TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Best Friend In Need of Prayer

God speed Mr. Morris... thank you for touching so many "fellow enthusiasts" in your time with us. May his family feel God's strength in their time of sorrow, and also remind us that there truly is something much better waiting for all God's children.

Peace brother, peace.

Jeff Lacina

Olathe, KS

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Although I never had the chance to meet him .. I would just like to add ...Reading the responses here for a great friend sure makes me proud to be a Christian. Our hope in all this is that someone will see what LaMont already knew. Live your life today as its your last day for it could very well be. Go Rest High our friend. Gods peace is around you forever.. Thanks for all the responses. Makes me proud of all who are members of one of the finest clubs represented here. Your kind thoughts and prayers have touched this community. Continue to pray for the family at this time.

We could do something like this design. I used the red with white stripes to signify his car and there will be no black background. I could see how much it would cost to produce something like this and place it on the rear window on the left bottom so it's out of the way of your mirror. It probably should be about 3x6 or 4x8. That way we can all display his memory.

THATS A REAL NICE IDEA I am not around often but I thought I'd give a little helping hand. Not sure it's helpful, I just thought it appropriate, the edges could use a bit of refinement though .God Bless

post-7176-1225412908_thumb.png

post-7176-1225412908_thumb.png

Lamonte will be missed greatly in all aspects of many peoples lives. I met Lamonte on-line and then met Sue and Lamonte in person at Shelbyfest '08. We also had spent a bit of time in phone conversations and some private emails. I beleive we discussed everything from our Shelby's to jobs and even discussed Iraq a bit. I was so shocked and saddened at the news of his impending surgery, I was even dumbfounded when I then heard of his passing. I have nothing but respect for Lamonte and will miss him and my occaisional conversations with him. I did not take the time out for the summer Shelby get together or the fall cruise a couple of weeks back and now I regret that. If there is a underlying message here I believe it would be to live life to its fullest and not to put off until tomorrow the things that you can do today. For Sue and the rest of Lamonte's family, I hope the pain of your loss will be lessened by the affection and support you receive from the many friends You and LaMonte have within the Shelby Community. You will be in our thoughts and prayers. Sincerely rbrodder

THATS A REAL NICE IDEA I am not around often but I thought I'd give a little helping hand. Not sure it's helpful, I just thought it appropriate, the edges could use a bit of refinement though .God Bless

I was wanting it to be generic since he was a member at many boards. I don't think the RIP should be on there because as members fall in the sports arena, all they do is use the initials of that person. This would be the same concept. I'll open another thread for discussion on this and leave this for information and memories of LaMont.

I know these are trying times and prayers are our only source of making it through even though we don't always get the answer or outcome we want, As trying as this my heartbreak is nothing compared to the loss of a family member or loved one, lamonte has tought me to look at things in a different light through his spirital beliefs, Through all this, This morning while talking to Sue over arrangemnets my son called me on the other line and was crying, he said his friend Nichole called him at 2:30am and asked him to talk to her and her sister to keep them awake until they got home, Well it was an hour and half to his place or the same to hers so they kept on traveling. My son went to bed and fell asleep after hanging up with them and he got a call this morning and she fell asleep at the wheel 30 minutes later and head on into a semi. the where trapped in the car and the driver got out of his truck and could free her but was able to free her sister but shortly after the semi caught fire and the car too and she never made it out. My son is very distraought and needs prayer too. We never know what is around the corner and always think we can't things well until we hear of somoene elses trying times. This week is the most hardest thing I'm going through in 44 years my friend is gone and my son is 6 hours away and going throught the same thing I'm in. Only prayers and not to question Gods plan is my only strength tonight. I ask everyone to hold on what is there and apprecieate everything the have, Learn to slow down, listen,and be humble on their knees, becaues tomorrow may never come. God bless you all for hepling get throught this week, later Mickey

I know these are trying times and prayers are our only source of making it through even though we don't always get the answer or outcome we want, As trying as this my heartbreak is nothing compared to the loss of a family member or loved one, lamonte has tought me to look at things in a different light through his spirital beliefs, Through all this, This morning while talking to Sue over arrangemnets my son called me on the other line and was crying, he said his friend Nichole called him at 2:30am and asked him to talk to her and her sister to keep them awake until they got home, Well it was an hour and half to his place or the same to hers so they kept on traveling. My son went to bed and fell asleep after hanging up with them and he got a call this morning and she fell asleep at the wheel 30 minutes later and head on into a semi. the where trapped in the car and the driver got out of his truck and could free her but was able to free her sister but shortly after the semi caught fire and the car too and she never made it out. My son is very distraought and needs prayer too. We never know what is around the corner and always think we can't things well until we hear of somoene elses trying times. This week is the most hardest thing I'm going through in 44 years my friend is gone and my son is 6 hours away and going throught the same thing I'm in. Only prayers and not to question Gods plan is my only strength tonight. I ask everyone to hold on what is there and apprecieate everything the have, Learn to slow down, listen,and be humble on their knees, becaues tomorrow may never come. God bless you all for hepling get throught this week, later Mickey

My thoughts go out to you and everyone else. We all share a very common bond and we have met through this world of cars. You couldn't find a better class of people.. everyone prays with you Pete

Hello all team members I just wanted to say thanks from the family for all the kinds words!! I will print everyones in my e-mails and from here and give them to Sue his wife. I must now break the worst news of all, I spent 3 hours today with lamonte and told him about all the kind words, Me and his wife set him up wiped his eyes and kissed his head, The doctors at 1:04 declared my best friend and all that knew him that he was clinically brain dead. Funeral arrnagements are now being made and will post as soon as they are set, LaMonte was a real friend, His request was that his wife make sure that I get his shelby and today I honored that wish and made arrangement for that and Sue made me promise to take her on rides and His son gets it on Prom night senoir year. If they ever want car back they can have it back. He will be missed by all, Later Mickey :cry:

Rest assured, LaMonte is looking down at us not understanding why we mourn for him. For he is in Paradise now and surrounded with all that is love and happiness. My thoughts and prayers are with his family.

I just got home read my emails and saw this thread... I cried. Five years ago I learned that it was ok for men to cry when my only son died in a car accident, he was 21.

I am amazed at the caring people of faith in this community. God bless you all.

My deepest sympathies to LaMonte's family, friends and Mickey. I would like to share some words of comfort:

There are only questions and no answers except there is an appointed time when we are born and an appointed time when we die. Unfortunately we don't know that time. There was no other way for me to rationalize why my son was dead and I am alive when I was racing cars on the street since I was sixteen and he was just coming home. Hang on to your faith and God will give you peace and comfort more than you can comprehend, I promise you that. The strength of the people surrounding you will get you through...take one day at a time. I pray God gives you peace, comfort and strength.

Frank

I just got home read my emails and saw this thread... I cried. Five years ago I learned that it was ok for men to cry when my only son died in a car accident, he was 21.

My deepest sympathies to LaMonte's family, friends and Mickey. I would like to share some words of comfort:

There are only questions and no answers except there is an appointed time when we are born and an appointed time when we die. Unfortunately we don't know that time. There was no other way for me to rationalize why my son was dead and I am alive when I was racing cars on the street since I was sixteen and he was just coming home. Hang on to your faith and God will give you peace and comfort more than you can comprehend, I promise you that. The strength of the people surrounding you will get you through...take one day at a time. I pray God gives you peace, comfort and strength.

Frank

Frank

Frank

Frank,

Sorry to read here about Your Son.........

Also, just want to take a minute and say how Sorry I am for the Members here on this Forum that were Friends of the Fellow that Died.

I have NEVER Posted here but when I just read this Thread I just felt like saying something to everyone.

He certainly sounded like a Great Guy and will be Missed by the LaMonte's family, friends and Mickey..........

Terry (tigerhonaker)

Hello all, With Very heavy heart tonight I ask all to pray for our friend Lamonte Morriss Or AKA LSR on here, I just got off the phione with him and he has been Hospitlized for Brain Cancer coming from a sore or thought it was tooth!! He will undergo surgery Monday morning at Bellville Memorial Hopsital too see the the damage, it is very large tumor on the side of his brain but it is binign. Lamonte is a very good friend and has helped me and alot of people to get to Shelby fest in Herman MO. We hang out and talk about cars all the time and he and family are great people to know and now need our prayers to pull them through a rough time!!! All will be apreciated, Sorry about speeling but I'm at a loss of words for my friend tonight. Later Mickey

Our prayers go out to Lamonte and his family...may he recover at God's speed. You know Mickey it is very important that he keeps his spirits up as our bodies and recovery have a much better chance when we are feeling the FAITH! Thank you for letting us all know and be sure and let him know that he as someone from every State in our wonderful Country pulling for him...pretty powerfull stuff! This site is a a brother/sister hood.

God Bless All,

Steve

Our prayers go out to Lamonte and his family...may he recover at God's speed. You know Mickey it is very important that he keeps his spirits up as our bodies and recovery have a much better chance when we are feeling the FAITH! Thank you for letting us all know and be sure and let him know that he as someone from every State in our wonderful Country pulling for him...pretty powerfull stuff! This site is a a brother/sister hood.

God Bless All,

Steve

Steve,

Read the rest of the thread.

LSR didn't make it.

I think a good way for Team Shelby to honor Lamonte would be to place "LSR" on the Las Vegas bash door decals and/or fender stripes.

We are also going to contact every member of this board about the fund for his family.

That's awesome Robert, you are to be commended for your efforts, Thank you!

Lamonte will be missed greatly in all aspects of many peoples lives. I met Lamonte on-line and then met Sue and Lamonte in person at Shelbyfest '08. We also had spent a bit of time in phone conversations and some private emails. I beleive we discussed everything from our Shelby's to jobs and even discussed Iraq a bit. I was so shocked and saddened at the news of his impending surgery, I was even dumbfounded when I then heard of his passing. I have nothing but respect for Lamonte and will miss him and my occaisional conversations with him. I did not take the time out for the summer Shelby get together or the fall cruise a couple of weeks back and now I regret that. If there is a underlying message here I believe it would be to live life to its fullest and not to put off until tomorrow the things that you can do today. For Sue and the rest of Lamonte's family, I hope the pain of your loss will be lessened by the affection and support you receive from the many friends You and LaMonte have within the Shelby Community. You will be in our thoughts and prayers. Sincerely rbrodder

Very well said rb. You never know what is around the corner I promise you!

Mickey, we have never met, and I don't even know your screen name on here but man oh man If I were closer to you (geographically) I would find you and hug your neck as hard as it's ever been hugged, I know you are going thru some rough stuff, the only thing I can tell you is that you are being prayed for my friend as well as your loved ones. Just keep your head up and look to the LORD JESUS CHRIST and he will see all of you guys through this I promise you. Hang in there Dude. For the Lord is the only way to look in times like this.

PM sent. Hang in there.

lamonte , i never met you

but wish i did

you are one of those friends we all want want to have

but somehow slips away

i feel like i know you

just by listening to others

they were the lucky ones

but if only we knew

yes i am sad for we are only human

one day we will share the friendship that we never did

so long my friend

rest peacefully

ken

While I was reading this and replying to Mickey my daughter sent an email. I think I have to share it.

Especially the second to last paragraph.

For the record, my grandpa died after surgery from a brain tumor when I was about 6. I have one memory of him bouncing me on his knee. That's all.

Lucky Dog....

Anyone who has pets will really like this. You'll like it even if you don't and you may even decide you need one!

Mary and her husband Jim had a dog named 'Lucky.' Lucky was a real character. Whenever Mary and Jim had company come for a weekend visit they would warn their friends to not leave their luggage open because Lucky would help himself to whatever struck his fancy. Inevitably, someone would forget and something would come up missing.

Mary or Jim would go to Lucky's toy box in the basement and there the treasure would be, amid all of Lucky's other favorite toys. Lucky always stashed his finds in his toy box and he was very particular that his toys stay in the box.

It happened that Mary found out she had breast cancer. Something told her she was going to die of this disease . . . in fact, she was just sure it was fatal.

She scheduled the double mastectomy, fear riding her shoulders. The night before she was to go to the hospital she cuddled with Lucky. A thought struck her . . . what would happen to Lucky? Although the three-year-old dog liked Jim, he was Mary's dog through and through. If I die, Lucky will be abandoned, Mary thought. He won't understand that I didn't want to leave him. The thought made her sadder than thinking of her own death.

The double mastectomy was harder on Mary than her doctors had anticipated and Mary was hospitalized for over two weeks. Jim took Lucky for his evening walk faithfully, but the little dog just drooped, whining and miserable.

&nbs p; Finally the day came for Mary to leave the hospital. When she arrived home, Mary was so exhausted she couldn't even make it up the steps to her bedroom. Jim made his wife comfortable on the couch and left her to nap. Lucky stood watching Mary but he didn't come to her when she called. It made Mary sad but sleep soon overcame her and she dozed.

When Mary woke for a second she couldn't understand what was wrong. She couldn't move her head and her body felt heavy and hot. But panic soon gave way to laughter when Mary realized the problem. She was covered, literally blanketed, with every treasure Lucky owned! While she had slept, the sorrowing dog had made trip after trip to the basement bringing his beloved mistress all his favorite things in life. He had covered her with his love.

Mary forgot about dying. Instead she and Lucky began living again, wal king further and further together every day. It's been 12 years now and Mary is still cancer-free. Lucky? He still steals treasures and stashes them in his toy box but Mary remains his greatest treasure.

Remember . . . live every day to the fullest. Each minute is a blessing from God. And never forget . . . the people who make a difference in our lives are not the ones with the most credentials, the most money, or the most awards. They are the ones that care for us.

If you see someone without a smile today give them one of yours! Live simply. Love seriously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God

A small request: All you are asked to do is keep this circulating.

Dear God, I pray for the cure of cancer. Amen

All you are asked to do is keep this circulating Even if it's to one more person.

In memory of anyone you know that has been struck down by cancer or is still living with it.

While I was reading this and replying to Mickey my daughter sent an email. I think I have to share it.

Especially the second to last paragraph.

For the record, my grandpa died after surgery from a brain tumor when I was about 6. I have one memory of him bouncing me on his knee. That's all.

Lucky Dog....

Anyone who has pets will really like this. You'll like it even if you don't and you may even decide you need one!

Mary and her husband Jim had a dog named 'Lucky.' Lucky was a real character. Whenever Mary and Jim had company come for a weekend visit they would warn their friends to not leave their luggage open because Lucky would help himself to whatever struck his fancy. Inevitably, someone would forget and something would come up missing.

Mary or Jim would go to Lucky's toy box in the basement and there the treasure would be, amid all of Lucky's other favorite toys. Lucky always stashed his finds in his toy box and he was very particular that his toys stay in the box.

It happened that Mary found out she had breast cancer. Something told her she was going to die of this disease . . . in fact, she was just sure it was fatal.

She scheduled the double mastectomy, fear riding her shoulders. The night before she was to go to the hospital she cuddled with Lucky. A thought struck her . . . what would happen to Lucky? Although the three-year-old dog liked Jim, he was Mary's dog through and through. If I die, Lucky will be abandoned, Mary thought. He won't understand that I didn't want to leave him. The thought made her sadder than thinking of her own death.

The double mastectomy was harder on Mary than her doctors had anticipated and Mary was hospitalized for over two weeks. Jim took Lucky for his evening walk faithfully, but the little dog just drooped, whining and miserable.

&nbs p; Finally the day came for Mary to leave the hospital. When she arrived home, Mary was so exhausted she couldn't even make it up the steps to her bedroom. Jim made his wife comfortable on the couch and left her to nap. Lucky stood watching Mary but he didn't come to her when she called. It made Mary sad but sleep soon overcame her and she dozed.

When Mary woke for a second she couldn't understand what was wrong. She couldn't move her head and her body felt heavy and hot. But panic soon gave way to laughter when Mary realized the problem. She was covered, literally blanketed, with every treasure Lucky owned! While she had slept, the sorrowing dog had made trip after trip to the basement bringing his beloved mistress all his favorite things in life. He had covered her with his love.

Mary forgot about dying. Instead she and Lucky began living again, wal king further and further together every day. It's been 12 years now and Mary is still cancer-free. Lucky? He still steals treasures and stashes them in his toy box but Mary remains his greatest treasure.

Remember . . . live every day to the fullest. Each minute is a blessing from God. And never forget . . . the people who make a difference in our lives are not the ones with the most credentials, the most money, or the most awards. They are the ones that care for us.

If you see someone without a smile today give them one of yours! Live simply. Love seriously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God

A small request: All you are asked to do is keep this circulating.

Dear God, I pray for the cure of cancer. Amen

All you are asked to do is keep this circulating Even if it's to one more person.

In memory of anyone you know that has been struck down by cancer or is still living with it.

I posted this picture of LaMonte from the 2008 Shelbyfest in Hermann, MO in the other post.

LaMonte will be greatly missed..

Andy

08ShelbyFest17.jpg

Steve,

Read the rest of the thread.

LSR didn't make it.

I guess there was something telling me please don't die. Lamonte is now with the Lord in Heaven looking down at us...we will not forget you Lamonte and will help your family any way we can. Mickey I now realize that you have been hit with sadness. My heart goes out to you and your family. For all of you, if you need anything PM and I will do what I can do to help. May God be with you.

Steve

I am not sure how I missed this thread, but it was heart breaking to read it. My heart goes out to LSR's family, and may he rest peacefully. I never did meet him, but anything like this is hard to hear about. I hope the cruise is done in tribute to him, it would be a great way to honor him.

Archived