TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Terlingua Texas 2009

donnymac

Doesn't look good on white - I've never noticed it.

I'm guessing it would not work very well on a satin black hood. :happy feet:

It doesn't seem to show on dark color cars. You can see the line on white cars but I am glad you haven't noticed.

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply
All this talk about Bras for the Terlinguas got me to thinkin'.... :headscratch:

So I put Link to work and he created a special one just for FTB club members... :happy feet:

Who wants to try one out?

TerlinguaRaodBra.jpg

And it improves the aerodynamics!! :doh::hysterical2:

Good job as always Blip! :salute:

Thanks all. Now that I'm getting pretty comfortable with a new digital drawing style,

I can get back to crankin' out more Terlingua Toons.

(This one only took about 6 hours from pencil sketch to finished image.)

Thanks all. Now that I'm getting pretty comfortable with a new digital drawing style,

Looks AWESOME Blip! great job.

"Only" 6 hours? wow, your willingness, sacrafice and ability to do these for us is amazing.

Thank you!

You are one talented person!!!

"Only" 6 hours? wow, your willingness, sacrafice and ability to do these for us is amazing.

Thank you!

Yes.

How do you suppose we could compensate him for the energy and hours?

Thanks everyone!!! I enjoy sharing what I can with our fun Terlingua/FTB group.

My mechanical skills faded with the 70's so I shifted to performance "Tooning" instead.

Thank you!

Well, a couple of things helped with the speed on this one. Main reason is nobody was paying for it.

My commissioned work usually takes 20 hours or longer as I spend much more time on the small details.

Also this only took one quick sketch to develop the idea, usually it takes hours of doodling just to find one rough drawing that I like.

That is really cool work!!!!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

The goat (Carl was his name I think) was the mayor of Terlingua for a time. He had a drinking problem and I think he was pressured out because he made better decisions than most of the other politicians in this country. Thats just what I heard but its probable true.

I'm not sure what ultimately happened to him... :shrug: :beatdeadhorse: :rip::fear:

:tequila: :party: :beerchug:

Hey Sean,

Beers on us!

The goat's name was Clay Henry and he was the official elected Mayor of Lajitas for years - he lived next to the old trading post - now the Long Horn Museum. Drank like a fish for years as tourists would buy him beer - always looked just wrecked every morning (I lived in Lajitas in the 80's for a bit and saw him pretty often). His next son and grandson Clay Henry 2 and 3 were also elected in their turn and were great Mayors as well - made great decisions as you say.

Ah life out here in Far West Texas.

VB

Sherri, Tulsa looks like a no go :cry: (for now). But I have not given up yet.

Chad - Yes, everything is good. I have a pet scan, ct scan and x-ray scheduled for the 10th and then I just need the doctor to sign off. :whew: I will have to have 6 month check ups for the next 5 years, but that is easy.

Vorpal - Carl/Clay, I was close. I got 75% of the letters correct. I still think he was forced out because he made other mayors look bad. He should run for governor next. If the Terminator and Jessie Ventura can do it, so could a beer drinking goat! :hysterical:

That is GREAT NEWS Sean, I am really happy that it turned out this way I was thinking about your situation daily. Its nice to know that you caught it before it spread. :happy feet:

I might have to make a trip to Texas this fall, maybe I will run into you somewhere down there. :shift:

Sherri, Tulsa looks like a no go :cry: (for now). But I have not given up yet.

Chad - Yes, everything is good. I have a pet scan, ct scan and x-ray scheduled for the 10th and then I just need the doctor to sign off. :whew: I will have to have 6 month check ups for the next 5 years, but that is easy.

Vorpal - Carl/Clay, I was close. I got 75% of the letters correct. I still think he was forced out because he made other mayors look bad. He should run for governor next. If the Terminator and Jessie Ventura can do it, so could a beer drinking goat! :hysterical:

Sean,

I bet your right about carl or Clay LOL and I am so glad you are doing well!

VB

Thanks everyone! I really appreciate all the thoughts and prayers I know were sent my way. We should have a get together sometime (my birthday is in October).

I was thinking the other day about Native Americans. Do you think they celebrate Columbus Day?

:fan::stirpot::stop::redcard: Uh, never mind.......

I bottled our Terlingua 2009 beer the other day. It's fantastic if I do say so myself. Should be between 8-12% ac. I forgot to take the gravity reading before hand. I managed to get 2 cases bottled...the rest of it....disappeared.

btw: it's a honey amber ale.

I will remember that you said two cases. Thats 48 beers. Better not be any missing!

Left my friends a couple of 16oz bottles and a 2 liter growler. Best batch of beer I've ever made, and I've quit drinking. Kinda figures.

Archived