TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Best Friend In Need of Prayer

Good morning all, I would like to pass on some info too you. Lamonte is having an autospy in St.Loius Mo. then the funeral arrangemnets will be made. This is a very tough time for His wife Sue. I have made arrangemnents to take care of his car and Sue told us that a tribute would be fine and they have 2 children one a girl in sophmore year of college 20 years old and Lamonte Jr. is 14. Sue will only be able to maintain her home for a couple of months and will sell out because of loss of income and all. I'm still in shock!! I worked mids and have been up since 3 pm Monday, emotional drained and phsysically.

Sue and Lamonte Morris address is

2701 Pipers Ct.

Belleville Il. 62221

As soon as I get funeral arrangemnets I will post for all you, and Thanks SO MUCH for all your kind words for his family. Later Mickey :cry:

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel like I have been hit in the mouth with a bat! I had the chance to become really good friends with LaMonte, Susan and Jr. They are some of the most genuine people I have ever met in my life. Some family of mine live close to LaMonte and Susan so we would meet up when we could. LaMonte helped me so much with all the problems I had with my Shelby. Although we were complete strangers just talking on this site, he still went out of his way to help. My wife and I are both police officers in Ohio (13 yrs now) and rarely get to interact with the good people of society any more. When my wife and I finally met LaMonte and Susan face to face it was such a relief. There is no way any one could guess that these people could be so kind. We had SOOOO much in common and talked for hours. My wife is a Sheriff's Deputy and Susan works as a nurse in a prison, so of course they swapped stories for hours as well. I have several pictures that I need to scan in and get posted. Thank you from the bottom of my heart LaMonte for being you! I thank the lord for allowing me the opportunity to meet such a great man, father and friend.

I would like to get this out as many have asked us to do,

Good Morning all I would like to let everyone know that I just got an FBO account set up for Lamonte's wife and 2 children. They will need allot of help until the dust settles for them and this is the easiest way to help out.

First off The bank is GSC Federal Credit Union the address is

3970 Maryville RD

Granite City IL. 62040-9931

Checks can be sent there but must have in the payee line FBO Lamonte Morris

Second anyone can go directly too any GCS credit union and give them his Name Lamonte Morris and they can take the donation that way. account number not needed.

Third is you can make a check out to myself Mickey Holmes and put on the memo FBO LaMonte Morriss and send too

Mickey Holmes

2216 Lynch Ave

Granite City IL. 62040

I will take care of all the tax things for Sue and kids and keep all paper work for anyone who wants to personally audit the account. The only people who have access to the account is Myself and Sue

I will leave this account open for as long as they need it and donation come in. They all will greatly be appreciated and needed for awhile. Thanks In Advance Mickey and the Morriss Family, I tried to set up visa donations and they said it was like a cash advance and they cannot do it because of regulations and their are a ton of them. So let the donations begin.

Please cut and paste this info and post on all other sites you belong too, some I just don't have acccounts with yet so it would be easier.

Good Morning all I would like to let everyone know that I just got an FBO account set up for Lamonte's wife and 2 children. They will need allot of help until the dust settles for them and this is the easiest way to help out.

First off The bank is GSC Federal Credit Union the address is

3970 Maryville RD

Granite City IL. 62040-9931

Checks can be sent there but must have in the payee line FBO Lamonte Morris

Second anyone can go directly too any GCS credit union and give them his Name Lamonte Morris and they can take the donation that way. account number not needed.

Third is you can make a check out to myself Mickey Holmes and put on the memo FBO LaMonte Morriss and send too

Mickey Holmes

2216 Lynch Ave

Granite City IL. 62040

I will take care of all the tax things for Sue and kids and keep all paper work for anyone who wants to personally audit the account. The only people who have access to the account is Myself and Sue

I will leave this account open for as long as they need it and donation come in. They all will greatly be appreciated and needed for awhile. Thanks In Advance Mickey and the Morriss Family, I tried to set up visa donations and they said it was like a cash advance and they cannot do it because of regulations and their are a ton of them. So let the donations begin.

Please cut and paste this info and post on all other sites you belong too, some I just don't have acccounts with yet so it would be easier.

Thanks Mickey - posted to the Stang Mafia.com this morning after your e-mail. LaMonte will be our November "Family Member of the Month" as well. It's not much but this way he stays part of our family for ever and there is a sticky with instructions for the donations as above. Best Regards!

Mickey Holmes

2216 Lynch Ave

Granite City IL. 62040

Thank you for setting this up Mickey. Chose the third.

My continued prayers and condolences to the family.

A saddened Team Member....

Rick

I think a good way for Team Shelby to honor Lamonte would be to place "LSR" on the Las Vegas bash door decals and/or fender stripes.

We are also going to contact every member of this board about the fund for his family.

This would be a very good tribute to our family member. Shelby's were a huge part of Lamonte's pleasures in this life and I know he is smiling down on this idea. Let's honor our lost TS family member in a way that speaks volumes. Helping Sue in her time of need will be a great gesture from us all.

I think a good way for Team Shelby to honor Lamonte would be to place "LSR" on the Las Vegas bash door decals and/or fender stripes.

We are also going to contact every member of this board about the fund for his family.

Excellent idea Robert..... Maybe a photo with an inscription with a link to the fund on the forum pages next to the adds on the top right or left side of the page.

This would be a great Start.....How about working to provide something similar for "Shelbyfest" in Hemann, MO as that was close to his home and where a number of us (myself included) met LSR in person the first time. Sadly it is also the last place I saw him and will in my mind an many others always be associated with LSR. I know Kyle will likely try to incorporate something into the event for him as well but anything that can be done around that event as an annual remembrance to LaMonte would be a great thing IMO.

I know I am not alone when I say a sincere thank you for your efforts.

This would be a great Start.....How about working to provide something similar for "Shelbyfest" in Hemann, MO as that was close to his home and where a number of us (myself included) met LSR in person the first time. Sadly it is also the last place I saw him and will in my mind an many others always be associated with LSR. I know Kyle will likely try to incorporate something into the event for him as well but anything that can be done around that event as an annual remembrance to LaMonte would be a great thing IMO.

I know I am not alone when I say a sincere thank you for your efforts.

What about naming the "Cruise" part of the drive (that LaMonte spearheaded last year, if I remember correctly) that started in the St Louis area and ended at Hermann Ford on Sat Morning... Call it the "LSR Run" or the "LaMonte Run"...

Or if everyone spending Sat Night in the area wants to get together on Sunday AM for Breakfast down by the river (I'll Buy :happy feet: ~ Actually I'll provide the meal for everyone who want to attend/participate)... And then take a short cruise (approx 50 miles) as an entire group around the Hermann Area before we all part ways on Sunday Afternoon...

post-8727-1225398802_thumb.png

EDIT = If this happens, then I'll need to ride "shotgun" with someone (BadCat are you listening???) during the Cruise :shift:

Since I'll have to leave my SGT at home and bring my work truck & trailer with all my cooking equipment instead...

Let me know!

Gregg

07SGT0547

Mickey,

Let his family know he had board friends from all the way up North in Canada....please pass on our condolences and let her know her husband helped alot of people, including myself his sense of humour will be missed!

I only knew him on the boards but a great help to be sure, he will be missed!

wow this all seems so sudden haven't been on the boards in some time, and I just can't believe it....

Our prayers go out the the family!

Requis

That would be a great thing to do :)

thanks Guys, Looking like funeral will be thursday the 6th, he will then be taken to Jefferson barraks cemetary for bural, he will have a shelby procession for sure!! I will take his car and have sue and kids if she wants for last cruise with him before saying goodbye for now . I will bring his car to Herman, I'm also working on funding our trip to vegas and will toast with you guys to Lamonte in January!! I'm really gonna miss em!!!!!!!!!!!!! later mickey

As did many, I too only knew LSR through his posts. Life at times can take a wicked turn even with the best of people.

Lamonte ... you may be gone but your not fogotten.

My prayers and best wishes to the family

I didn't know Lamonte. I never met him. But I've been around the car community to know that cars are one thing that bind all races, religions, and ideas together because our love of cars trancend all. I'm positive that he was one of those kind hearted car guys that was always looking to help other car guys and could spend hours upon hours of talking about or working on anything car related.

May he rest in peace and my condolences to the family! Take care of that Shelby and pass it to his son one day!

Ladis

thanks Guys, Looking like funeral will be thursday the 6th, he will then be taken to Jefferson barraks cemetary for bural, he will have a shelby procession for sure!! I will take his car and have sue and kids if she wants for last cruise with him before saying goodbye for now . I will bring his car to Herman, I'm also working on funding our trip to vegas and will toast with you guys to Lamonte in January!! I'm really gonna miss em!!!!!!!!!!!!! later mickey

Mickey,

Please post the times and addresses if & when you get a chance... As it happens, I am traveling thru St Louis on my way to Nashville on the 6th... If I can make it, I will surely do what I can to be there :shift: ... THANKS!

Gregg

07SGT0547

What about naming the "Cruise" part of the drive (that LaMonte spearheaded last year, if I remember correctly) that started in the St Louis area and ended at Hermann Ford on Sat Morning... Call it the "LSR Run" or the "LaMonte Run"...

Or if everyone spending Sat Night in the area wants to get together on Sunday AM for Breakfast down by the river (I'll Buy :happy feet: ~ Actually I'll provide the meal for everyone who want to attend/participate)... And then take a short cruise (approx 50 miles) as an entire group around the Hermann Area before we all part ways on Sunday Afternoon...

EDIT = If this happens, then I'll need to ride "shotgun" with someone (BadCat are you listening???) during the Cruise :shift:

Since I'll have to leave my SGT at home and bring my work truck & trailer with all my cooking equipment instead...

Let me know!

Gregg

07SGT0547

Kyle and I were talking about a cruise for Shelby Fest before the turn of events with LaMont. I was trying to plan a 28 mile cruise that included stopping by the Starkenburg Shrine.

Here is the route:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&saddr=...e=UTF8&z=12

Here is the Shrine:

http://www.historicshrine.org/ShrineOurLadySorrows.htm

I never met LaMonte personally. We talked on the phone several times and set some pm's. He was truly a Gifted man in the thinking department and help dish out some good knowledge to everyone he spoke with.

Prayer's sent and Money ( I don't like calling it a Donation) to help his family in this time of need.

I truly know how his family feels as My family has lost 4 people in the last 3 weeks and it is Tough!!!!!

We could do something like this design. I used the red with white stripes to signify his car and there will be no black background. I could see how much it would cost to produce something like this and place it on the rear window on the left bottom so it's out of the way of your mirror. It probably should be about 3x6 or 4x8. That way we can all display his memory.

post-8484-1225408211_thumb.jpg

post-8484-1225408211_thumb.jpg

Archived