TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Non SVT/Non PA dealership orders

rmustgt

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds like Fords priority is to get at least one car to every dealership by year end...right?

I don't that is the case. My NON PA, NON SVT, Certified Dealer is getting only 1 car(mine) and I was informed that it will be scheduled for production first quarter of 2007. So much for every dealership getting 1 car by year end. The wait continues.

rpretzel,

Are you still not wavering on the Shaker 1000? I for one am getting to the point I would opt out of doors if I could get the car produced faster...

I am holding onto the Shaker 1000. Shelbys and regular mustangs are shipping out with the Shaker 1000. I have seen no evidence that indicates it is holding up any Shelby coupes. On the contrary, I've heard from several reliable sources that the Shaker 1000 is not an issue.

I know I've freaked out several times on this board due to my PSDS, but I'm much better now. I have found my happy place, and I know I'll get my car when I get my car. My heart couldn't handle the pressure I was causing myself. If I have to wait until spring 2007, then that's what I'll do. Am I happy about it? No, but there's not a whole lot I can do about it. They wait gives me more time to save up money, and a spring delivery would mean I don't have to pick it up in a blizzard.

Let's all just sit back, slug down a beer or two, and enjoy the ride. :party::grouphug::wub: :beerchug:

A dealer that I talked too about a month ago called me today and said that they have theirs in stock now. They told me they are selling it for 65k plus tax and license. They are putting the interested peoples names in a hat and drawing the winner at that price. I told them no thanks and when they are wiling to sell one at MSRP give me a call. Funny thing is when I went in there the first time I told them that I would not pay over MSRP. I'm thinking that they are fishing like crazy right now.

My dealer called me in today to show me a letter he got from Ford saying that mine would be built in the 4th quarter of 06, and this was the result of a lottery. The area rep said a build date will be given in the next day or two. My dealer thinks I'll get it in Oct. or Nov. I hope it's not too cold by then, or I'll look like the iced over guy in the commercial that got his vert in the middle of winter!

Seem the dealers are feeding alot of bull to many on this thread about VIN's being given and orders being place to plant. First the order banks have been open since March and the dealers should have had there orders in for months. Once orders are placed they are at the PLANT not at the REP's office. As far as everyone getting one car first, that is bull. I think it depends somewhat on the pull the dealer has with the REP. And if the REP is in good with the people who pull orders. I have dealers in my area that have already delivered 4 CARS and only one was a powerlease. My dealer delivered their 1ST of 2 cars a week ago. Car number 2 (my car) was ordered at the same time back in March, but still no VIN#. :wacko:

Just seems odd we all received calls on literally the same day.

hsurb

Well guys(ang gals) it has been a couple of weeks since I updated you about my situation. I have heard nothing from my dealer for more than three weeks. I have called Ford c.s. twice in the last three weeks and have received the same response......MATERIAL HOLD AND NO FURTHER INFORMATION AVAILABLE!!!!!! I have asked the c.s. reps. to please explain the order process to me. They say they can"t explain it because"they don't understand it themselves!!!!!" I can't figure out how people who have ordered their cars in July and August are getting their cars or vins before people who placed their orders in March and April. What a screwed up mess Ford has created. I am at the point of giving up on the GT500 and keeping 05 GT. What to do?!?!?!? I'm getting tired!!!!

I am holding onto the Shaker 1000. Shelbys and regular mustangs are shipping out with the Shaker 1000. I have seen no evidence that indicates it is holding up any Shelby coupes. On the contrary, I've heard from several reliable sources that the Shaker 1000 is not an issue.

I know I've freaked out several times on this board due to my PSDS, but I'm much better now. I have found my happy place, and I know I'll get my car when I get my car. My heart couldn't handle the pressure I was causing myself. If I have to wait until spring 2007, then that's what I'll do. Am I happy about it? No, but there's not a whole lot I can do about it. They wait gives me more time to save up money, and a spring delivery would mean I don't have to pick it up in a blizzard.

Let's all just sit back, slug down a beer or two, and enjoy the ride. :party::grouphug::wub: :beerchug:

I'm thinking, if I don't hear something by Friday this week, I'm going to drop the S1000 and give it 2 weeks. If I'm still on MH, I add it back. If not :shift: I don't see that I have much to lose.

rpretzel:

I really like your new attitude. I've watched this site since May and I feel for everyone who has waited and is still waiting like me.(still on mat. hold no VIN). I appreciate everyones input and have learned a lot. In fact, in a way I am glad I haven't gotten it yet because I have learned so much about the car and the problems people have had. Maybe I shouldn't say problems, just occurances. By the time I get mine, I feel confident I will know how to treat heR. I have tried to remain patient and take one day at a time because I know there is nothing to do but wait. The best thing about this site is you know you aren't alone in your wait and when its over, the wait was worth it.

Funny,

my dealer made reference to some lottery to determine what quarter my car would be built as well. My ticket came up for 4th Qtr this year and that is what he was so excited about. He called the regional rep for further info and that resulted in a visit and then the conference call to me. At least I can see some consistancy in the info folks are presenting here over the last couple days.

Guess I'll know Friday if the VIN actually gets assigned and the order pulled for production......And still we wait.

I came off material hold last week with a build date of the week of October 2nd. I ordered from non-PA, non-SVT dealer in central IL but they move a lot of cars for a small town dealer. I was told that in their zone, there are about 50-60 select dealers and that 8 orders form the zone were pulled. I think there is a pattern or formula (backscratching?) for why some dealers get pulled and some don't. On the bright side, your odds get better and better as time goes by!!

Got a call from my Non SVT/ Non PA dealer today.

He got a letter from Ford.

My car will be built the Second Quarter of 2007.

I am really bummed!!!!!!!!

Judy

:censored::shrug::banghead:

Are you sure it is 2nd quarter of calendar-year 2007? When my dealer got his letter, it said I'd be getting mine before the end of the 2nd quarter of model-year 2007. Q2 of model-year 2007 is Sept-Nov 2006. You might want to clarify this with your dealer.

This really is kinda creepy that so many of us received letters/calls around the same time. But I'm not holding my breath. I won't be comfortable until I get a VIN.

I agree with the above. You might be getting your car sooner than you think. Would they be able to tell you today that your car was going to be built in the last production quarter of the 07's? I think you might get your car sooner than later or otherwise that just sucks.

But again I dont have a clue what Im talking about. I would however like to know if my car is going to be the last 07 built :rant:

Good info on these letters. I have not received a call from my dealer,and will be ringing him up tomorrow to see if he got one?

One thing that sucks,is all of us who are in hard white winter area's and are not using this car as a daily driver, will be stuck like drlovegun too only sitting in it, modding and wiping it down in the garage until next spring.

Holy Crap! I think we have discovered the worst case of PSDS. Total mental regression, loss of personality, loss of desire, substance abuse, this is scary. :ohsnap:

Have you gotten laid recently? :wub:

Have you smelled any 116 race gas or the scent of a new set of Mickey's, listened to a car with open headers, anything? :cry:

Man, you need help soon :sos:

You rest of you should be afraid too, very afraid :do what:

Are you sure it is 2nd quarter of calendar-year 2007? When my dealer got his letter, it said I'd be getting mine before the end of the 2nd quarter of model-year 2007. Q2 of model-year 2007 is Sept-Nov 2006. You might want to clarify this with your dealer.

This really is kinda creepy that so many of us received letters/calls around the same time. But I'm not holding my breath. I won't be comfortable until I get a VIN.

+

rpretzel, I got my letter today and I also have a production of 2nd quarter. My dealer didn't know if it was calender or model year. Where would u find the answer?? I did not try c/s yet. Help-- There is light at the end of tunnel but if it is June 07 I don't think I will make it. There a are 3 Shelbys in town now and mine has been on order the longest.

+

rpretzel, I got my letter today and I also have a production of 2nd quarter. My dealer didn't know if it was calender or model year. Where would u find the answer?? I did not try c/s yet. Help-- There is light at the end of tunnel but if it is June 07 I don't think I will make it. There a are 3 Shelbys in town now and mine has been on order the longest.

I'm just going off what my dealer said to me:

The letter from the Mountain West Market Director said my car "has an estimated delivery date of sometime in the second quarter of the 2007 model year."

He went on to say: "I am hoping that it will be here before the end of the year, but they are not for sure on that either" because the letter states, "they are having some unexpected delays in the factory."

I have no idea how I could verify it is Q2 of the model-year vs. Q2 of the calendar-year. I'm just trusting my dealer read the letter correctly. I think the "unexpected delays" comment was more of a CYA comment rather than a statement of real delays.

Since I don't have a VIN, no one at Ford can comment on the status, so I'll just sit and wait for now. Based on recently serialized orders that have been posted here, I'm thinking I need to have a VIN assigned by the end of September if I'm going to have any chance of seeing my car this year. Otherwise, I guess I'll be looking at a delivery closer to spring 2007. :shrug:

The letter from the Mountain West Market Director said my car "has an estimated delivery date of sometime in the second quarter of the 2007 model year."

He went on to say: "I am hoping that it will be here before the end of the year, but they are not for sure on that either" because the letter states, "they are having some unexpected delays in the factory."

Interesting! I got a call from my dealer today (we haven't spoken in over 3 weeks) to say that mine will be made in the last quarter of this year (2006). He talked directly with the regional rep. No mention of a letter and my car is still on MH w/no VIN.

Interesting! I got a call from my dealer today (we haven't spoken in over 3 weeks) to say that mine will be made in the last quarter of this year (2006). He talked directly with the regional rep. No mention of a letter and my car is still on MH w/no VIN.

Congrats! Sounds like your dealer got the same news as the rest of us. (Q2 of the 2007 Model-Year = Sept-Nov, 2006)

I'll say it again, I find it very strange that so many of us are getting the exact same news from our dealers. Do you think Ford actually noticed all of us Material Hold folks and decided to send out a letter to the dealers? If that's the case, I have to give Ford some big cudos for a glimmer of good customer service!

Then again, it could just be a sorry attempt at appeasement with no basis in fact. If that turns out to be the case, I'll be giving Ford the big middle finger. (Oops...slight return to the Pretzel of old)

Only time will tell!

:party:

I have no idea how I could verify it is Q2 of the model-year vs. Q2 of the calendar-year. I'm just trusting my dealer read the letter correctly. I think the "unexpected delays" comment was more of a CYA comment rather than a statement of real delays.

Since I don't have a VIN, no one at Ford can comment on the status, so I'll just sit and wait for now. Based on recently serialized orders that have been posted here, I'm thinking I need to have a VIN assigned by the end of September if I'm going to have any chance of seeing my car this year. Otherwise, I guess I'll be looking at a delivery closer to spring 2007. :shrug:

My letter goes like this:

Subject: Select Dealer Shelby Allocation 2007 MV Random Drawing

Dear John;

Ford and the Select Dealer Council determined that holding a random drawing is the most equitable means to allocate production to all certified Select Dealers. At the request of the Select Dealer Council and to assist you in managing your retail customers expectations, we have held a national random drawing for all remaining Select Dealer allocation and estimated production timing based on current production schedules. Below is a summary of the allocation remaining for your dealership along withthe estimated quarter that your Shelby will be scheduled for production.

Shelby Alloction Remaining: 1

Est. Production Timing (unit 1) 2Q

(I will post more of this after work out of time)

I got word from my saleman today that my car will be delivered the week of Oct. 14th! (And of course this may or may not happen-- based on some of the posts recently, it seems they are doing a better job of delivery on time-we'll see). I ordered mine in March from a small dealership, a PA award winner--don't know if this info provides any insights what-so-ever, but I really hope all of you get a vin and then a build date soon. :cheerleader:

CC

I got word from my saleman today that my car will be delivered the week of Oct. 14th! (And of course this may or may not happen-- based on some of the posts recently, it seems they are doing a better job of delivery on time-we'll see). I ordered mine in March from a small dealership, a PA award winner--don't know if this info provides any insights what-so-ever, but I really hope all of you get a vin and then a build date soon. :cheerleader:

CC

Congrats, CC! :cheerleader: :happy feet: :cheerleader: :happy feet:

Archived