TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Only 300 40th to be Made

300 or 500 doesn't matter too much to me except that I may be able to do another one in the near future. These cars are just amazing after the conversion and I wouldn't have one any other way!! Yes, I use mine and the value may not hold, but then again, I bought the car to drive. I'm closing in on 9000 miles and several hundred of those around tracks. GREAT CARS!

I agree. I drive mine as well. Almost 20,000 miles

I was one of the 15 and I have number 300. So the numbers and build order are not related.

Tony

Tony,

Thank God I didn't pay the ransom to terrorist kidnappers, you escaped!

You are right, the SAI number, in most cases, has nothing to do with build sequence or the number produced. It could, but doesn't necessarially. It is just a number that they use to track your car through their system.

this is good info, I just got that magazine and am really thinking of doing mine. it only has 1000 miles on it so I think its worth it. what happens though if you already have some of the stuff thats in the package? do you get a bit of a discount?

They will give you credit for the engine caps I think... But not much more than that.

They will refund you for parts included in the package that you have already purchased, ONLY IF:

1) you purchased from Shelby parts only

2) you can provide a receipt showing what you paid

They deduct that amount from the total cost of the package. This was the deal when I did mine....but check with Cynthia or someone at SAI to confirm.

do you get to pick the stripe color/wheel finish? what are the options? mine is a triple black vert with white rocker stripes and I think black rims and tungsten stripes would be cool or black stripes. whats the hot ticket LOL

Stripes are only in Silver. Wheels choose from: Gunmetal, Black, Silver & Chrome.

Stripes are only in Silver. Wheels choose from: Gunmetal, Black, Silver & Chrome.

The choices for stripes are actually "SSSSS" (Special Shelby Satin Silver Stripes) or "SSSSS". If you push hard you can get "SSSSS" This stripe does look pretty good on every combination though. I have not heard one person with any color combination say their 40th Anniversary was ugly. :-) Most just look it at and say OMG!

I did not get credit for my engine caps, but got a whole new set in the trunk.

• 3 weeks later...
300 or 500 doesn't matter too much to me except that I may be able to do another one in the near future. These cars are just amazing after the conversion and I wouldn't have one any other way!! Yes, I use mine and the value may not hold, but then again, I bought the car to drive. I'm closing in on 9000 miles and several hundred of those around tracks. GREAT CARS!

I'm going to be on the track with mine for the first time next month. How does your car run on the track? Are you happy with the tires?

I'm going to be on the track with mine for the first time next month. How does your car run on the track? Are you happy with the tires?

Andy,

You'll be amazed at how the car handles compared to stock. It's amzing!!! The tires hold very well but it does depend on the temperatures of the track. Have fun, I can't wait to get back on again!

Andy,

You'll be amazed at how the car handles compared to stock. It's amzing!!! The tires hold very well but it does depend on the temperatures of the track. Have fun, I can't wait to get back on again!

Thanks

Archived