TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Non SVT/Non PA dealership orders

rmustgt

There is a method to the production madness, at least for the southeast region. I have a letter from the SE region operations manager 9Shawn Mcdermott) that my dealer sent to me. I posted this info a month ago, but I guess it was soon forgotten and it was probably lost in the thousands of posts since then.

GT500 allocation plan scheduling priority:

1st wave of scheduling:

The following dealers will each get 1 unit before their second unit is scheduled.

SVT full line dealers (ranked by 2005 CY Mustang sales)

SVT Focus dealers '' '' '' ''

President Award winners " " " " "

2nd wave of scheduling

After scheduling 1 unit for each of the SVT and PA winners, the following groups will be placed in a lottery each month. Scheduling will be based upon a percentage of allocation assigned to each group.

SVT full line dealers-2nd unit 40%

Fair share dealers 40%

certified dealers 20%

Don't ask me what this means. I just open the mail and read it. The letter is dated 12JUL06.

Congrats, CC! :cheerleader: :happy feet: :cheerleader: :happy feet:

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:happy feet:

There is a method to the production madness, at least for the southeast region. I have a letter from the SE region operations manager 9Shawn Mcdermott) that my dealer sent to me. I posted this info a month ago, but I guess it was soon forgotten and it was probably lost in the thousands of posts since then.

GT500 allocation plan scheduling priority:

1st wave of scheduling:

The following dealers will each get 1 unit before their second unit is scheduled.

SVT full line dealers (ranked by 2005 CY Mustang sales)

SVT Focus dealers '' '' '' ''

President Award winners " " " " "

2nd wave of scheduling

After scheduling 1 unit for each of the SVT and PA winners, the following groups will be placed in a lottery each month. Scheduling will be based upon a percentage of allocation assigned to each group.

SVT full line dealers-2nd unit 40%

Fair share dealers 40%

certified dealers 20%

Don't ask me what this means. I just open the mail and read it. The letter is dated 12JUL06.

:happy feet: Got my call yesterday from my non svt/nonpa dealer. He said my car would be built in the 4th quarter. Got another call today to tell me that the regional rep called and said it would be scheduled the week of Oct. 2nd. with a build date of late Oct. and a delivery of early Nov. Seems a little early for delivery w/ a late oct. build, but what the hell!

I've never been a big fan of blue cars, but since I'm buying it for my wife, I let her choose the color. I guess Vista Blue is growing on me a bit too.

The vista blue with white stripes (or tungsten) will definitely grow on you. It is much like the original shelby blue only more metallic and clear coat applied. It gets a lot of looks.

My letter goes like this:

Subject: Select Dealer Shelby Allocation 2007 MV Random Drawing

Dear John;

Ford and the Select Dealer Council determined that holding a random drawing is the most equitable means to allocate production to all certified Select Dealers. At the request of the Select Dealer Council and to assist you in managing your retail customers expectations, we have held a national random drawing for all remaining Select Dealer allocation and estimated production timing based on current production schedules. Below is a summary of the allocation remaining for your dealership along withthe estimated quarter that your Shelby will be scheduled for production.

Shelby Alloction Remaining: 1

Est. Production Timing (unit 1) 2Q

(I will post more of this after work out of time)

Hey Guys,

Here is the letter from my dealer. He feels that the 4Q 2006 is in reference to calendar year, which leads us to believe we'll be in production before the end of the year.

I'm so glad to hear something, I believe I may have found some of that happy place that rpretzel talks about :happy feet:

DealerLetter.pdf

DealerLetter.pdf

Can anyone else confirm that this went out to ALL regional Ford districts? This PDF shows the Midwest Market. Thanks.

I have the same letter in my hands from my dealer.

My letter said 2Q 2007---

I questioned if it was 2Q Model year VS 2Q Calendar year as has

been stated.. My dealer put a call into his rep.. He's hoping to talk to her on Monday.

But after seeing the 4Q 2006---i guess it does mean April-June 2007.

Hell, maybe i'll get my car by end of next year :censored:

I wonder how much production of the Shelby GT will affect

the Shelby Gt 500's being made!! :banghead:

I ordered my red coupe from a dealer in IL that is neither a svt or award winner on May19. I was

notified 2 weeks ago that my order was pulled on Aug. 30. My build date is next week!!! Hope to get my

car by mid Oct. Iam new to this forum and can not figure out how to get my photo place at the left. Can

someone help? Also trying to find the paint code for the red as I want to order my scoops before my car

comes in.

Thanks Max

Can anyone else confirm that this went out to ALL regional Ford districts?

Ragtop,

I talked to my dealer today (after failed attempts to get info out of VOPC, They kick me out every time a "Shelby" specific # is entered into the system....hmmmm) And he didn't mention a letter. But since they have already had their allocation serialized, they may not get a letter??? :shrug:

Also trying to find the paint code for the red as I want to order my scoops before my car

comes in.

Max,

Ask your dealer if they have their 07 literature. I got an 8.5x11 color chip of the grabber orange from mine. Took it to match some accent paint for the garage remodel....

I checked with the rep in the northeast zone,"Boston", about the news of letters to dealers outside the northeast indicating order pull times. She said she had not heard of this protocal and would check on it.

She called me the next day and told me the northeast zone WILL be part of the order pull date letter group. It will probably be a month or two before any dealers in New England will see a letter.

Another proof positive how invaluable this site has been. Without everyone posting about those letters,we in New England would just continue to be a day to day in the black hole of information.

I suggest those of you that don't know if your zone is in the letter loop for order pulls, call your rep and ask! My rep didn't even know about these letters,only that we were not getting anything like it.

Again,the squeeky wheel gets the oil!

I checked with the rep in the northeast zone,"Boston", about the news of letters to dealers outside the northeast indicating order pull times. She said she had not heard of this protocal and would check on it.

She called me the next day and told me the northeast zone WILL be part of the order pull date letter group. It will probably be a month or two before any dealers in New England will see a letter.

Another proof positive how invaluable this site has been. Without everyone posting about those letters,we in New England would just continue to be a day to day in the black hole of information.

I suggest those of you that don't know if your zone is in the letter loop for order pulls, call your rep and ask! My rep didn't even know about these letters,only that we were not getting anything like it.

Again,the squeeky wheel gets the oil!

I'm in the Northeast region (Central NY)

and i already posted that i have the letter in hand.

Hard to believe the regional rep didnt know anything about it.

My dealer has a call in to her to ask about the 2Q 2007.

She probably wont know if it is second Q Model year or Calendar year.

Judy

I ordered my red coupe from a dealer in IL that is neither a svt or award winner on May19. I was

notified 2 weeks ago that my order was pulled on Aug. 30. My build date is next week!!! Hope to get my

car by mid Oct. Iam new to this forum and can not figure out how to get my photo place at the left. Can

someone help? Also trying to find the paint code for the red as I want to order my scoops before my car

comes in.

Thanks Max

Hi Max, welcome to the board. To change your avatar, do this:

Near the top of any page in the forum, on the right hand side, there is a link that says "My Controls". Click on this, then select Edit Avatar Settings once you get into your controls.

Hopefully you can figure it out from there.

Dave

Hi Max, welcome to the board. To change your avatar, do this:

Near the top of any page in the forum, on the right hand side, there is a link that says "My Controls". Click on this, then select Edit Avatar Settings once you get into your controls.

Hopefully you can figure it out from there.

Dave

Thanks Dave! hopefully it will not be long and I can change it to a picture of my car.

Max

My dealer emailed me late last week and said he got his letter stating my car was "estimated" for the 2nd quarter of 2007 :censored: . Oh well the good news is that I do not have to make room in the garage this year to store it for winter and my free six months of sirius will not go to waste. Now I can only hope that I have a little luck and I get the car in April rather than June. And if it is June I guess I will just have to Mod the 95 more to keep me going.

So we know the 2nd quarter of 07 is the calender year not the production year? If this is the case a least Ford is letting everybody know an idea of when they can expect their car. What is your dealer Full SVT. PA? SVT Focus?

I would say it has to be referencing calendar year based on the letter I received (see post 187). Mine says 4Q 2006, and there was no 2006 Model Year for the GT500.

I ordered from a Non SVT/Non PA dealership that had two allocations. Myself and the other gentlemen ordered our cars in mid-March.

My original dealer has been closed/bought out by Ford in Aug. 06. Before the door were closed the owner called me in to give me my deposit back and give my the contact onfo. of the dealership my car as well as the other gentlemens cars would be shipped to, which is a SVT dealer 7 miles down the road. I now have given them my deposit and recieved a MSRP purchase order with my Vin.# as well.

During our meeting I was informed that my car info. was as follows:

Vin.# issued 7-21-06

After calling the toll free number, I was informed:

Build date: 8-14-06

Completion date: 8-21-06

Released from plant: 9-15-06

And that is all they could tell from the Ford toll free number, so I contacted my dealer and rep. who stated I wouldn't probably see the car until October 06.

I ordered from a Non SVT/Non PA dealership that had two allocations. Myself and the other gentlemen ordered our cars in mid-March.

My original dealer has been closed/bought out by Ford in Aug. 06. Before the door were closed the owner called me in to give me my deposit back and give my the contact onfo. of the dealership my car as well as the other gentlemens cars would be shipped to, which is a SVT dealer 7 miles down the road. I now have given them my deposit and recieved a MSRP purchase order with my Vin.# as well.

During our meeting I was informed that my car info. was as follows:

Vin.# issued 7-21-06

After calling the toll free number, I was informed:

Build date: 8-14-06

Completion date: 8-21-06

Released from plant: 9-15-06

And that is all they could tell from the Ford toll free number, so I contacted my dealer and rep. who stated I wouldn't probably see the car until October 06.

That's good news. It sounds like the new dealer is a class act, in particular if they honored an MSRP sale. I bet there are a lot of dealers who would've wiggled out of that in a heartbeat.

Congrats and hopefully she'll arrive soon.

So we know the 2nd quarter of 07 is the calender year not the production year? If this is the case a least Ford is letting everybody know an idea of when they can expect their car. What is your dealer Full SVT. PA? SVT Focus?

I ordered from a small town non SVT/PA dealer. In fact the dealer I orginally had the contract with got bought by a local chevy dealer and I had to redo the contract with them. So needless to say they are about as low on the Ford totum pole as they come.

Its been 3 weeks since I last e-amiled my nonsvt/pa dealer. This was before the latest "letter" referred to.

I will have to call him tomarrow and see if he has anything on my order.

By the way - I was eating some ribs at this joint in my town and watching the Sunday game - when I saw that Bold Moves commercial of the GT500 on the autobahn. Needless to say PSDS kicked in and I could hardly finish the meal.

Some of us are still going to be waiting on our cars into next year - I don't know if I will be included in this bunch or not, but if I do it's going to make for a long winter - I might just finally complete all those little projects I have been putting off.

Its been 3 weeks since I last e-amiled my nonsvt/pa dealer. This was before the latest "letter" referred to.

I will have to call him tomarrow and see if he has anything on my order.

By the way - I was eating some ribs at this joint in my town and watching the Sunday game - when I saw that Bold Moves commercial of the GT500 on the autobahn. Needless to say PSDS kicked in and I could hardly finish the meal.

Some of us are still going to be waiting on our cars into next year - I don't know if I will be included in this bunch or not, but if I do it's going to make for a long winter - I might just finally complete all those little projects I have been putting off.

My dealer just informed me that they have received "Official" notification that my Shelby is scheduled for production in the 1st qtr. of 2007. A springtime delivery is better than it showing up January 15th with 3 feet of snow on the ground!! The waiting continues.

That's good news. It sounds like the new dealer is a class act, in particular if they honored an MSRP sale. I bet there are a lot of dealers who would've wiggled out of that in a heartbeat.

Congrats and hopefully she'll arrive soon.

Marc, you are right. The new store is a class act. The first store that my car was going to be sent to didn't want to honor the MSRP deal and left the Ford rep. with a bad taste in his mouth. The rep. frowned on that and the new store honored it no problem even with selling there own GT500's at $15K over.

Here's a good story for you all. I went to Columbus tonight to get my 16 year old son some new duds for his first date this weekend. I am 45 miles from home and I had just passed the Ford dealer where my GT 500 is ordered and my cell phone rings. My wife asks "Who's calling now?" I looked a the caller id and I knew immediately that it was the Ford dealer!!! He was calling to tell me that our order had been submitted to plant and that we have a vin and a build date of 10/09/06!!!! I got so excited that I almost wrecked the Expedition. My wife even told me to pull over and let her drive if I couldn't control myself!!! Finally I'm out of material hold hell!!!!

Here's a good story for you all. I went to Columbus tonight to get my 16 year old son some new duds for his first date this weekend. I am 45 miles from home and I had just passed the Ford dealer where my GT 500 is ordered and my cell phone rings. My wife asks "Who's calling now?" I looked a the caller id and I knew immediately that it was the Ford dealer!!! He was calling to tell me that our order had been submitted to plant and that we have a vin and a build date of 10/09/06!!!! I got so excited that I almost wrecked the Expedition. My wife even told me to pull over and let her drive if I couldn't control myself!!! Finally I'm out of material hold hell!!!!

Congrats! Did you get the Grabber Orange since it will be here just in time for Halloween? :hysterical:

Dave

As I posted earlier, Its been three weeks + since I last e-mailed the non svt/pa dealer I ordered a GT500

from. I thought he may have been out of town since alot of people around here vaction at the beach thiis time of year. So I called his dealership and they told me he was in the Hospital - for a lenghty stay after a medical procedure complication. He should recover and be back perhaps next week.

His wife told me they have a letter from the SouthEast regional office and it says "scheduled production 2nd

quarter 2007".

That all the news I know so far. The wait continues, but I am glad to be getting one of these cars - especially at MSRP. Now I have plenty of time to get those garage doors installed and a tree removed this winter.

If any of you guys/gals want to make a drive in your GT500 and go on a Whitetail hunting trip with all the comforts included there is an open invitation for you ( no out of state licence necessary).

Joe

Archived