TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Clark's SGT/SC

pottydr

Jim's car is very nice. I had the opportunity to take a ride in it while I was visiting San Diego this past week. Now I want to get my car supercharged!!!!

That's what happens! Jim................ :devil:

Jim's car is very nice. I had the opportunity to take a ride in it while I was visiting San Diego this past week. Now I want to get my car supercharged!!!!

Chris is being too humble. He was with me the first time (and only time so far) that I got into boost. He says to me, "I think ShelbyPilot said something about the boost gauge never moving so he replaced it with an oil temperature gauge." I said there was only one way to find out (his plan all along, I'm sure) so we find a freeway on ramp and . . . well, let's just say the boost gauge moves.

You have to appreciate something else about Chris -- this guy is an honest to goodness bull rider in Texas. Luckily, we were not in a hurry when we ate dinner so he had time to list for me all the bones he has broken, some more than once.

Thanks, Chris, for helping me break it in. Enjoyed your visit greatly.

Jim

The short story is that I closed the garage last night at 10:50 p.m. and, for the first time in six months, the car was in it. It is scheduled to go in on Monday to have the AP Racing brakes, the Fays2 Watts Link and the GT500 wheels and tires added. I should have it back next Thursday. At that point it will be ready for some photos.

I have only about 50 miles on it post S/C. I must say the polished KB is very nice looking. Took it to boost one time (highway on ramp) and was impressed. Not so much by the power (there is plenty) but by how smoothly it was delivered. And the sound of the KB . . . unlike anything I have ever heard. Just surreal and in a very, very good way.

Honesly, after 6 months apart, it was just nice to be back driving it. Thanks to all of you who held my hand while it was gone. Special thanks to Bud to whom I owe an apology for my somewhat strident tone in the last week. One thing I can say without reservation is this: When the disaster with the Paxton S/Cs happened, SAI promised they would do right by me and they did.

Jim

what kinda disaster? :huh:

what kinda disaster? :huh:

The "disaster" was the news that the 2008 Paxton did not have C.A.R.B. certification. Month after month it was going to happen "soon." In the end, Paxton advised that it would be early 2009 before certification would happen. When Paxton shared that, SAI got together with Kenne Bell and came up with the package I have. I just was never a Whipple fan but only because, in my little pea brain, the Whipple belonged to the GT500. The Kenne Bell, however, is something that is only on the GT500 in Super Snake trim (which is post production for the GT500). So I figured the KB would be okay for my post production SGT. The Paxton is still the same great unit and it was only the government issues that turned me away. I still like the Paxton with the SGT for the historical part of it and, as LuLu says, which power adder (S/C) you choose is not the biggest deal in the world as they all make tons of horse power.

Jim

Jim,

Congratulations!!!!! Glad you finally got your car home. For a while there I thought you were going to have to wait longer than we did. I think we still beat by a few weeks. I agree about the wait, it's still worth it. Would have loved to see the look on your face, the first time you put your foot in it. :happy feet: Enjoy your new found power. You can drive it like you stole it after you get the new brakes. Still waiting for pics of the completed car with wheels and brakes. :waiting:

Talk to you soon

Jim,

Congratulations!!!!! Glad you finally got your car home. For a while there I thought you were going to have to wait longer than we did. I think we still beat by a few weeks. I agree about the wait, it's still worth it. Would have loved to see the look on your face, the first time you put your foot in it. :happy feet: Enjoy your new found power. You can drive it like you stole it after you get the new brakes. Still waiting for pics of the completed car with wheels and brakes. :waiting:

Talk to you soon

Thanks, Dave. I dropped it off late this afternoon for the brakes and Watts Link. I should have it back later this week. And, you know the look on my face the first time I put my foot in it 'cause it's the same one on your face each time you put your foot in yours. :D

Jim

Archived