TEAM SHELBY FORUM

The Happy Thanksgiving Thread Of '08

TS,

Just wanted to wish everyone a happy Thanksgiving. During the chaos of the day, with family, cooking, and general gluttony, please take a moment to reflect on everything that we have to be thankful for.

I am thankful for Thursday football and cold beer :happy feet: just kidding.

While those are certainly nice, I am thankful for the wonderful family and friends that God has surrounded me with. We, as a family, have had a bit of a trying year and it will be nice to be together and have a laugh or two.

The TS family also has had a trying year. Let us not forget those who have passed and those who are going through some personal strife.

Gobble Gobble :beerchug:

P.S. I am also thankful for my Shelby :rockon: , I love this car.

We have a family tradition that we do before our meal on Thanksgiving day. My son David reads Psalm 100 from the bible. This gives us a moment to reflect before we eat. Happy Thanksgiving all.

Psalm 100

A psalm. For giving thanks.

Shout for joy to the LORD, all the earth.

Worship the LORD with gladness;

come before him with joyful songs.

Know that the LORD is God.

It is he who made us, and we are his;

we are his people, the sheep of his pasture.

Enter his gates with thanksgiving

and his courts with praise;

give thanks to him and praise his name.

For the LORD is good and his love endures forever;

his faithfulness continues through all generations

TS,

Just wanted to wish everyone a happy Thanksgiving. During the chaos of the day, with family, cooking, and general gluttony, please take a moment to reflect on everything that we have to be thankful for.

I am thankful for Thursday football and cold beer :happy feet: just kidding.

While those are certainly nice, I am thankful for the wonderful family and friends that God has surrounded me with. We, as a family, have had a bit of a trying year and it will be nice to be together and have a laugh or two.

The TS family also has had a trying year. Let us not forget those who have passed and those who are going through some personal strife.

Gobble Gobble :beerchug:

P.S. I am also thankful for my Shelby :rockon: , I love this car.

Beautiful post Kevhead20. Thanks for sharing.

Every morning I thank the Lord for the "gifts" he has given me. My family, my friends and my faith. that's what gives me joy. So for me, it's Thanksgiving day everyday.

:happy feet: HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL :happy feet:

I am thankful for all our country has to offer, even in these trying times. It is still better than the alternatives.

I especially want to thank those who can't be home again this year because they are defending our right to have this day :salute::salute: :beerchug:

Erik

07SGT2940

We have a family tradition that we do before our meal on Thanksgiving day. My son David reads Psalm 100 from the bible. This gives us a moment to reflect before we eat. Happy Thanksgiving all.

Psalm 100

A psalm. For giving thanks.

Shout for joy to the LORD, all the earth.

Worship the LORD with gladness;

come before him with joyful songs.

Know that the LORD is God.

It is he who made us, and we are his;

we are his people, the sheep of his pasture.

Enter his gates with thanksgiving

and his courts with praise;

give thanks to him and praise his name.

For the LORD is good and his love endures forever;

his faithfulness continues through all generations

How cool, Grabber. This is the very passage that our Pastor preached about this past Sunday. Thanks for the reminder.

overtime

Happy Turkey day to all and READ this important safety message:

Every year, thousands of everyday people like you and me are struck by a serious and devastating condition known as:

MPATT

MPATT is a serious condition that is caused by the very food you sit down and eat on Thanksgiving day. Little is known about this problem, and it seems that what Turkeys are fed or raised on makes no difference. It could also be caused by the stuffing or desserts. Perhaps a reaction of the beer and food.

The ONLY known prevention method is to wear loose fitting sweatpants for the day. Stay safe and prevent

My Pants Are Too Tight

Well it's Thursday, Thanksgiving Day 2008, and I want to wish all of you a wonderful Turkey Day. Although there's a lot wrong in the world today we all have so much to be thankful for. The best to all.

Jim

Happy Thanksgiving from Iraq. I am waiting for the DFAC (modern day term for chow hall) to thin out. The lines are too long for my patience. The lines were crazy one year ago today and I am going to try to wait a little longer this year (yes I have been here that long, 13 months and counting). They usually have a pretty good spread for the holiday meals but I would rather be home with family. I only have a short time left to go till I am back in the good 'ole USA.

Archived