TEAM SHELBY FORUM

The Stripes Thread

All I can say to anyone else going forward is to do what I did and DO NOT drop off your car until your dealer has all parts IN HAND!

Sorry so many are left without cars for weeks waiting.

I did not drop off my car until the dealer had the stripes, scoop and pins in hand. They sub'd out the the stripes and they were done in three days. For one reason after another it took them almost 3 weeks to install the scoop. They just did not want to install the new scoop because it required new holes. Something else must have gone wrong because they painted my new scoop and also painted the stripe down the center. I called everyday until they worked up the courage to install the scoop. Not to mention they were paying for my rental. In the end it's all behind me and I'm just glad my SGT is as it should have been from SAI.

Well, the stripes on my 07 SGT are shot. I didn't realize how bad they are until someone else in my neighborhood bought an '08 SGT. When I stopped to introduce myself and congratulate her for being a new owner of an SGT I couldn't help noticing how great the stripes looked on it. Reading the scoop thread has me freaked out about my scoop too (sure enough, there's daylight between the scoop and hood). I have no illusions about warranty replacements, nor do I have the time or patience go through that hassle. I intend to purchase Mr. Beck's scoop and am wondering if the group can point me to a shop in SoCal (Orange County) who can do the stripe replacement in vinyl and the scoop install not long after the new year begins.

Well, the stripes on my 07 SGT are shot. I didn't realize how bad they are until someone else in my neighborhood bought an '08 SGT. When I stopped to introduce myself and congratulate her for being a new owner of an SGT I couldn't help noticing how great the stripes looked on it. Reading the scoop thread has me freaked out about my scoop too (sure enough, there's daylight between the scoop and hood). I have no illusions about warranty replacements, nor do I have the time or patience go through that hassle. I intend to purchase Mr. Beck's scoop and am wondering if the group can point me to a shop in SoCal (Orange County) who can do the stripe replacement in vinyl and the scoop install not long after the new year begins.

I would suggest forgoing vinyl and and having the stripes painted on. That way you don't have to worry about doing the stripes in 3-4 years.

I would suggest forgoing vinyl and and having the stripes painted on. That way you don't have to worry about doing the stripes in 3-4 years.

After the quote I got for stripes from Shelby through the dealer I agree. They want $1600 for an "official" stripe kit. That's nuts.

After the quote I got for stripes from Shelby through the dealer I agree. They want $1600 for an "official" stripe kit. That's nuts.

google the decaleshoppe in surprize az they did mine very nice set perfect match and they have three levels of vinyl you can go with, I went with their premium. check out their website they know what they are doing.....

google the decaleshoppe in surprize az they did mine very nice set perfect match and they have three levels of vinyl you can go with, I went with their premium. check out their website they know what they are doing.....

Thanks a lot for the info. I'm hoping to find someone closer to home to do the work but if that fails, winter is a nice time to be in the Phoenix area. If I can't find a local shop I'll use the decalshoppe and tie it around a couple of Angel spring training games! Guess I better find out what the lead time is on one of Chip Beck's scoops too.

Thanks again for your help.

• 2 weeks later...

I reccomend 5 Star Ford to anyone in the DFW area who needs any warranty work done on their Shelby. I took mine there for the hoodscoop and hood stripes (for some reason, Shelby would only warranty the hood stripes). They have a stripe guy from a local graphics shop come in to do the stripes and everything turned out looking great. The manager over there is focused on quality work and thats exactly what they turn out. If anyone needs the phone number for the manager there, feel free to PM me.

• 2 weeks later...

Almost 3 months, and the dealer says should be anyday now the stripes will come in. Ford Racing still cant give me a estimated time of delivery. The manufacturer of the stripes has to send them out, and they are not replying to Ford when Ford sends them a email. Sounds like bad business to me. :banghead:

My hood stripes have also been on backorder for several months. I'm waiting on the stripes for hood scoop #5 in addition to repair of hood pin paint bubbling. I've also been approved for complete hood replacement due to hood rippling around the scoop. It's simply been worked on too many times. I'm considering asking the dealer to give me a price differential on painting the hood stripes this time. The new hood has to be painted and clear coated anyway. (I found the earlier post with the Sherwin Williams paint code.) If I can get the hood stripes painted then I won't have to worry about the hood for a very long time (hopefully--assuming the billet pin swap includes aluminum screws or rivets to prevent galvanic bubbling again). Later I'll get the remainder of the stripes painted because, yes, I've also been turned down for warranty replacement of the stripes.

No need to rant about the cosmetic BS that Shelby has made all owners endure. Scoop, stripes, hood pins. Crazy.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone in the HOUSTON , TX area know of a place that can install new stripes? The Hertz had the stripes installed wrong when it came from rental service.

Dont want to pay the dealer their mark up labor rate.

Thxs

When getting mine done here locally in the Chicago area I looked for experienced auto-graphics companies not body or paint shops who also often sub-contract out, or should! You can also contact some local car clubs and see if they have any experience with any of these or know of others.

This shop has a nice Boss 302 stripe job as an example on their web site:

http://www.vwrap.net/

I am going to post on the Hertz side also, but will they warrant stripes if they have been replaced with non certified stripes prior to my purchase? car has less than 36000 miles. Who ever replaced these stripes (Hertz Rental facility most likely of new dealer) did an awful job.

I am going to post on the Hertz side also, but will they warrant stripes if they have been replaced with non certified stripes prior to my purchase? car has less than 36000 miles. Who ever replaced these stripes (Hertz Rental facility most likely of new dealer) did an awful job.

Word from many owners is that according to Ford the stripes, even those that came with the vehicle, are only warranted for 12/12,000, in the case of environmental damage. Typically the only people getting new stripes today, more often than not, are due to damage around the hood scoop on the SGT. You have the CS 6/8 hood so that's not an issue at play here.

That said, I don't think you would get warranty coverage approved at this point, even if you had the original stripes, but I would urge you to try anyway! Stranger things have happened!

Good luck!

Word from many owners is that according to Ford the stripes, even those that came with the vehicle, are only warranted for 12/12,000, in the case of environmental damage. Typically the only people getting new stripes today, more often than not, are due to damage around the hood scoop on the SGT. You have the CS 6/8 hood so that's not an issue at play here.

That said, I don't think you would get warranty coverage approved at this point, even if you had the original stripes, but I would urge you to try anyway! Stranger things have happened!

Good luck!

good point. thanks Jeff

Know this problem well. As well as many more I've had with my 07 SGT.

Talked to my dealer, took pictures of the roof and rear bumper, which are the ones that have gotten "blotchy". Sent to dealer and on to

Ford Racing....denied environmental issue. Talked to Ford Racing myself.......denied environmental issue. Funny how there is only an

environmental issue on the roof and rear bumper, and the other stripes are fine!! Especially in the middle of Nebraska in a town of 800 people.

I've had enough, got their mailing address and am sueing them in small claims court. I will do everything in my power to make this cost Ford as much as possible.

Always been a Ford man, but my wifes SRT-8 Challenger is looking better all the time.

What exactly is a "chip Beck" Hood scoop?

You can find information on it, pricing, and how to order, in the Hood Scoop thread.

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?/topic/31128-the-hood-scoop-thread/

Here is another thread on install:

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?/topic/50572-scoop-question/page__p__864309__hl__chip__fromsearch__1entry864309

There may be another separate thread someplace too, search on it, you can also PM ChipBeck and he can give you the details.

Just talked to Ford Racing, and Mitchell is no longer with them.....Hmmm Ford is sticking to their guns, headed to my lawyer today. We will see what our local judge has to say about Fords warranty policy.

Edited by coyote

Talked to my lawyer yesterday, she seemed to think they would try to move the lawsuit location to their advantage. Picked up the paperwork today at the courthouse for small claims.

Asked them at the courthouse about them moving the location, and they said that would be up to our local judge. So maybe I'll get Ford's lawyer dragged out to the middle of no where yet!

It has gotten to the point with this car that is isn't even so much the money as what is right is right. They know there is a problem, so step up and take care of it. Do they want to keep customers by doing what is right, or does the government have to step in like with Toyota.

Edited by coyote

Talked to my lawyer yesterday, she seemed to think they would try to move the lawsuit location to their advantage. Picked up the paperwork today at the courthouse for small claims.

Asked them at the courthouse about them moving the location, and they said that would be up to our local judge. So maybe I'll get Ford's lawyer dragged out to the middle of no where yet!

It has gotten to the point with this car that is isn't even so much the money as what is right is right. They know there is a problem, so step up and take care of it. Do they want to keep customers by doing what is right, or does the government have to step in like with Toyota.

Hey Coyote,

Try not to let this stipe thing make you crazy, there are alot of us who have traveled down this road, not really sure who is at fault on the stripes, I suspect that fault actually is with the maker of the stripe material and Shelby and Ford are caught in the middle.

I don't think anyone buys into the factory fall out issue, it was most likely a bad choice of materials, I do know the replacement stripes have been changed and it has caused Shelby some serious customer service issues and the same with Ford. It's really a shame this continues to drag out.

Your the only one I have seen on the forum that thought of small claims court, which in most states is different than civil court, you may have a shot at a default judgement, not sure if small claims judgements are binding though, in most small claims courts you do not need a lawyer to represent you.

Keep us posted on this........ GG

Does anyone have the paint code for the stripes? And have they used it? Thanks

It's been posted a few times and can be found doing a search for "stripe paint code" but this time I saved you the 4 min of your life:

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?/topic/47940-shelby-sgt-replacement-stripes/

Satin Silver Paint code is M7049A Sherwin Williams #63454

I just purchased my Shelby Gt Jan. 25. It is New. When it arrived at the Dealership, sure enough it had the Scoop, Pins, and Strip issues. I did not take delievry because of these issues and the Dealership has rec'd approval to get every thing fixed. I did not learn about these issue's until my car arrived here in NC. Nor, did I read about this any where except here on this site. Youtube moment where were you???

Thankfully, NC has a Lemon Law and coverage in not just to safety issues.

Tomorrow, I will be writing Ford about these issues and the fact that this has been know to them for almost 3yrs.

My hope is that I will get action not just for me but for all. There still are a few NEW Shebly GT's out there and others should know the issue (s) that may or may not occur.

Doc

Doc, these issue aren't a recall, it's case by case warranty repair, so unless someone files a claim to Ford they're not going to know about your car's issues. The selling dealer, I can only guess, had no incentive left to do it after loosing thousands on the car.

I really don't think you need worry about the Lemon Law in your case because you're buying the car new so your warranty covers all these issues from the date of purchase.

I would however urge you to take the time to read through these different threads, download the info, and provide it to your dealer for the best experience and outcome. It's almost three years of tips and tricks and well worth the time and effort.

Yes, there were some issues, I've lived through them all, more than once, but in the end SA and Ford worked them out. There are still issues for those that are now considered out of warranty but that's not the case for you so good luck and enjoy your new car!

Doc, these issue aren't a recall, it's case by case warranty repair, so unless someone files a claim to Ford they're not going to know about your car's issues. The selling dealer, I can only guess, had no incentive left to do it after loosing thousands on the car.

I really don't think you need worry about the Lemon Law in your case because you're buying the car new so your warranty covers all these issues from the date of purchase.

I would however urge you to take the time to read through these different threads, download the info, and provide it to your dealer for the best experience and outcome. It's almost three years of tips and tricks and well worth the time and effort.

Yes, there were some issues, I've lived through them all, more than once, but in the end SA and Ford worked them out. There are still issues for those that are now considered out of warranty but that's not the case for you so good luck and enjoy your new car!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was told by the Dealer that Ford does know about these issues but I feel I should write to them as well - to be safe (trusting the dealers word) then sorry.

I have read thru someof the threads but not all. I planned to do more this week and continue weekend..

Thank for your words - I trust you are correct in what you say.

I am a mam of my word and that is my honor. My hand shake - is my bond.

Again, thanks for your kind words and insite.

Doc

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was told by the Dealer that Ford does know about these issues but I feel I should write to them as well - to be safe (trusting the dealers word) then sorry.

I have read thru someof the threads but not all. I planned to do more this week and continue weekend..

Thank for your words - I trust you are correct in what you say.

I am a mam of my word and that is my honor. My hand shake - is my bond.

Again, thanks for your kind words and insite.

Doc

Oh believe me Ford knows there are issues with some cars for multiple things. Hey, feel free to write, my point was that if you were writing to make them aware they already know, and each car is dealt with on a case by case basis.

The important thing though is your car is getting fixed so that's great to hear!

I just purchased my 2007 SGT, and it had the fallout issues with the stripes also. I went to the dealer where I purchased it after finding all the great info on this site! Thanks so much! Well the service manager knew of these issues and agreed that it needed fixed. So they are contacting Shelby to get the replacement stripes and Hood scoop and hopefully it will get fixed soon. My car only has 3k miles on it. So initial contact with Service Department appears to be good!