TEAM SHELBY FORUM

'07-'08 differences

markhudd

Boy, you opened up a big can of worms with this one. :finger::hysterical:

Yep....you can't recan an open can of worms either!!! Another point is the harmonic balance is lighter....which offsets the brakes hanging up as someone thinks! I think the lighter weight '08's, due to balancer, are faster than stock '07's. C'mon now....its Newtons law of physics....he looks at weight in one of those equations. :hysterical: You guys are easy to wind up!!! :slapfight:

I talked to a guy with an 08 at a car show the other night who said he has an option if he goes into the set up button to turn the supercharger 'ON' or 'OFF'. He didn't have the car there for me to confirm this but he sounded genuine. He said that when he first got the car it seemed sluggish but after he read the manual and changed this option if really came alive. He advised it has something to do with the SVT light being on or off and it can be used for valet parking or lending to your teenager etc. I suggested that in my 07 the SVT light is simply a shift point option and that the GT500's have a chip that will not allow the car full power until it has been driven several miles. He insists that he has this option, can anyone confirm or disprove this? My Ford dealer hasn't heard of it, but that doesn't surprise me since they thought the GT500's came from the Las Vegas Shelby plant until I told them otherwise.

I have an '08 GT500, no such thing, the S/C Off/On toggle bit.

What they *may* have been referring to, however unlikely is the following:

The factory ships the car with a down tune (alternate PCM Calibration), that has to be cleared by the dealer, as part of pre-delivery prep. Involves disconnecting the minus (-) lead on the battery for at least 10 seconds, reconnecting(torque properly 44Lbs.), turn ignition to ON position(DO NOT START!), and then OFF. That's it. It's referred to as J10 Reset Calibration procedure, 100-06A-9 from the Pre-delivery -Passenger and Light Truck- manual. See attachment.

PCM_Reset_Shelby_2.pdf

PCM_Reset_Shelby_2.pdf

Maybe there is the S/C button option where the start button is located. I know when the up arrow in my car comes on, I thought it meant to put the pedal to the metal. I had no idea I was supposed to shift.

passenger: 'What's the red button do'

driver: 'Don't touch the red button'

passenger: 'Why not?!'

driver: 'Don't touch the red button........'

:hysterical:

I was wondering what the differences are between the '07 and '08 Shelby GT500? I still have an untrained eye. I know the HID headlamps are a new option on the '08's, right? I would also like some feedback on keeping the Shelby as stock and original as possible vs. modifications while trying to retain it's value for the future. Thanks.

Mark

at first when everyone thought the gt 500 was going to be a two year car. my thought was keep it original. at the shelby meet in tulsa there were too many gt 500's to count. and only more to be made for 2009, my thought changed. i have since painted my side mirrors to match the car. vista blue, installed the kr short throw shifter w/ford racing cue ball. next is steeda cold air w/tune and new mufflers. then i may change the lower control arms. but everything i have done can be put back to stock in a matter of hours. :happy feet: i am all for mods mods mods.

:shift: Biggest difference the 07 is the 40th anniversery gt 500- 08 and 09s are model changes . they are model changes not differences-but call them what you want- if you change something from an 07 to an 08 it is to have the 08s model change- would you not agree? You must have an original before you can have a copy or a change. rs

:shift: Biggest difference the 07 is the 40th anniversery gt 500- 08 and 09s are model changes . they are model changes not differences-but call them what you want- if you change something from an 07 to an 08 it is to have the 08s model change- would you not agree? You must have an original before you can have a copy or a change. rs

ROGER THAT!

I don't know if this is a model year difference, or simply due to the HID headlights, but a bunch of us were at a local hangout recently, my '08 and a couple of '07s. When we unlocked our doors with our fobs getting ready to leave, both '07 cars headlights came on. My foglights came on. Do '08 cars without HID headlights do this?

I'm guessing it's likely only the HID cars that have the fogs light up, but it's also possible that they have all '08+ cars do that for simplicity.

I don't know if this is a model year difference, or simply due to the HID headlights, but a bunch of us were at a local hangout recently, my '08 and a couple of '07s. When we unlocked our doors with our fobs getting ready to leave, both '07 cars headlights came on. My foglights came on. Do '08 cars without HID headlights do this?

I'm guessing it's likely only the HID cars that have the fogs light up, but it's also possible that they have all '08+ cars do that for simplicity.

Wish I could answer that. Since I bought mine in May this year, I still haven't seen another one on the road. I guess living in the boonies has its disadvantages. :cry:

.........I'm guessing it's likely only the HID cars that have the fogs light up.....

That's affirmative. Only cars with the HID's will have their fog lamps come on. My '08 (without HID's) have the headlamps turn on.

Howdy all - got my '08 a few months ago... there was something mentioned earlier about a s/c toggle?... which is inaccurate. There is a mode that you can put the navigation system in so that the valet's can't screw/access anything. The driver would have to put in an access code to bring everything back up. It's the subtleties in this car that are coming alive. :-)

The 2008+ models have felt-lined weather strips for the windows to prevent scratching any aftermarket installed window tint. I replaced the weatherstrips in my 2007 with those available for the 2008 just for that purpose.

This I didn't know...

And hey do the windows on the '07's dip when you close the door, and then seel up?

The 2008+ models have felt-lined weather strips for the windows to prevent scratching any aftermarket installed window tint. I replaced the weatherstrips in my 2007 with those available for the 2008 just for that purpose.

Now that is interesting. I did not know that, thanks for the info. Do you by any chance have part numbers for the 08 weather strips?

Glad I have held off on the tint. Thanks

Now that is interesting. I did not know that, thanks for the info. Do you by any chance have part numbers for the 08 weather strips?

Glad I have held off on the tint. Thanks

See my post #7 in this thread for part numbers.

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php...amp;hl=moleskin

Some folks have been applying moleskin on their strips but mine had that applied when I removed them to replace. The dealer must have applied it prior to tinting the windows - the felt was starting to come off along the edges plus my tint was stll streaking regardless of the moleskin. I think some of the adhesive was streaking the tint. I don't have any more issues since replacing the weather strips.

Does anyone know what the base price was for a 07 coupe and vert?

I was wondering how many prices increases Ford has had.

These are my figures

Base price 40.930

Gas guzzlers tax 1.300

Upgrades:

Sirius Sat radio 195

GT500 Premier Trim 595

Shaker 1000 1.295

Dest & Delivery 745

Total 45.060

I have an '08 GT500, no such thing, the S/C Off/On toggle bit.

What they *may* have been referring to, however unlikely is the following:

The factory ships the car with a down tune (alternate PCM Calibration), that has to be cleared by the dealer, as part of pre-delivery prep. Involves disconnecting the minus (-) lead on the battery for at least 10 seconds, reconnecting(torque properly 44Lbs.), turn ignition to ON position(DO NOT START!), and then OFF. That's it. It's referred to as J10 Reset Calibration procedure, 100-06A-9 from the Pre-delivery -Passenger and Light Truck- manual. See attachment.

This brings me to a question about "high idle". When my car is cold started it holds a pretty high idle compared to what I am used to. I think it up like 1500RPM for about 15-20 seconds. Then it drops down to normal. Is this normal or do everybody elses cars simply start and settle right into final idle?

normal to me- these car have a motorized throttle control cable and are odd to someone who is used to direct response- turn the air on and you may have enough rpm to do a burnout- just kidding but the throttle system is weird. You do not get throttle drop as soon as you get off the throttle- it drops safely but not quickly like the cars of the past- even on the track when you shift quickly you do not lose nearly as much rpm as the old carburated cars- it takes some getting used of but does not hurt anything- give it a rev and it will drop down but not quickly nor immediate- rs

This brings me to a question about "high idle". When my car is cold started it holds a pretty high idle compared to what I am used to. I think it up like 1500RPM for about 15-20 seconds. Then it drops down to normal. Is this normal or do everybody elses cars simply start and settle right into final idle?

It's normal. They all do that. Let it warm for those 15 seconds before you drive off.

Archived