TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Best Friend In Need of Prayer

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh'man, this is bad news. I am so sorry.

Holy cow! I can't believe it.

He would email EVERYONE when he found a new product, TSB, fix, hint or anything. He would call often about parts, questions or to talk about new projects.

He will be missed.

Jay

I am so sorry to hear about Lamonte as this is very sad news, he sounded like a very cool guy. Everyday we are all learning that life is way too short, Appreciate, Respect and especially give Love to Everyone that steps into our lives. :grouphug: My deepest sympathies to his family. Lamonte you are in my thoughts and prayers rest in peace and God Bless You!!!! :angel:

This is heart wrenching to read about such a genuinely good person passing. I read every post and it filled my eyes with tears. When people care this much and talk like this about a person, it shows that they truely had a major impact on alot of people lives! Prayers and thoughts go out to the family.

Like so many here, I had the pleasure of meeting LaMonte and Sue at Shelby Fest this last spring. Both of them were warm, generous and kind. LaMonte contacted me as I was driving in from Colorado and told me to make sure I got ahold of him if I needed anything at all. Later, LaMonte invited me to join he and Sue and friends for dinner on Saturday night and really made me feel part of the group. LaMonte had the ability to make you feel like a long-time friend. The ultimate car guy and a great, great person. My heart goes out to Sue and the kids. Everyone who can, please donate to the fund, as its bad enough to lose a father and a husband without having money challenges as well.

Wes

hello, spent part of the day with sue and family they are doing ok but need alot of funds Lamonte did not have life insurance and the funeral parlor needed a deposit today for funeral, they are working on that. Looks like Serenity Funeral home in Belleville Il. their address is

Serenity Memorial Chapel LLC

3416 W Main Belville IL 62226

the wake will be from 10-12 am and the funeral will start at 12 sharp and then procede to Jefferson Barraks national Cemetary in Mo. for bural, their phone number is 618 233-6000

I was able to secure Lamonte car through my dad today so his memory will be around for along time.

Please make a donation for the family it doesn't matter how much even 5.00 without going in to detail the next few months will be needed, Thanks Mickey

P.S Please copy and past these arrangements on all your other sites and to all our freinds.

The date is ((((((Thursday Nov. 6th 2008)))))))))))))

hello, spent part of the day with sue and family they are doing ok but need alot of funds Lamonte did not have life insurance and the funeral parlor needed a deposit today for funeral, they are working on that. Looks like Serenity Funeral home in Belleville Il. their address is

Serenity Memorial Chapel LLC

3416 W Main Belville IL 62226

the wake will be from 10-12 am and the funeral will start at 12 sharp and then procede to Jefferson Barraks national Cemetary in Mo. for bural, their phone number is 618 233-6000

I was able to secure Lamonte car through my dad today so his memory will be around for along time.

Please make a donation for the family it doesn't matter how much even 5.00 without going in to detail the next few months will be needed, Thanks Mickey

P.S Please copy and past these arrangements on all your other sites and to all our freinds.

So sorry The date is (((((Thursday Nov. 6 2008))))))

..without going into all of the details, the funeral home and I have figured out a way that they are ok with accepting credit cards toward the deposit. I was not able to cover the whole amount unfortunately.

That/the deposit is the first and most urgent need right now. If you can, please give a call to the funeral home, and take a bit of stress off of LaMonte's family.

Call the funeral home directly (Serenity Memorial Chapel at 618.233.6000), and help out if you can. Meanwhile, check this out? A way to help out Lamont's survivors, and remember LSR's participation in our lives.

stangmafia.com/forum/f23/lsr-decals-1145/

Okay...I am told that I cannot post this link today. That's okay, 'cause any of you web savy owners will be able to hunt it down.

It's missing the "http://www." prefix. Go figure?

Please try...Anything at all y'all can do will be important here.

If I can get LuLu back in time, I'll be in Bellville, IL. for Lamont's services.

Think not about who we lost.

Think about who we enjoyed.

Y'all be safe.

Mac.

Call the funeral home directly (Serenity Memorial Chapel at 618.233.6000), and help out if you can. Meanwhile, check this out? A way to help out Lamont's survivors, and remember LSR's participation in our lives.

stangmafia.com/forum/f23/lsr-decals-1145/

Okay...I am told that I cannot post this link today. That's okay, 'cause any of you web savy owners will be able to hunt it down.

It's missing the "http://www." prefix. Go figure?

Please try...Anything at all y'all can do will be important here.

If I can get LuLu back in time, I'll be in Bellville, IL. for Lamont's services.

Think not about who we lost.

Think about who we enjoyed.

Y'all be safe.

Mac.

bump for a good cause

Here is a link to our pics from the Cobra Fest that LaMonte & COBRA Boy helped organize. The pics of LaMonte display his usual helpful and friendly spirit! Our thoughts and prayers are with all in this time of sorrow.

http://photo2.walgreens.com/thumbnailshare...977/t_=13009977

Linky no worky. Just goes to a Walgreens site.

You are correct about it being a Walgreens site. I just clicked on it & it showed an album of the Shelby Fest. Pls try again.

It wants my user name and password.

I'm not a wallgreens member and don't plan on joining.

As I read through this thread and got the the post about Lamonte passing away I had tears in my eyes and had that burning feeling inside. I've never met Lamonte but have only see him post. It's amazing how one can touch another persons life like that.

My thoughts and prayers go out to all of Lamonte's family and friends. I know he's in a better place right now and won't have to suffer from pain any longer.

I'll be headed to Sema next Tuesday. The last time I was there Carol Shelby was signing autographs at the Ford booth. Hopefully he'll be attending again. If so I'm going to bring a few things for him to sign and I'll list them on Ebay when we I get back. All of the proceeds of the auctions will be donated to Lamonte's FBO account to benefit his wife and children..

Mickey,

Thanks for keeping us up to date with Lamonte's condition. You are a good friend indeed and I'm sorry for your loss.

I to am very sadden by the Passing on Of LaMonte. I never new him Personaly But after reading from what others have said about Him I feel as I did know him. LaMonte will be missed by all big time. LaMonte was a man known by others by his Character and that character touched Everyone that new him and everyone that meet him even for the very first time. LaMonte had a heart of GOLD. LaMonte never meet anyone that he did not like. LaMonte was always there always willing to help anyone that needed help with anything. LaMonte Loved His wife more than silver or Gold she was the love of his Life. LaMonte loved His children very much and he only wanted the best for his kids. Lamonte never meet anyone that he did not like.LaMonte was LaMonte. LaMonte was a light to all that new him and respected him. LaMonte U will be missed by ALL.

Children of LaMonte hold you heads up your Daddy Loved you with ALL His heart with ALL his soul and with ALL his might. Cherrish the good times. Remember the times that you spent with your Dad. " never forget them" God Bless You and May God Give you the desires of your heart.May God give you Peace and Love and most of all the heart that your Daddy had. God Bless

Sue I have seen pictures on the forum of you and LaMonte.You made a awesome and powerful couple. Sue you have a awesome Love for this Man and you will never lose that love that you had for LaMonte.Remember the Bible says " when you find a wife you find a good thing" and when LaMonte found you It was love at first site. Sue be strong but Mourn when time permits. May God strenghthen you threw this May God take you by the hand and comfort you in this time May God give you the spirit of laughter when thinking about LaMonte of the Awesome times that you have had togeather and Mourn when times of lonelyness come. But always remember sue you are never alone threw this time God Is always there he is even closer than a brother, He will never leave you nor forsake you.When we are week then we are made strong. Sue Jesus has BIG shoulders to cry on and to lean on.Be strong in the Lord. God bless you KEEP THE FAITH

Mickey you where as a son to LaMonte. LaMonte had a special place in his Heart for you.LaMonte thought the world of you Mickey. Mickey LaMonte thanks you for being there for his family. Mickey thank you for your desire to do what needs to be done during these hard times. May God bless you and give you peace threw this.

TeamShelby was a place that LaMonte loved to come to. He loved the diffrent kinds of characters that R on these forums. LaMonte loved his shelby and he loved to talk to others about his car or other members cars. LaMonte was very smart and new his cars and was a fountain of Info and was glad to share it with anyone that wanted to listen. He loved His friends that he new on this forum. LaMonte loved his fellow friends on this forum that he never meet and only taled by post or phone calls. LaMonte would do anythng for a fellow car guy. We Love you LaMonte and will miss you. I need to turn my windsheild wipers on got to go :cry::cry:

Just a little of tidbit on Lamonte, he picked his screen LSR because it meant Lamonte Senior, you probalbly knew that . Mickey

Due to assocaited cost with the funeral as of 10 pm last night change in funeral plans and are final.

the change is Lamonte will be laid out at the church only, the church is Church Of The Living God at 8901 Pleasant View Drive, Farview Heights IL 62208 and their phone number is 618-394-8901. The funeral will be Thursday Nov 6, the wake will be from 10:00am til 12:00pm burial will follow. Later Mickey

Due to assocaited cost with the funeral as of 10 pm last night change in funeral plans and are final.

the change is Lamonte will be laid out at the church only, the church is Church Of The Living God at 8901 Pleasant View Drive, Farview Heights IL 62208 and their phone number is 618-394-8901. The funeral will be Thursday Nov 6, the wake will be from 10:00am til 12:00pm burial will follow. Later Mickey

So sorry for your loss.

My payers to your family.

I would like to get this out as many have asked us to do,

Good Morning all I would like to let everyone know that I just got an FBO account set up for Lamonte's wife and 2 children. They will need allot of help until the dust settles for them and this is the easiest way to help out.

First off The bank is GSC Federal Credit Union the address is

3970 Maryville RD

Granite City IL. 62040-9931

Checks can be sent there but must have in the payee line FBO Lamonte Morris

Second anyone can go directly too any GCS credit union and give them his Name Lamonte Morris and they can take the donation that way. account number not needed.

Third is you can make a check out to myself Mickey Holmes and put on the memo FBO LaMonte Morriss and send too

Mickey Holmes

2216 Lynch Ave

Granite City IL. 62040

I will take care of all the tax things for Sue and kids and keep all paper work for anyone who wants to personally audit the account. The only people who have access to the account is Myself and Sue

I will leave this account open for as long as they need it and donation come in. They all will greatly be appreciated and needed for awhile. Thanks In Advance Mickey and the Morriss Family, I tried to set up visa donations and they said it was like a cash advance and they cannot do it because of regulations and their are a ton of them. So let the donations begin.

Please cut and paste this info and post on all other sites you belong too, some I just don't have acccounts with yet so it would be easier.

Bumping for a good cause.

Archived