TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Mufflerless!

There is a distinct possibility that it may not be legal, depending upon your location!

Note however, that removing the muffler does NOT involve removing the catalytic converters - THAT would be illegal for street use!

Though I have now returned to stock mufflers, I can say that mufflerless sounds great!

In my case, what brought me back to stock was a persistent whine from a certain passenger that only went away when I put the mufflers back on!

Sam

AKA:

LMAO!!!! :hysterical2::hysterical2::hysterical2:

FYI

I recently purchased an Off Road X-Pipe with High Flow Cats as an option. I installed the mod without the cats and the car sounded awesome! However, I had the same "persistant whine" due to the fumes, so I installed the High Flow Cats. It sounds much better than the stock cats.

Just an option.

There is a distinct possibility that it may not be legal, depending upon your location!

Note however, that removing the muffler does NOT involve removing the catalytic converters - THAT would be illegal for street use!

Though I have now returned to stock mufflers, I can say that mufflerless sounds great!

In my case, what brought me back to stock was a persistent whine from a certain passenger that only went away when I put the mufflers back on!

Sam

AKA:

AHHH unless you live somewhere that has no inspection or your car was built prior to noise restriction laws there is a degree of illegality involved in exhaust mufflers. Noise abatment laws are at the discretion of the ticketing law enforcement officer. If your officer thinks the sound is cool your ok, if he thinks its loud your getting a ticket and if he's a smart cookie and looks under the rear and notices no mufflers your getting a bigger ticket. No matter what the sound of your car is a personal preference ticketed or unticketed. Your choice. As someone noted earlier in the thread keep your foot out of it in town or near a man wearing a badge.

Archived