Knoxville.

I hit an unavoidable piece of semi tire tread last night.

Radiator has a small leak, passenger side brake duct is ripped apart, lower grill is hanging by one rivet.

Waiting for service to look at it now, and see what other damage there is.

Damn Ron, sorry to hear about your mishap,

good luck getting her patched up and back on the road.

UPDATE

It's not the radiator, it's the intercooler for the KB. Dealer here is great but they can't guarantee one overnight, that's my job.

Talked to Billy at Tasca. He's checking and can overnight one if he has it. If not, KB is almost open for business today.

I would just rather have it overnighted south than east.

Other damage is cosmetic or not critical, change the intercooler and I can head home.

Well, I get to spend the day in Knoxville with a rental.

Other damage may be cosmetic but we still have to get a new bumper, new grill, new brake ducts, etc, etc, etc, so hispony it could have been worse, fer sure, but I think you are downplaying it to keep me from flippin!!!

Other damage may be cosmetic but we still have to get a new bumper, new grill, new brake ducts, etc, etc, etc, so hispony it could have been worse, fer sure, but I think you are downplaying it to keep me from flippin!!!

You both have all our thoughts and sympathies for a very fast and complete recovery for your baby!

Glad it was not worse...

VB

I am somewhat coherent now so time for my thank you's:

First, thanks to David and Warren who did an incredible amount of work on this event! Without you two it would not have happened at all.

Thanks to Rick R. for being a great partner in this event, letting me borrow your GT500 vert for the entire event, bringing a great mechanic in Jeff H., buying a silly little banner I had made, letting us borrow one of his trailers for the support truck and for not completely going ape-crap after the storm hit. I'm sorry that I only reserved the good weather for Thursday thru Sunday. Next year I'll reserve the day before and after also! You win the "good sport/bad luck" award!

Thank you Helaina (herpony) and Ron for your wonderful donation and then realizing you got the bargain of the event and donating even more! You win the "long distance" award! Can you post pics of the jacket?

Thanks to Mike and Wendy Stacy for buying the other silly banner I had made and for bringing an truly incredible car! BTW - Your trailer still sucks :hysterical:Mike, you win the "Most determined to donate" award.

Thank you to Rick S. for giving kids rides ALL DAY LONG in your Ford GTX1!!! The smiles on their faces were priceless. You are a great person! You win the "coolest car" and "coolest guy" awards!

And a special thank you to Crystal! I could see the pain in your eyes as you donated that banner back to the auction. You are a wonderful person and will be blessed for your gift. I just cant understand what your doing with Ken??? :headscratch::hysterical:You won the "most giving" award (and the poker tournament).

Thanks to all those who came out and helped. You are the ones who made this event so awesome! The people this year were of such high quality that the bar for next year is set almost impossibly high. Your ides, suggestions, patience and understanding are phenomenal.

I am still in complete and total awe that we raised $5000 for Carroll Shelby's Foundation; that we raised $2000 for the Terlingua EMS/Fire Dept and that we raised $1000 for the Terlingua High school. You have made a difference in the lives of hundreds of people!

I am sure I am forgetting someone or something. When I think about it I will post it.

Thank you again!!! It was an incredible time with incredible people!!!

Sean

Sean you and everyone else did a great job...Thanks, Wish I could have been more help, Krystal and I had a great time and I didnt mind finishing second to her in the poker turnny... You forgot the to mention the BURNT HAND AWARD, That one I have to give to You , Ken :salute::hysterical:

A Big Thank You to Warren, David, Sean and Rick for a Truly AWESOME!!!!! EVENT!!! And thank you for including Bobbi and I to be part of it.

And thanks to all that attended to make this an event to remember for years to come. And I would like to apologize to Dewayne High for calling

him Jim all weekend, and for anyone else that I might have called something other that there name. I hope we can do this event again and again.

Dave and Bobbi

WHAT AN AWESOME EVENT!!!

Got in at 12:30am, took a four and a half hour nap, and now getting ready to bail, headed out to Houston/Clear Lake, 3 hour trip one way and return, day tripping.

It was fantastic to meet everyone and put faces and names with user names.

It was never a dull moment, and the comradeship was second to none, and the Shelby members gave back to Terlingua/Lajitas something those people will cherish and never forget.

All efforts and hard work put out by the organizers came together like magic, and in my opinion was seamless entertainment and fun had by all!

GREAT JOB GUYS!!!!

And despite a few negative issues:

Rick/GTX1 - tire problems

Guy with the 2010 Snake - tire problems

Jim/Terlingua - transmission issues

Rick/SPRSNK - *see below*

No one was hurt, all vehicle problem were rectified quickly, except for Jim's tranny, and as far as I know there were no complaints.

Jim even after loosing the transmission still had a smile on his face and was excited about everything.

But a mention about SPRSNK, NEVER have I seen anyone get beat in the head with a pipe like Rick with problems on a trip and keep a stiff upper lip and walk away talking and grinning more about what a great time they had then him.

Even after getting huge amounts of hail damage to all his vehicles, tire problems on the trailer (3 replaced), mechanical issues with his Terlingua, feeling sick/ill for 3-4 days, run out of his room due to flooding/mud slide from the storm and last but not least having his GT500 vert puked all over, have I ever seen someone as happy about something than him, this guy is a trooper!!!!

And a personal THANKS to Chuck McDonald for letting me beat the hell out of his GT500 coupe, it was a blast!!!! :poke: (McIntosh)

Jeff - B)

Hey Jeff,

you can beat my car next year hopefully with the new clutch in it. Local dealer said had problems getting Ford to pay TSB on another car. They said would pull apart, but if the clutch is the only issue I would pay, but I know it is NOT! :banghead: We had a great time, very tired driving straight through to PA. Thanks to Warren, Sean, David and Rick for organizing and all for a great event. Texas H. was fun for my first time playing. I will do beter next time. Oh, the last morning we were there Holly was out on the back deck smoking at 5AM and a VERY large Cat caught something on the deck around the corner :fear: and was fighting over it with something else, she ran in and woke me, but by then it was gone...

That's good to hear Chuck, like i said if you have any problems, I'd be glad to help you out, BTW I'll give you a call this week.

Was great to meet you and Holly, hope to see you again soon!

Jeff

• 2 weeks later...

From a non-Terlingua owner and west Texas native, I wanted to say thank you all!!!!!!!!

First and foremost, you represented yourselves exremely well in west Texas and that imprint has defined you forever in my part of the country. Your compassion, generosty and respect was appreciated and will be remembered by many.

I am absolutely stunned at the brotherhood and enthusiasm of your group but I am so glad you are there. I respect and admire your devotion and commitment to a man and car breed because our car guy lifestyle can vanish without protectors.

I considered it a privilledge to ride with you Saturday and I wish you the very best at the 2010 event.

donnymac

• 1 month later...

I hope everyone likes their little delivery from Pedro, the red eyed jack-o-lope....Merry Terlingua to all and to all a good ride! :happy feet: :salute:

:happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

Pedro is my holiday hero and turns a great phrase "Merry Terlingua to all and to all a good ride" :superhero:

Think I will go camp out at the mail box next to the cactus... :hysterical:

I hope everyone likes their little delivery from Pedro, the red eyed jack-o-lope....Merry Terlingua to all and to all a good ride! :happy feet: :salute:

Oh I like this! Merry Terlingua to all of you too! But, I don't know anything about Pedro....I must have missed something again :doh:

Well, I dont have Blips talent for drawing so I have to just imagine a Rudolph inspired bunny :hysterical: ....a bunny with horns- lives in west texas- has to have something glow red, and voila- Pedro, the red-eyed jackolope comes to life! :happy feet:

Well, I dont have Blips talent for drawing so I have to just imagine a Rudolph inspired bunny :hysterical: ....a bunny with horns- lives in west texas- has to have something glow red, and voila- Pedro, the red-eyed jackolope comes to life! :happy feet:

:hysterical::hysterical: :happy feet: I love it!

Hmmm... :headscratch:

...Looks like I need to get the ol' pencil workin' again. :dance: :D

Sean, Warren, David, Rick (aka Pedro);

Thank you for the very special Xmas gift, y'all just made our week BIG TIME, very professional & very thoughtful.

Great memories, until next time...

Cheers, Dave & Donna

We had a very happy mailbox today!

Very nice.

The picture made me get that travelin' feeling.....

Lets cuss and discuss in Vegas Baby!!!!

Could stand a La Kiva evening about now!!!

Doc Scott and Rebel

Doc,

"The picture made me get that travelin' feeling.....

Could stand a La Kiva evening about now!!!"

Come on down!!! We have room for you!

You'all are always welcome here!

VB

Archived