TEAM SHELBY FORUM

The Stripes Thread

The turn around time, once the warranty work is approved, is in a a few days. The stripes are shipped FedEx next day to prevent damage.

I was just told by Ford Racing yesterday that the dealer ordered a set of stripes to replace the ones they screwed up, and they're currently looking at 3-4 weeks for delivery. The good news is that Ford Racing told the dealer to use a specialty shop near my house who has done work for them in the past, so I'm hoping they know what they're doing. I'm sending pics now of my hood pins b/c they're bubbling. Hopefully I can get that repaired while waiting for the new stripes to ship.

Jeff in reading your posts you are very good at helping folks and I for one appreciate you and Steve, Scotty Cobra, TwoShelbys, and all the folks that have been there with depth of experience and serve as part time or full time moderators or folks that have the knowledge.

I guess were I was going with my post was inaddition to the "The Stipes Thread", could we have something from the forum in the top area similar to the Technical Service Bulletins and name it Latest SGT Stripe & Hood Warranty Information and installation instructions or installations tips, includinng anything members have done outside on their own to solve the issue.

I down loaded everything that you posted on warranties, but it took awhile to get there, the problem with posts is there is no way to determine the date the links are put up by members when grouped in one post and you just about have to read everything. There are a great many stripe links in one spot thanks to Jeff, which I know took a great deal of time with no date unless you open them up, maybe Steve could check on this with the powers that be.......

I want to make sure everyone understands I have no issues with SAI, I e-mail them if I need help and they have beeen very customer oriented in my opinion and so have 99.9% of the members, I enjoy reading everyones comments and suggestions.

Thanks Again, GG

Edited by TAPD117

Just posting a little update. August 4th I started the stripe warranty. Today, September 16 Ford/Shelby approved the warranty for a new scoop, stripe kit, and hood pins. Per my request the dealer is going with an outside vendor to lay my stripes (same vendor who did my wing). I will also upgrade my stripe to the 3M brand. So far so good. My Service Advisor Robert Olivarez at Jim Click Ford has been awesome to work with. Below is an email he forwarded to me.

----- Original Message -----

To: Robert Olivarez

Sent: Wednesday, September 16, 2009 5:29 AM

Subject: PLEASE READ - Warranty VIN:xxx - Scoop/stripes/lanyards (Prior Approval) - PLEASE READ

We have initiated your claim for a hood scoop, front, hood, roof and rear stripes as well as hood pins and lanyards on vehicle xxx. The hood scoop is being replaced to maintain warranty. Your prior approval code is xxx. The parts will arrive within the next 25 to 30 business days. The stripes and scoop will be shipped in separate packaging.

When you receive the parts, please review them for damage. If they have been damaged, you have 48 hours to notify us from receipt of the parts. Enclosed in the new scoop packaging will be a return authorization to send the existing scoop back to us.

The hood scoop has been sent to maintain warranty coverage on the Shelby components. This revised part must be installed. Failure to install this part will result in no final approval given for the repair.

When replacing the hood stripes, we ask that you leave them cure on the vehicle for three days before riveting the new scoop to the hood.

When riveting the new scoop to the hood, please leave the hood closed in the latched position.

If you do the work in-house, we pay out a maximum of 6.1 hours R&R. If you decide to sublet the work, we will pay up to $575.00 and any additional costs would need to be approved by us prior to proceeding with any of the work.

If you sublet the work out, we will need a copy of the sublet faxed to us before final approval can be given. Please package up and send the damaged parts back to us and feel free to contact us after the work is completed for a final approval code.

If you have any further questions or concerns please feel free to contact us.

Thank you,

Shelby Customer Relationship Center

800.367.3788 Office

313.621.2500 Fax

www.thefordstory.com

Jeff in reading your posts you are very good at helping folks and I for one appreciate you and Steve, Scotty Cobra, TwoShelbys, and all the folks that have been there with depth of experience and serve as part time or full time moderators or folks that have the knowledge.

I guess were I was going with my post was inaddition to the "The Stipes Thread", could we have something from the forum in the top area similar to the Technical Service Bulletins and name it Latest SGT Stripe & Hood Warranty Information and installation instructions or installations tips, includinng anything members have done outside on their own to solve the issue.

I down loaded everything that you posted on warranties, but it took awhile to get there, the problem with posts is there is no way to determine the date the links are put up by members when grouped in one post and you just about have to read everything. There are a great many stripe links in one spot thanks to Jeff, which I know took a great deal of time with no date unless you open them up, maybe Steve could check on this with the powers that be.......

I want to make sure everyone understands I have no issues with SAI, I e-mail them if I need help and they have beeen very customer oriented in my opinion and so have 99.9% of the members, I enjoy reading everyones comments and suggestions.

Thanks Again, GG

Good suggestions!

Let me think it through and work with the moderators to get something set up. There are limitations with the board software but maybe something can be done.

Thanks for the kind words...we're all in this together!

Just posting a little update. August 4th I started the stripe warranty. Today, September 16 Ford/Shelby approved the warranty for a new scoop, stripe kit, and hood pins. Per my request the dealer is going with an outside vendor to lay my stripes (same vendor who did my wing). I will also upgrade my stripe to the 3M brand. So far so good. My Service Advisor Robert Olivarez at Jim Click Ford has been awesome to work with. Below is an email he forwarded to me.

----- Original Message -----

To: Robert Olivarez

Sent: Wednesday, September 16, 2009 5:29 AM

Subject: PLEASE READ - Warranty VIN:xxx - Scoop/stripes/lanyards (Prior Approval) - PLEASE READ

We have initiated your claim for a hood scoop, front, hood, roof and rear stripes as well as hood pins and lanyards on vehicle xxx. The hood scoop is being replaced to maintain warranty. Your prior approval code is xxx. The parts will arrive within the next 25 to 30 business days. The stripes and scoop will be shipped in separate packaging.

When you receive the parts, please review them for damage. If they have been damaged, you have 48 hours to notify us from receipt of the parts. Enclosed in the new scoop packaging will be a return authorization to send the existing scoop back to us.

The hood scoop has been sent to maintain warranty coverage on the Shelby components. This revised part must be installed. Failure to install this part will result in no final approval given for the repair.

When replacing the hood stripes, we ask that you leave them cure on the vehicle for three days before riveting the new scoop to the hood.

When riveting the new scoop to the hood, please leave the hood closed in the latched position.

If you do the work in-house, we pay out a maximum of 6.1 hours R&R. If you decide to sublet the work, we will pay up to $575.00 and any additional costs would need to be approved by us prior to proceeding with any of the work.

If you sublet the work out, we will need a copy of the sublet faxed to us before final approval can be given. Please package up and send the damaged parts back to us and feel free to contact us after the work is completed for a final approval code.

If you have any further questions or concerns please feel free to contact us.

Thank you,

Shelby Customer Relationship Center

800.367.3788 Office

313.621.2500 Fax

www.thefordstory.com

Learned a few new things from this email.

Thanks for posting!

I'm kind of curious, when the SGT stripes are removed and replaced under warranty, have members that have gone through this procedure had to return their removed stripes or are they just put in the trash.

I can see returning the hood scoop taken off and also returning the lanyards that are defective.

GG

Edited by TAPD117

I'm kind of curious, when the SGT stripes are removed and replaced under warranty, have members that have gone through this procedure had to return their removed stripes or are they just put in the trash.

I can see returning the hood taken off and also returning the lanyards that are defective.

GG

They are trashed.

Well today my 9" wide with 1" gap Red Hi-Performance 3M Scothcal Racing Stripes and Rocker Panel Stripes for my Shelby BJ arrived from The Decal Shoppe in Surpize, AZ. Order date 9/15 arrival date 9/21 cost for complete body stirpe kit $129.99 and rocker panel stripe kit $49.99 or in other words "priceless" with 5 year warranty.

Came with directions and diagram so clear, I wanted to do them myself, but I am no fool. Schedule a trip to body shop next for hoodscoop removal and strip silver paint off and repaint scoop red to match BJ Edition Stripe package and hope someone from the hoodscoop thread has some extra aluminum rivet screws left to sell me so I can reattach my hoodscoop, so the final solution looks good. While scoop is in body shop, car will be in a professional graphics shop

Spoke to Ford Racing today about rusting lanyards, a faded out tribar pony grill emblem, and although they were helpful, they admitted they are running about 6 weeks behind with the majority of claims being for stripes and scoops. I can see why are members are sometimes frustrated, they stated they are doing the best they can.

Although I am going another route with my stripes I wanted to share some more important warranty information as I had discussed with Jeffisheretoo, so maybe it will help other forum members. The Ford 800 line is very busy and they suggested when filing a claim through the dealer service department to have the service writer get the following information to assist with your claim, they will know what this is; Dealer P & A Code, Mileage on your SGT, Repair Line, Repair Quarter Date, Pepair Order Number. They prefer to use e-mail with pictures sent to FWRNTY@ford.com, it takes a while to process and evaluate claims for warranty approval. If dealer has decided to sublet out, you must fax sublet invoice in.

My priority now, move forward and "getterdone". Will post pics after completion and let you know my opionion of how this aftermarket product performs. :shift:

If one of our moderators thinks posting the installation instructions for the two stipe packages would be helpful to our members, I can scan and send it to you to up load, just pm me, sorry folks, I couldn't get a file to upload correctly to save my life, some of you just amaze me with all the nice pictures below your signatures and other parts of your posts.

Jut my thoughts..... GG

Edited by TAPD117

TAPD117, Wow! That is quite the deal! Thanks for posting that info.

If I didn't mention it the kit is cut specifically for a SGT and has each piece in sequence includling a piece cut for those that need front lpns on the bumper.

I had them cut me a second set of hood stripes and a second rear license plate section for that pricing also, figured it would be good insurance incase there were any issues on installation, no waiting time. Good customer service on the phone, I spoke with Randy, who cut the stripes.

He's on the web also........

GG

If I didn't mention it the kit is cut specifically for a SGT and has each piece in sequence includling a piece cut for those that need front lpns on the bumper.

I had them cut me a second set of hood stripes and a second rear license plate section for that pricing also, figured it would be good insurance incase there were any issues on installation, no waiting time. Good customer service on the phone, I spoke with Randy, who cut the stripes.

He's on the web also........

GG

The BIG problem areas will be the roof and hood and maintaining that 1" gap.

The BIG problem areas will be the roof and hood and maintaining that 1" gap.

Hey Jeff, that's what 1" blue painters tape is for, centered right down the middle of your SGT, from front to rear and using a professional installation shop, will post before and after pics when I am done. I agree the top would most likely be the hardest, but I've got a vert so it's not an issue. I think the rear around the gas cap emblem and license plate will be tough also, just have to see. I'm going to pull my own off and follow up with some adhesive remover to clean surface, will discuss the instructions BUD sent with installler and my expectations, hope I get as good as how they do it at their facility with a better aftermarket vinyl.

Getting the Shelby letter spacing will be an issue, somewhere on the forum the template with spacing is posted, will have to look for it also tonight, crud I've down loaded alot of advice from members, glade someone else has blazed the trail on most issues......

GG

Hey Jeff, that's what 1" blue painters tape is for, centered right down the middle of your SGT, from front to rear and using a professional installation shop, will post before and after pics when I am done. I agree the top would most likely be the hardest, but I've got a vert so it's not an issue. I think the rear around the gas cap emblem and license plate will be tough also, just have to see. I'm going to pull my own off and follow up with some adhesive remover to clean surface, will discuss the instructions BUD sent with installler and my expectations, hope I get as good as how they do it at their facility with a better aftermarket vinyl.

Getting the Shelby letter spacing will be an issue, somewhere on the forum the template with spacing is posted, will have to look for it also tonight, crud I've down loaded alot of advice from members, glade someone else has blazed the trail on most issues......

GG

Good luck!

Keeping my fingers and toes crossed!

quote name='JeffIsHereToo' post='811179' date='Sep 24 2009, 06:59 PM']Good luck!

Keeping my fingers and toes crossed!

Jeff,

You should be on my end getting ready for this project, I'm a big believer in peters principal, if it can go wrong it will, thats why I bought two sets of hood stripes, send me your cell number so I can call you if I get in over my head, seriously. :cry:

Let me give you this weeks example, yesterday my replacement lanyards and hood pins came in from the selling dealer, they just bought them from SPP for speed, I liked that..... Opened the hood to install them, installed with rivets, good grief, no rivet gun, why couldn't it just be simple and they use a metal srew or rivet nut, then I opened and closed one of the new pins checking the tension and the ring fell into two pieces (any of you fellow members been here or this sound familiar), back to the forum reading and searching hood pin posts and how to repair these by pressing the ring together to make them fit better.

Scotty Cobra will tell you that it's been raining and hasn't stopped since my car was delivered in Arkansas and I've been lucky to get a few miles on it, last night it started a light rain on the way home from Wal-Mart....

Still hanging tight......GG

Edited by TAPD117

wow im glad to know im not the only Shelby owner with cancer stripes... The top is really bad on mine and the the stripes on the hood are starting to show signs of the rust coloered stains....does anyone in CA (LA area) know where I could take my 07 to get this stripe issue fixed??

I see that everyone with this problem has had different solutions to the problem... any help would be appreciated...thanks guys

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

As I struggled with matching the correct red SGT/BJ stripe this week, I made a post on the GT 500 part of this forum, they don't seem to have the same type of issues we do, one of our members posted a internet link to flxpaint.com for me to check out. The colors are on page 9

I pulled it up and they have factory match colors, I believe there may have been some early posts on it in our forum. In looking at their colors after calling on the phone, these people seem to know what they are doing.

I don't understand the technology, but it apparently cuts like vinyl and is a factory match with the stipes in many colors.

Just thought I would pass this on, hope to get my stripes put on Tuesday or Wednesday, then cure a couple of days and rivet nut the hood scoop back on.

There is a lot of pain associated with getting these stripe and hood scoop issues solved, the rest of the car has been perfect.

SAI-BUD has gone out of his way to be helpful and give suggestions, but peters principal just keeps kicking in. Side stripes are on and the computer plotter crashes, so I wait a couple more days.

Couldn't drive anyway it has done nothing but rain in Arkansas for weeks, about 26 inches in Texarkana, so I guess I can't complain, I wouldn't be driving in the rain anyway.....

GG

post-14593-1256194802_thumb.jpgpost-14593-1256194844_thumb.jpgpost-14593-1256194869_thumb.jpgpost-14593-1256194901_thumb.jpgpost-14593-1256194937_thumb.jpgpost-14593-1256194983_thumb.jpg

Hey Sam,

Got it, you have been a big help, I think stripes go on Thursday and yes it is still a pain. Pictures when complete will be posted, also got my SGT/BJ emblem issue resolved, not perfect but looks stock/factory...

This is the kind of important info that I think helps our members, I am sure many have gone the after market route like I did for one reason or another because of the cost of SGT factory stripes.

I'm sure some of you may wonder why I would remove a perfectly good set of silver stripes off an 08SGT including my next door neighbor, who said I was crazy and he drives a Roush on Saturday only, but it left Shelby with a red stripe package and I am going back to factory stock.

I personally liked the silver stripes on it, but could you imagine having to explain all the time why a dealer would restripe a car with the wrong color.

Hood scoop has been painted Colorado red for two weeks now and dang if it isn't raining again in Arkansas tonight.....

GG

post-14593-1256194802_thumb.jpg

post-14593-1256194844_thumb.jpg

post-14593-1256194869_thumb.jpg

post-14593-1256194901_thumb.jpg

post-14593-1256194937_thumb.jpg

post-14593-1256194983_thumb.jpg

Edited by TAPD117

• 2 weeks later...

Picked up my Shelby GT-BJ today, new red stripes looked great, hood scoop painted red and matched attached with rivet nuts, my old set of SHELBY trunk letters were applied tonight, SAI-BUD furnished me with a letter spacing guide. I thought I had purchased a new set of SHELBY letters from Dallas Mustang and they shipped GT 500 trunk letters by mistake, so they will have to be returned. I'll have an extra set just incase anything falls off.

I'm a happy camper now, still raining in Arkansas tonight, pictures to follow in the next day or so. Just a note went in for stripe removal and scoop removal/painted on October 5, everything that could go wrong seemed like it did, rain almost everyday slowed things down, now it's time to try and drive this baby as soon as I can get on some dry highway. Out of the shop, October 29 with a lighter wallet, didn't share with my wife the full cost.

:happy feet: GG

Edited by TAPD117

Just got my 07 back from the dealer, I had all the usual suspects, stripes, hood scoop and hood pins. They did absolutely nothing. So I contacted shelby and was told I am SOL on the stripes but that I should try a new dealer for hood pins and hood scoop. On top of all of that, I literally have rust popping up under the clear coat in random spots all over the car, the dealer tells me they won't do anything unless the rust comes up through the clear. Go ford...

07SGT0517

Just got my 07 back from the dealer, I had all the usual suspects, stripes, hood scoop and hood pins. They did absolutely nothing. So I contacted shelby and was told I am SOL on the stripes but that I should try a new dealer for hood pins and hood scoop. On top of all of that, I literally have rust popping up under the clear coat in random spots all over the car, the dealer tells me they won't do anything unless the rust comes up through the clear. Go ford...

07SGT0517

You have pics?

Well I get my SGT back from getting re-striped. My service advisor said they came out great. I appears they had an issue with my scoop. Let's see what I get when I pick it up today.

Here the scoop issue. Post #623

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php...0&start=620

Well much to my surprise my stripes came out beautiful. The replacement stripes that SAI sent out are of good quality. My dealer had the stripes done by an outside vendor who nailed the one inch gap perfectly. Now I'm just trying to work out the scoop issue. (see thread above).

Frank

07SGT0517

Go to another dealer and bring the ALL the warranty info from the this thread:

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=42709