TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Non SVT/Non PA dealership orders

rmustgt

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My non-SVT, non-PA order was scheduled to be built the week of October 2nd, but i was "bucked" yesterday and today I'm in production right now so it seems they are moving right along. My production week has always stayed the same but my delivery date keeps moving back, starting from Oct 9th, then the 17th, now the 24th. I'll be interested to see how long from production to delivery as I deleted the over the top stripes because I'm going to have them painted on. Seems to me the rocker stripes would go on pretty quick compared to over the top.

Anyway, I just wanted to say thanks for a great resource of GT-500 info on this site and TMS. This site has helped a ton on the whole process as I usually have the order and production info way before my guy at the dealer has it!!

Ok rpretzel, are you out there? I called my non-PA, non-SVT, small dealer today to see if there was any news on my car. He said he got a letter, and I proceeded to tell him exactly what the letter said (thanks to all those on this site that have received the same letter). It said my car would be scheduled in Q4 2006. It was, like the letter posted elsewhere on this site, not specific to whether that was Q4 of the calendar year or of the production year, but the way I read the letter I think that would mean calendar year. I told him I'd check back with him in about a month or so to see if there was any additional news.

I'm still remaining patient...PSDS has not yet set in for me. I think the rough time for me will be between the date it leaves the plant and when it's in my hands...I'll have max PSDS then.

Dave

Ok rpretzel, are you out there? I called my non-PA, non-SVT, small dealer today to see if there was any news on my car. He said he got a letter, and I proceeded to tell him exactly what the letter said (thanks to all those on this site that have received the same letter). It said my car would be scheduled in Q4 2006. It was, like the letter posted elsewhere on this site, not specific to whether that was Q4 of the calendar year or of the production year, but the way I read the letter I think that would mean calendar year. I told him I'd check back with him in about a month or so to see if there was any additional news.

I'm still remaining patient...PSDS has not yet set in for me. I think the rough time for me will be between the date it leaves the plant and when it's in my hands...I'll have max PSDS then.

Dave

My non SVT, Non PA Dealer e-mailed me my VIN number and gave me a build date of October 16th today.

Things are finally moving. Hope everyone gets similar news soon.

hsurb

What would "order got pulled" mean? I have not been informed of a VIN yet. Trying to stay calm.

might be nothing. :unsure:

According to my sales manager, Ford informs them on a Thursday that an order will be pulled. He said that a VIN is usually received the next day (or by Monday at latest). That's exactly how mine went down 9/8

Congratulations now the PSDS really kicks in! :baby:

Just called customer service, MINE WAS BUILT ON 9/27!!!!!!!!!!! No info on release or arrival date.

Lutzcat

Congratulations Lutzcat! Hope it arrives soon!

Mine is supposed to be build on the 2nd and should show up the week of the 21st Oct. I'm trying to keep from getting my hopes up based on the many posts about late delivery.

Noticed a vert for sale in Autoweek for best offer over MSRP, and in same issue another Shelby (coupe) for 78k! (greedy SOB).

CC

Congrats guys. I just got my VIN :cheerleader: Really was'nt expecting a build this year so I am pretty stoked.

It appears the assembly line is running pretty good now. Think it was just two weeks ago my vin was issued after one long wait. All the guys that got the letter from Ford stating theirs being built in the second quarter is a bunch of bullcrap. I think they just put a date on there to keep everybody from calling customer service.

I bet most, if not all of the members that bought from small one car dealers get their car built this year.

Lutzcat

I just got off the phone with VOPC. Looks like mine might be right behind epunhold's on the line. I too was scheduled for the week of Oct. 2; and mine has also been bucked. :woohoo: :bandance: :cheerleader: VOPC says est. arrival date of 10/16....but customer service says 10/26. No matter, it looks like it'll be here before my birthday (guess my wife's off the hook for a present... :hysterical: )

Dave

Even though my dealer specifically said the letter he received said I should receive delivery in Q2 of the 2007 model-year, I decided to ask him to confirm this. After giving him some of the Q4, 2006 examples I seen here, he seemed less sure the letter said model year, and upon checking the letter again, he discovered it did not specifically say model year. He's going to call the regional rep to ask about this, but it's looking like the letter is referencing the calendar year.

So, it looks like I'm probably not getting my car in November. June 2007 looks like the more likely time. I've got another 6 months of this Material Hold crap!

:rant::banghead:

Is there any value in getting the LAST car built in a model year? :fan:

Even though my dealer specifically said the letter he received said I should receive delivery in Q2 of the 2007 model-year, I decided to ask him to confirm this. After giving him some of the Q4, 2006 examples I seen here, he seemed less sure the letter said model year, and upon checking the letter again, he discovered it did not specifically say model year. He's going to call the regional rep to ask about this, but it's looking like the letter is referencing the calendar year.

So, it looks like I'm probably not getting my car in November. June 2007 looks like the more likely time. I've got another 6 months of this Material Hold crap!

:rant::banghead:

Is there any value in getting the LAST car built in a model year? :fan:

That blows like a whale's hole. I'd hate to miss half of next summer with the car...winter here is no good for driving such a car.

Dave

Talked to Ralph at customer service 10/4 am and asked if me ordering a full stripe deleted car had anything to do with my order getting pulled (earlier than I expected) he said NO. Also asked about the shaker 1000 thing and he said that has nothing to do with orders getting pulled before other orders either.

I did get my build date of 10/23 which means I could be eating turkey in my new car. :bandance:

My arrivial date has just been bumped up one week, was 10/20, now 10/12, was released from the plant on 9/27, in striping area now I guess. The production line must be going pretty smoothly now. My baby has been BORN!!!!!!!!!!!! Come to PAPA!!!!!!!!!!

Lutzcat

My arrivial date has just been bumped up one week, was 10/20, now 10/12, was released from the plant on 9/27, in striping area now I guess. The production line must be going pretty smoothly now. My baby has been BORN!!!!!!!!!!!! Come to PAPA!!!!!!!!!!

Lutzcat

you buy from a non-svt, non-pa dealer?

As of last Friday mine still has a build date of 10/09!! According to customer service the estimated delivery date to my dealer is 10/26. I think things must really be humming at Flat Rock. I say this because it appears to me that actual build dates and delivery dates are running a few days ahead of the customer service estimates. I base this statement on observations from this website and from talking to the Ford dealer in my home town. ( Not where I bought my GT500 ) Maybe I'm just wishful thinking!?!?!

As of last Friday mine still has a build date of 10/09!! According to customer service the estimated delivery date to my dealer is 10/26. I think things must really be humming at Flat Rock. I say this because it appears to me that actual build dates and delivery dates are running a few days ahead of the customer service estimates. I base this statement on observations from this website and from talking to the Ford dealer in my home town. ( Not where I bought my GT500 ) Maybe I'm just wishful thinking!?!?!

My car was built Monday (the 2nd) :happy feet: but dealer ETA is the 27th.

Small Dealer-PA winner--ordered in March.

CC

My car was built Monday (the 2nd) :happy feet: but dealer ETA is the 27th.

Small Dealer-PA winner--ordered in March.

CC

I also have build date 10/16 was on material old for months i order 3/16 a small svt dealer with pres award, i would be their second car out, of four that was ordered. :bandance:

Ok, now I'm jealous....seems like the cars are flowing. Gimme mine! :rant:

RUF, you got any valium? :hysterical:

Seriously though...it's great that you folks are all getting build dates/deliveries now.

Dave

I feel like when I order dinner and everyone who orders after me get their food first.

Congrads to you lucky ones.

Ordered car about 6/15 from non SVT, non PA dealer. Got vin early Sept. Car had a 9/25 build date, so I called customer service today and was told it was released from foreign plant, so I guess the stripes are on and it will ship soon. Dealer arrival date of 10/19.

Hope that those with the long wait will get their's soon. Kinda makes me feel guilty getting my before some of you!

I would like to thanks all on this site for the great info!

Joe

joe53, congrat's

Mine must be right behind yours. CS told me today that "foriegn plant has released imported car" (their exact words, not mine). I'm guessing, though, by the timeline that it has simply been sent off to be striped because the "last maintenance day" was listed as 10/3. I think that that is when it was on the line. It was only bucked last Thursday. And as Jolley Roger knows, I may not see it soon...but we can hope!

Anyway, I feel a bit like you; especially hearing about the guys who are getting ripped by dealers breaching written contracts. I run my own small business; and if I did something like that to my customers, I wouldn't be able to look myself in the mirror!

Archived