TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Calling all Trekkies/ers!! New Star Trek Movie!!!

Love the old series but I have issues with this movie that are already well known and shared by others. I'm sure it will be a great movie bu I wish they had held true to Trek history already established. Capt April was the first captain of the Enterprise, followed by Capt. Pike, then Capt Kirk. Second the Enterprise parts were built at the SF Navy Yards but constructed in space. Of course it's cooler to have young kirk motorcycle over to it ala Top Gun scene I guess. Guess we'll see!

I'm hopeful!

Love the old series but I have issues with this movie that are already well known and shared by others. I'm sure it will be a great movie bu I wish they had held true to Trek history already established. Capt April was the first captain of the Enterprise, followed by Capt. Pike, then Capt Kirk. Second the Enterprise parts were built at the SF Navy Yards but constructed in space. Of course it's cooler to have young kirk motorcycle over to it ala Top Gun scene I guess. Guess we'll see!

I'm hopeful!

He said the evil romulan, 'Nero' changed the timeline so anything goes. He did say that Captain Pike was in it. And maybe the motorcycle scene was a few years before Kirk takes command. We will have to see! :happy feet:

The trailer on the big screen is very exciting. I'd seen it online, but to go see the Bond movie and start out with the Trek preview was icing on the cake. Too bad they pushed it from this coming Christmas to the May date, but we'll just have to be patient...NOT GONNA HAPPEN!

• 1 year later...

Archived