TEAM SHELBY FORUM

My Clutch Went Out

I have bad news to report. :censored:

Tana was getting caught up on the wash last night....and :banghead:

The washer has failed. :banghead:

The clutch seems to not engage the spin cycle again and the cloths just stay soggy wet.

You can hear something spinning inside.....but the drum is not turning. :rant2:

$222.15 not well spent. :spend:

I should of taken it to the dump and bought a new one.

Grabber trying to save a buck-----------> :finger:

They should fix it now at they're expense now since the clutch wasn't the problem ...maybe a servo that engages it is not right?

They should fix it now at they're expense now since the clutch wasn't the problem ...maybe a servo that engages it is not right?

I'm sure I had the clutch replaced for nothing and it was fine. I'm sure that was not the problem. Obviously it wasn't, because the machine is not fixed. He replaced the brake too. Not sure why, but it stops good now. Those 2 parts were over $100.

I called there and talked to a parts guy who is answering the phones and he said all the techs are out on service calls and he won't see them untill tomorrow morning. I requested the tech call me.

When he calls me, I'm going to offer him the unit and if he does not want it....I will take it to the recycle center and dump it.

:censored:

• 2 weeks later...

I decided the old Sears Kenmore is going to the dump.

I bought the best top loader on the market. :happy feet: This company only makes laundry equipment and has been doing it for commercial laundrymats and appartment building for ages. The quality on these are the best on the market. Steel gears, Stainless steel drums, steel basins. The best factory warranty too. 3 years on everthing and 5 years on powertrain.

Commercial Grade Heavy Duty Speed Queen washer

Misc2files060.jpg

Tana wanted a matching set, so I also bought her a real nice Speed Queen dryer.

Misc2files056.jpg

Energy efficiant too.

Misc2files054.jpg

The set

Misc2files062.jpg

Tana is very happy and says the set looks nice in the laundry room. This is the first "Set" we have ever purchased.

Misc2files067.jpg

• 1 year later...

Archived