TEAM SHELBY FORUM

POLL: Who’s tired of the Political threads on this site?

Please vote - Who’s tired of the Political threads on this site?  

154 members have voted

1. 1. Who?s tired of the Political threads on this site?

• YES - I?m tired of them
    • NO - I like reading them

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am undecided which way to vote. Can we start a thread so someone can tell me the particulars and then maybe I might be able to make a decision?

Straddling the fence is hurting my frank and beans so please hurry!

"FLIP A COIN AND BE HAPPY"???????????? :hysterical:

The basic tenant of this poll and the questions are biased! If yes, it's simple. If no, then you must like to reply. What about the "silent minority" that likes the threads but don't want to reply?

:hysterical: :happy feet: :headscratch:

J/K

The basic tenant of this poll and the questions are biased! If yes, it's simple. If no, then you must like to reply. What about the "silent minority" that likes the threads but don't want to reply?

:hysterical: :happy feet: :headscratch:

J/K

Let's get all hung up on the wording now shall we.... the question is still the same

Who’s tired of the Political threads on this site?

YES or NO

I am so seriously tired of them that I am on the verge of taking a timeout from the site until the elections are over. That may not mean a hill of beans to the rest of you, but it bothers me because I really enjoy hanging out here.

This is a car site that is supposedly dedicated to all things Shelby and how they relate to high performance cars in general. I/we will be bombarded by the political rhetoric over the next 50 days or so, and I would really like this site to return to being an oasis from that crap.

Oh, by the way and for the record, there is nothing that anyone can post or say about either candidate that will convince me to follow their way of thinking, and the decision that I make on who I vote for come November will be my own and no one else’s and based on my own personal and extensive research about each canididate. In fact, the more propaganda that a person posts about the candidate that THEY BELIEVE will be the best canididate does in fact make me look at the other canididate more closely and with broader respect.

But do you want to know what seriously concerns me the most about this election? As I have stated here before, it's the amount of media sheep that exsist in this country that will blindly go forth this November and vote for their candidate solely based on two page blogs and five minute news bites on the 5PM news because they have gotten to lazy to find out more about the two canididates as well as their running mates.

For goodness sake, be a Sheephearder; not one of the sheep.

In closing, I would like to also add that I have poked around a few of the other club sites (Corvette, Porsche, Ferrari, etc.) and none of those folks have a need to bring their political beliefs, issues, and canididate concerns to those sites; they just talk about their cars.

Since this seems to be a hot topic lets see who's tired of them. It's one thing to consitantly be bombarded on TV with Political TV ADS but do we really need it here too?

Your kidding right .... the TS forum is my #1 source for political news! :hysterical:

I am so seriously tired of them that I am on the verge of taking a timeout from the site until the elections are over. That may not mean a hill of beans to the rest of you, but it bothers me because I really enjoy hanging out here.

This is a car site that is supposedly dedicated to all things Shelby and how they relate to high performance cars in general. I/we will be bombarded by the political rhetoric over the next 50 days or so, and I would really like this site to return to being an oasis from that crap.

Oh, by the way and for the record, there is nothing that anyone can post or say about either candidate that will convince me to follow their way of thinking, and the decision that I make on who I vote for come November will be my own and no one else’s and based on my own personal and extensive research about each canididate. In fact, the more propaganda that a person posts about the candidate that THEY BELIEVE will be the best canididate does in fact make me look at the other canididate more closely and with broader respect.

But do you want to know what seriously concerns me the most about this election? As I have stated here before, it's the amount of media sheep that exsist in this country that will blindly go forth this November and vote for their candidate solely based on two page blogs and five minute news bites on the 5PM news because they have gotten to lazy to find out more about the two canididates as well as their running mates.

For goodness sake, be a Sheephearder; not one of the sheep.

In closing, I would like to also add that I have poked around a few of the other club sites (Corvette, Porsche, Ferrari, etc.) and none of those folks have a need to bring their political beliefs, issues, and canididate concerns to those sites; they just talk about their cars.

+1000 Enis, very well stated my friend

Maybe the site managers could create a special elite political section. They could charge big bucks just to enter. If Obama wins, and taxes the crap out of everyone, then nobody could afford it. If McCain wins, and the rich get richer, then the conservatives would have the site all to themselves.

as much as I may like the photo we do have 14 year old kids running lose on the site & this might not be acceptable in their parents eyes. good form though...

Coldy, even I do not refer to the liberals as 14 year olds running loose on the site!!!!!!!!! You should be ashamed. Where is a moderator when you need one. They are never there when you need them!!!

Coldy, even I do not refer to the liberals as 14 year olds running loose on the site!!!!!!!!! You should be ashamed. Where is a moderator when you need one. They are never there when you need them!!!

Hes not refering to liberals. My son (96 Black Pony) turned 14 yesterday and is a member here on the site. He's also a Mustang owner.

Archived