TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Non SVT/Non PA dealership orders

rmustgt

Thanks for sharing Marc...seems we are in a similar boat. Today I called and the CS told me that the status field had the "REL FRM PLNT" code, but then there was some text next to it that said (and these are the exact words...I had her read them to me twice)..."The foreign assembly plant has released the vehicle". I THINK the foreign plant is the striping plant, so that would mean striping is completed. However, I'm surprised the status field didn't reflect this.

I'm trying to be patient, but I admit it's difficult at times like these. The illogical part is that once I get it here, I won't drive it until spring (Indiana), so I really shouldn't care when it arrives.

Dave

UPDATE: CS reports that mine is now showing Released from FOREIGN Assembly Plant. Getting closer...

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for sharing Marc...seems we are in a similar boat. Today I called and the CS told me that the status field had the "REL FRM PLNT" code, but then there was some text next to it that said (and these are the exact words...I had her read them to me twice)..."The foreign assembly plant has released the vehicle". I THINK the foreign plant is the striping plant, so that would mean striping is completed. However, I'm surprised the status field didn't reflect this.

I'm trying to be patient, but I admit it's difficult at times like these. The illogical part is that once I get it here, I won't drive it until spring (Indiana), so I really shouldn't care when it arrives.

Dave

So close - yet so far away. Talking to CS will get you more :banghead::banghead: :angry2: :rant:

To give you a time line and something to think about here is how my 3 agonizing months went waiting for my GT500 to arrive:

9/08 Rec'd VIN# from my dealer (Great birthday present)

9/13 Sequence Date

9/18 Blend Date

9/22 Produced Date

9/25 Sent To Get Stripes

Things went great up until this point.

10/27 Gate Release Date

11/21 Ship Date

12/04 Car Rec'd at dealer

12/05 Picked up car - approx 3 months

12/12 Still smiling :banana piano:

I bugged the heck out of SVT and CS maybe that is why my vehicle was sent back to Autoport and evaluated with the additional 55 miles.

I hope this helps relieve some of the anxiety and sleepness nights wondering where your cars are. Once in your garages this winter - if you can warm them up so the wax can dry- it's a good time to wax and detail.

Hey Dave, my story is exactly like yours my car was supposed to deliver on Sat. 12/9 to south side of Indy and no car. Customer service says rel from plant. And the dealership doesnt know where it is. P.S. If your car is coming to Indiana I bet our cars come in on the same truck.

Wow, which dealer? Skillman? If you are there when the truck pulls up, see if there's an alloy coupe on there and send a note to me immediately and I'll be infinitely grateful. I'll do the same for you...what color/body are you getting?

Dave

UPDATE: CS reports that mine is now showing Released from FOREIGN Assembly Plant. Getting closer...

Great Marc! I'd recommend you call back daily and listen for a "Shipped" status. After that, according to my contacts, you should expect railtime of 5-7 days and then perhaps a day to the dealer.

Dave

Congrats on the progress, Marc. That means it's now been striped. :happy feet:

Why the striping facility down the street is considered "foreign" is beyond me, but it is.

Striping is foreign because it's in a free trade zone.

Does anyone know if the convertibles go to this same plant?? Maybe with no "over the top" stripes, they do the rockers in house.......

All stripes are done in foreign plant.

Relax, it's just a little pin prick, there will be no more AHHHHHHHH, though you may feel a little sick......there is no pain,you are receeding. A distant shelby floats out on the horizon, you are only coming through in waves. Your fingers types but I can't read it...........IIIIII have become uncomfortably with psds.

Having just received mine Monday 12/11 and going throught this same twilight zone. I think I have pieced together what the dates mean and when you can expect your car. The computerized ETA at dealer is actually very accurate for a Mustang or unstripped Shelby. Right now stripping is running about 10 days turn around. If you add this 10 days to your eta you will have a much better idea of when to expect your car. Holidays and weekends shift things some so its not exact. I was able to confirm that Flat Rock is no longer entering rail car numbers on the screen that CS uses to report information to you. So once the car is REL FRN PLT they will have no further info. Your dealer and his zone rep CAN find the rail car for you and find the car. Mine showed up at the dealer exactly 10 days after the computerized ETA. Covered in dirt and grime from snow, ice and storms. and a dent.....another story. All good now.

Car is AWSOME by the way and worth all the trouble.

Having just received mine Monday 12/11 and going throught this same twilight zone. Covered in dirt and grime from snow, ice and storms. and a dent.....another story. All good now.

What is the story on the dent on your car?

Ouch.

What is the story on the dent on your car?

Ouch.

Car was delivered to dealership with a good sized dent just behind the drivers door. About 1/4" deep and approx 4" across the depression. Right on top of the body line. No paint damage at all. Have no idea what happend but it had to be fixed. Dealership sent me to a paintless dent repair guy that was truly magical to watch. Took him over an hour of very slowly working the metal back to its original shape. Really wish it had not happened but not one person so far has been able to find the remains of the dent. Truly the only way to find it now is that the paint in that spot is actually smoother to the touch than the rest of the car. That will change when I claybar the entire car.

Car also has a defective radiator. End cap was not sealed so during PDI drive (which the dealership was kind enough to let me pilot) was over there was steam rising from under the hood. Lift the hood and the leak was obvious. New radiator and install was at least a two day wait so dealer mechaninc suggested we try to repair just to get me home. Turns out the end cap was not fully seated against the oring and the crimp not complete to hold it on. Fully seated and the crimp manually compressed to hold it, the radiator has not leaked another drop. I need to bring it in to be replaced but dread having my local dealer do it. Really wish there was a way for Ford to just hand me the radiator in a box and me give them the old one. I would do it myself. I just know something else will get damaged, not to mention the 'test drives' Not sure what to do on the radiator. It's fine for now but I need to do something soon if I am going to persue.

Otherwise car is AWSOME, dealer was great and did everything he could to make things right as fast as humanly possible. I would not hesitate to do business there again and likely will. so much different than the way I have been treated at the Houston dealerships since my connection to Tomball Ford retired.

OK, enough story for now. Gotta go show the car to some coworkers now.....:-)

Thanks for the info. Sorry to hear about the problems. More and more cooling system issues seem to be reported.

I have an update as to the Flat Rock holiday schedule. They will shut down 12/22 and will resume 1/02. jc is quite right in that the bottle neck is from striping.

All this being said, even if my transit begins before 12/22 and I really hope it does NOT at this point, considering it will be sitting in a rail yard or trucking facility and I won't see it until who knows when with who knows what kind of damage.

For those following and those waiting themselves, good news this afternoon. My dealer called around 4:30 as they were unloading it from the truck. I got there around 6:00, hasn't been PDI'd, but he let me take it for the inaugural drive. 8.9 Miles on the odo. It still doesn't seem real. ETA was 12/7, dealer says it was trucked all the way, no rail (which he says is abnormal). I'll have pics tomorrow.

Having just received mine Monday 12/11 and going throught this same twilight zone. I think I have pieced together what the dates mean and when you can expect your car. The computerized ETA at dealer is actually very accurate for a Mustang or unstripped Shelby. Right now stripping is running about 10 days turn around. If you add this 10 days to your eta you will have a much better idea of when to expect your car. Holidays and weekends shift things some so its not exact. I was able to confirm that Flat Rock is no longer entering rail car numbers on the screen that CS uses to report information to you. So once the car is REL FRN PLT they will have no further info. Your dealer and his zone rep CAN find the rail car for you and find the car. Mine showed up at the dealer exactly 10 days after the computerized ETA. Covered in dirt and grime from snow, ice and storms. and a dent.....another story. All good now.

Car is AWSOME by the way and worth all the trouble.

I assume you mean striping and not stripping? Or maybe there is a new process where they are removing items from the car? :hysterical2:

As for finding the rail car, can you give more specifics? My dealer says he can't find it. Where can he look? He did look in CONCEPS and did not see it there. What gives?

Dave

For those following and those waiting themselves, good news this afternoon. My dealer called around 4:30 as they were unloading it from the truck. I got there around 6:00, hasn't been PDI'd, but he let me take it for the inaugural drive. 8.9 Miles on the odo. It still doesn't seem real. ETA was 12/7, dealer says it was trucked all the way, no rail (which he says is abnormal). I'll have pics tomorrow.

Great news Marc!!! I may want to converse with you. I'll pm you.

Dave

I assume you mean striping and not stripping? Or maybe there is a new process where they are removing items from the car? :hysterical2:

As for finding the rail car, can you give more specifics? My dealer says he can't find it. Where can he look? He did look in CONCEPS and did not see it there. What gives?

Dave

My dealer never got a rail number, nor could CS find one. My status remained as released from plant to the very end, and never showed a status of "shipped". They ended up sending the car via truck here to KY.

Are you trying to track a rail car? The number should show in the same place that use to say 'rel from plt' and it will look like ETTX 12345. Your dealer can call the VOPC number and track it.

yes, SC, I know all that. The problem is that if you read one of the earlier posts they are saying that Ford no longer puts the rail car number on the screen. Mine is released from foreign plant, but no one has a rail car number. Any ideas?

Dave

Ask your service advisor who is their best mechanic? Ask for him to do the work on your car. Introduce yourself to him before he starts on it and offer him $20 to be extra careful with your car. Once the mechanic meets you and realizes what the car means to you he will treat it with a greater respect.

Thats a great idea, think I'll do that. Getting to know him will help in the future as well....

yes, SC, I know all that. The problem is that if you read one of the earlier posts they are saying that Ford no longer puts the rail car number on the screen. Mine is released from foreign plant, but no one has a rail car number. Any ideas?

Dave

My dealer could not get it from Concepts etiher, was not on the screen, just as CS said. The Zone rep was able to make a phone call and get it and they (he and dealer) tracked it from there. I never did get the number, not that it matters now.

Called CS 2 days in a Row and each day they told me my car was: "Awaiting selection by computer order selection for submission to the plant". I asked them, if the car was on material hold and thy said NO. I hope that today they tell me my order is "sub to plant". :hyper:

Ask your service advisor who is their best mechanic? Ask for him to do the work on your car. Introduce yourself to him before he starts on it and offer him $20 to be extra careful with your car. Once the mechanic meets you and realizes what the car means to you he will treat it with a greater respect.

There are pro's and cons to this. Some master tech's don't want to do apprentice jobs. Most service managers don't want their highest paid person doing them either. PDI'S are usually done by an apprentice unless the shop is dead, and the journeymen are willing to do them. And floating them a 20 BEFORE they would do it, insinuating they are not careful to begin with is like a slap in the face.

I would talk to the service manager. Let him know how you feel so he can talk the tech. After the job is done if you feel they did a thorough job and were careful ,then flow the person a :idea: 20.

There are pro's and cons to this. Some master tech's don't want to do apprentice jobs. Most service managers don't want their highest paid person doing them either. PDI'S are usually done by an apprentice unless the shop is dead, and the journeymen are willing to do them. And floating them a 20 BEFORE they would do it, insinuating they are not careful to begin with is like a slap in the face.

I would talk to the service manager. Let him know how you feel so he can talk the tech. After the job is done if you feel they did a thorough job and were careful ,then flow the person a :idea: 20.

I used to be a mechanic. I agree with your first point....if anyone tried to offer me money and said "take care of it for me", I'd roll my eyes and treat it like any other car I worked on (which by the way is excellent...I treated all my customers very well).

Dave

If you recall, I called CS on Wednesday, and they gave me an eta of 12/9. When I mentioned that this was in the past, I got silence.

I called Thursday and they said eta of 12/22.

I called today and they said 12/9. More silence when I mentioned that was a week ago. :hysterical2:

Musical delivery dates. :headspin::rant:

Dave

You are so close. I can imagine your PSDS is going whack-"O".

You are so close. I can imagine your PSDS is going whack-"O".

Whack-o is right. I'm checking my voicemail at work every 10 minutes. :hysterical2: I don't own a cell phone.... :banghead:

It's so funny. In some ways I'm very high tech...I have a complete CAT5 phone system in my house that I designed and built myself, 2 computers networked with 10/100 ethernet, satellite TV, a wireless router for my work laptop, etc. However, we just bought our first DVD player a month ago (went to rent a VHS tape and the guy laughed at us :hysterical2: ), and we STILL don't have any plans to buy cell phones (we have no kids, and my wife and I work in the same building - I need a night out with the guys :hyper: ), and I thought the below was an ipod until I saw the postings on here.

post-3382-1166237509_thumb.jpg

Dave

Whack-o is right. I'm checking my voicemail at work every 10 minutes. :hysterical2: I don't own a cell phone.... :banghead:

It's so funny. In some ways I'm very high tech...I have a complete CAT5 phone system in my house that I designed and built myself, 2 computers networked with 10/100 ethernet, satellite TV, a wireless router for my work laptop, etc. However, we just bought our first DVD player a month ago (went to rent a VHS tape and the guy laughed at us :hysterical2: ), and we STILL don't have any plans to buy cell phones (we have no kids, and my wife and I work in the same building - I need a night out with the guys :hyper: ), and I thought the below was an ipod until I saw the postings on here.

Dave

Wow,

I have had a company cell phone since 1991. I remember it was the size of a brick in a big leather holster.

Now I have a lab top computer the size of my palm on my hip that is also a phone. I heard they are making phones with a 4 shot gun inside them now.

How do you find all that stuff??? :doh:

I spend one hour a week on what I call "nostalgia". It keeps me sane. It can be anything related to my childhood. Droopy dog was my favorite cartoon when I was a kid, so I did a google and found some of this movies/audio. I have several more.

Here is the hour I spent this week. Give some of those candy cigarettes to your sister's 4 year-old and see the look on her face. :finger:

http://www.nostalgiccandy.com/

Dave

Archived