TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Non SVT/Non PA dealership orders

rmustgt

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HSURB,

The only updates I get now are from CS. I call them everyday Morning, Noon & Evening (almost 8 pm before they close) to see if their has been any new info added into the system. I think I'm stuck at maximum RPM for PSDS.

On Saturday, I was in town doing many little things & cruised the lot several times just looking for a sign of it. I even went out of town for dinner & checked at 4:30 pm & again on my way home at 10:45 pm just to know if it came in while I was gone

:sos: You are going to have to consider cooling it a bit or somebody is likely to call the police just on general principles. :wacko: :hysterical: I remember being excited and all in the past with new cars, but you folks are raising this to a real disease. Its kind of scary in a way.

I can see it now, "Honey, I'm going to take the dog for a run.

But dear, we don't have a dog...?

O.K. I'll get one of those too." :hysterical2:

Coupe or Convertible?

What build date & options?

Coldwater:

It was a coupe with the stripes. It had all options except the red seat inserts.

It was to be built the week of October 16th. It shows a delivery to dealer of November 3rd as of Friday, October 27th.

hsurb

Coldwater:

It was a coupe with the stripes. It had all options except the red seat inserts.

It was to be built the week of October 16th. It shows a delivery to dealer of November 3rd as of Friday, October 27th.

hsurb

That's the same week mine was built. So more than likely it has already had the stripes put on & is waiting to be shipped out just like mine. Don't expect it a day or 2 early before NOV 3rd ( and I thought I had it bad :hysterical: ) ....this rarely happens from what others have said on this board. Put you mind at ease & say to yourself....As long as it's here by Thanksgiving then I have plenty to be thankful for. :party:

It will come grasshopper, it will come. :hysterical:

Hey guys!! (Coldwater,hsurb,svtbird) Does anybody think there is any validity to what my dealer told me Friday. "all Shelbys are on a quality hold". I know I've asked this question several times this weekend, but I haven't gotten a clear opinion from anyone yet. Any opinions/ideas????

Hey guys!! (Coldwater,hsurb,svtbird) Does anybody think there is any validity to what my dealer told me Friday. "all Shelbys are on a quality hold". I know I've asked this question several times this weekend, but I haven't gotten a clear opinion from anyone yet. Any opinions/ideas????

I have not heard anything to indicate this other than what you have reported. This type of hold up is not unusual though if a quality control issue comes up.

Sorry nothing definitive.

I look at it this way if this is the case:

(1) Ford wants to resolve the problem quickly and properly. (quality is job 1 )

(2) They don't want all these cars hanging around ,its costing them money.

(3) I don't want the car until it is right ( I hate dealing with the dealers service dept)

In the mean time I will keep myself busy doing things to keep my mind off it .

Sorry Rob I hadn't replied yet. I got a Tungsten coupe with the over the top stripe delete, red interior, Sirius, GT500 Premier trim, 20.6 miles on it at delivery yesterday, and about 13 miles on it when it came off the truck, Thursday. About 250 miles on it now!!

Enjoy the ride my friend. :shift: Be careful and have FUN. Post up some photos when you get some time. :rockon:

Sorry Rob I hadn't replied yet. I got a Tungsten coupe with the over the top stripe delete, red interior, Sirius, GT500 Premier trim, 20.6 miles on it at delivery yesterday, and about 13 miles on it when it came off the truck, Thursday. About 250 miles on it now!!

Please post photos! I need to see your car to keep me going, I have the same disease all the others have around here. What was your build date? Curious If the stripe delete option speeds anything up (wishful thinking huh). Enjoy your machine while I and many other can only E-joy ours. :tequila:

I ordered from a Non SVT/Non PA dealership and I now have my car.

Ordered: 3-24-06

Vin: 7-21-06

Built: 8-14-06

Released: 8-21-06

ON HOLD 47 days which included striping and quaility checks

Loaded at ramp: 10-5-06

Arrived: 10-7-06

From the day I ordered to the day I recieved the car, was a total of 197 days

The Non SVT/Non PA dealership is now closed by Ford and my car was delived to a PA dealership.

post-3039-1162220248_thumb.jpg

post-3039-1162220248_thumb.jpg

Well, my Shelby was unloaded from the railcar today in Laurel, MT. When I talked to my salesman he said, "They could have it at the dealer by the end of the week. " I just checked and my dealer is only 145 miles from the railhead!--damn-it. When I talked to him this afternoon I said he needed to push to get it sooner, but now I know just how close it is, I'm going to call and really raise hell tomorrow. I'm thinking my dealer would like to have a show-room magnet for a few days, but I want my damn car--now! :rant:

Well, my Shelby was unloaded from the railcar today in Laurel, MT. When I talked to my salesman he said, "They could have it at the dealer by the end of the week. " I just checked and my dealer is only 145 miles from the railhead!--damn-it. When I talked to him this afternoon I said he needed to push to get it sooner, but now I know just how close it is, I'm going to call and really raise hell tomorrow. I'm thinking my dealer would like to have a show-room magnet for a few days, but I want my damn car--now! :rant:

Have him pay you ADM (Additional Delay Money) for you to let him :hysterical:

Have him pay you ADM (Additional Delay Money) for you to let him :hysterical:

Don't think I haven't thought about it! Up until this point, actually, my dealer has been straight with me, but today's info and tone just felt a bit "off." If they were honest, said hey the car will be here Tues. would you hold off until Thursday so we can show it off, we won't let people crawl all over it, I'd probably be ok with that, but as I said I think I'm getting a bit of BS. :rant:

Well, guys, as most of you know I reported this past weekend that my car is on a "quality hold". I called Ford C.S. this morning and they said my car was to be delivered to the dealer on 10/26. Then she said "oh,that was last week". "Hmmmm, that car should be at your dealer". "Are you sure your dealer doesn't have the car?" "Well, I suggest you call your dealer because he has more information about the car than we do , at this point!" So I hung up and called my dealer. Before I hung up, though, I asked the lady if there were any "holds" on the Shelbys. She said there were no "holds that she knew of!!! When I talked to my dealer he was as confused as I am. So he called his contact at Ford again. His contact told him that there was a batch of Shelbys that came off the line at about the same time frame and that there was some kind of problem with 1 or 2 of those cars. His contact said there are about 20 or 25 cars caught up in this "quality hold". He was told all of these cars are being re-inspected to make sure that the problem is limited to the 1 or 2 cars. He again tried to find out what the problem is but was told there is no further information available. That is all I can find out at this time. If I hear anything else I will post up asap. Maybe this explains why some of you other guys have gone past your estimated delivery date!?!?!

Well, guys, as most of you know I reported this past weekend that my car is on a "quality hold". I called Ford C.S. this morning and they said my car was to be delivered to the dealer on 10/26. Then she said "oh,that was last week". "Hmmmm, that car should be at your dealer". "Are you sure your dealer doesn't have the car?" "Well, I suggest you call your dealer because he has more information about the car than we do , at this point!" So I hung up and called my dealer. Before I hung up, though, I asked the lady if there were any "holds" on the Shelbys. She said there were no "holds that she knew of!!! When I talked to my dealer he was as confused as I am. So he called his contact at Ford again. His contact told him that there was a batch of Shelbys that came off the line at about the same time frame and that there was some kind of problem with 1 or 2 of those cars. His contact said there are about 20 or 25 cars caught up in this "quality hold". He was told all of these cars are being re-inspected to make sure that the problem is limited to the 1 or 2 cars. He again tried to find out what the problem is but was told there is no further information available. That is all I can find out at this time. If I hear anything else I will post up asap. Maybe this explains why some of you other guys have gone past your estimated delivery date!?!?!

That CS call sounds excactly the same as my last 9 calls, word for word!

now the Qaulity Hold bothers me....my car was due in last Friday :rant:

Coldwater, I think yours, mine, hsurb's and svtbird's are in the same boat!!! I hope for you guys' sake that I'm wrong, but it just seems like we are all experiencing the same issues!!!!

I spoke with Customer Service prior to leaving for work today. They said my car was Released from Foreign Plant - Imported Car????? I suppose that is the striping group?

I called at lunch, they stated that it was then - Released from Plant. Just like last Friday.

I think the Customer Service group is actually located in India. Another Bold Move!!!

hsurb

I spoke with Customer Service prior to leaving for work today. They said my car was Released from Foreign Plant - Imported Car????? I suppose that is the striping group?

I called at lunch, they stated that it was then - Released from Plant. Just like last Friday.

I think the Customer Service group is actually located in India. Another Bold Move!!!

hsurb

Florida actually. Some reps are pretty smart and helpful, some leave a lot to be desired.

Florida actually. Some reps are pretty smart and helpful, some leave a lot to be desired.

You are correct. In fact, I think it's New Delhi, Florida.

On a serious note, I have had some CS reps that were willing to provide much more information than others. And then, there are always those that I simply can't understand.

hsurb

If you're only 145 miles from Laurel you must be somewhere in Montana, where are you? I'm in Missoula. What color did you order? I heard there are three of them in Helena, there was four but one guy sold his on EBAY already. I can't tell from your name if you're somebody I know, but I'd love to see your car. Mine isn't gonna be here until probably January, so it's gonna have to sit for a few months before I get to drive it.

If you're only 145 miles from Laurel you must be somewhere in Montana, where are you? I'm in Missoula. What color did you order? I heard there are three of them in Helena, there was four but one guy sold his on EBAY already. I can't tell from your name if you're somebody I know, but I'd love to see your car. Mine isn't gonna be here until probably January, so it's gonna have to sit for a few months before I get to drive it.

Owen,

Actually I live in Windsor, CO and I have to drive 400+ miles N. to Worland Wy to get the car. Missoula is one of my favorite parts of Montana which is one of my favorite states. I ordered a vista blue coupe (tungsten stripes).

CC

See my post in "Ralph called me today" for more to this story

Sorry i didn't see this post yesterday. I live about 8 miles from Laurel and could have taken a peek. I'll drive by tonight just to see but might be gone.

Sorry i didn't see this post yesterday. I live about 8 miles from Laurel and could have taken a peek. I'll drive by tonight just to see but might be gone.

ole1bus,

No, sadly it appears it will be there for a while. I think you'll see it before I do- which might not be until next week. Ford never fails to amaze me. If you do, let me know what you think? Is it in a protected area?

CC

The happy wheels are rolling now for me. As of today my order has been submitted to the plant. I guess a vin should be coming along soon.

I got a chance to see a vert back in July, and listen to it. I am taking rufdrafts advise. The patience will be worth the wait. As long as it has been qc'd well before being shipped that is.

10/25 -from material hold to unscheduled.

11/01- submitted to plant.

Owen,

Actually I live in Windsor, CO and I have to drive 400+ miles N. to Worland Wy to get the car. Missoula is one of my favorite parts of Montana which is one of my favorite states. I ordered a vista blue coupe (tungsten stripes).

CC

Nice color combo! We have Red with White Lemans stripes on order, but I had a really hard time deciding between that and Vista Blue with White stripes. I think the Tungsten will look great as well. Do you have snow on the ground? Are you trailering your car home? Our car will be here in probably mid January, so it's gonna have to sit in the garage for a while. It's gonna be a long winter!

Nice color combo! We have Red with White Lemans stripes on order, but I had a really hard time deciding between that and Vista Blue with White stripes. I think the Tungsten will look great as well. Do you have snow on the ground? Are you trailering your car home? Our car will be here in probably mid January, so it's gonna have to sit in the garage for a while. It's gonna be a long winter!

Red/White combo looks sharp no doubt about it. Colorado's winters resemble California's anymore, but we have had a couple of wet snows already. I grew up in Casper, and lived in Buffalo for a while, plus I have relatives in the worland area so I know how bad the weather can get up there--that's part of why I was hoping to get the car in Oct--oh well. I kills me that the car is two hours from my dealer and I might not be able get it even next week (it's supposed to snow!). Like you said it's going to be a long winter! :party:

Archived