TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Non SVT/Non PA dealership orders

rmustgt

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well the news today further baffles me. I was sure from what I've heard here that I had it figured out.

I called cs today, and was told my car was waiting for a rail car. I even spoke with a super asking how I could go from released right to waiting for a rail car? I got no explanation, just told that was what information they had on the screen. I wonder. I was even told my dealer had more pull then they did contacting the factory to obtain information.???

The new delivery date is 12/01-12/07.

I bought a house that was built in a rushed way. And it has it's problems. I can only hope this doesn't turn out the same.

Damn, what am I saying? It's almost here,and it's going to be perfect!!

Hang in there all ye mat. hold members, you will be job 2 recipients! Here is wishing a speedy scheduling to all!

My car has been released for transit. 12/03 to 12/10 dealer delivery date. Just may be able to drive her home.

If anyone in the new england area has the charcoal/black door panels and wants the crimson let me know. I would be willing to trade. At 900.00 a pop, just a bit to expensive for me to buy them. I had to go crimson to get tungsten stripes on my Alloy coupe.

I just found out today that my order will be pulled and submitted to plant between 12/14 and 12/22. I may get a Vin# for Christmas. :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

Given the info above, if my order is Sub to plant 12/22/06, When do you think my car will be at the dealer. Anyone care to speculate ?

I just found out today that my order will be pulled and submitted to plant between 12/14 and 12/22. I may get a Vin# for Christmas. :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

My order was pulled on Friday, Dec. 1st. I had my VIN# on Monday, Dec. 4th. Called CS yesterday, and scheduled production is estimated at 1st week of January. Yours should be in January also!!! Can't Wait, but have to!!!

Given the info above, if my order is Sub to plant 12/22/06, When do you think my car will be at the dealer. Anyone care to speculate ?

Mine was built on Oct 6 and I picked it up from the dealer Nov 3. Some have had a wait of only two weeks from build to delivery, others as long as two months.

CC

Mine was built on Oct 6 and I picked it up from the dealer Nov 3. Some have had a wait of only two weeks from build to delivery, others as long as two months.

CC

It is odd how that works. Also I am trying to find out how long the holiday shutdown is, as this will affect my dates and push them out.

For those keeping track of build status/progress,as posted before, my scheduled date of 11/20 and estimated delivery date of 12/3-12/10 has come and gone as many others have. There is no rail car number. I am more then 500 miles from Flat Rock. I am now and forever stuck in the advanced material hold,"released from plant".

The dealer has stated that the rep indicated no information is available beyond released from plant. Those that were able to get a rail car number or shipping info were very lucky I think. The only positive from my dealer is they said as soon as it arrives they will try to detain the driver for me. I am about a twenty minute drive away. I guess I am resolved to not have a clue how or when it will arrive. I am very disappointed with ford customer service and whoever provides them with status updates. They really don't care about providing this info to customers. Supervisors can't or won't elevate the issue even though the delivery date has come and gone. I know I'm beating a dead horse here.

Last, I will say those with post 11/20 schedule/build dates expecting to get they're car before christmas, I think the grinch might have something to say about it. His name is Ebeneezer.

Thanks. I know that. I got to see one back in August. And I agree with most that it looks nice online,but it looks A LOT better in person. Hard to explain it just does. And I got to hear it parked as well. You know it's supercharged.

I just don't appreciate getting bogus info knowingly and an,"oh well" with it.

Just to add, I swear I'll not hit that horse again.

Last, I will say those with post 11/20 schedule/build dates expecting to get they're car before christmas, I think the grinch might have something to say about it. His name is Carnut

I knew he was up to no good. :rant:

I am very disappointed with ford customer service and whoever provides them with status updates. They really don't care about providing this info to customers. Supervisors can't or won't elevate the issue even though the delivery date has come and gone. I know I'm beating a dead horse here.

Get this...I called CS today and they said my status was "released from plant", and my eta was 12/9. I asked her if that seemed odd to her, and there was a moment of silence, followed by "no, why". :doh:

When I mentioned to her that 12/9 was Saturday, she said "oh, well is the car there?" :rant:

I said politely "no".

She said "what does your dealer tell you?"

I said "he told me to call you". :hysterical2:

I have a headache.

Rob, give me some advil dude. Rollerboy, got any paint thinner fumes for me to sniff? :finger:

Dave

Get this...I called CS today and they said my status was "released from plant", and my eta was 12/9. I asked her if that seemed odd to her, and there was a moment of silence, followed by "no, why". :doh:

When I mentioned to her that 12/9 was Saturday, she said "oh, well is the car there?" :rant:

I said politely "no".

She said "what does your dealer tell you?"

I said "he told me to call you". :hysterical2:

I have a headache.

Rob, give me some advil dude. Rollerboy, got any paint thinner fumes for me to sniff? :finger:

Dave

Dave,

CS reflected a status of "Released from plant" for mine for about 2 weeks. The whole time my expected delivery date remained the week of 12/7. When I called yesterday, my status has changed to "Released to foreign plant" (striping). At this point (and based on the experience of others) I don't place any credence in the expected delivery date. It seems the system is not configured for the foreign plant subassembly when the dates are projected. The dealers are unfortunately no more informed than we are. I'll feel lucky if mine gets here before Christmas, though I'm not holding my breath. And to think I thought Material Hold was frustrating...

-Marc

Dave,

CS reflected a status of "Released from plant" for mine for about 2 weeks. The whole time my expected delivery date remained the week of 12/7. When I called yesterday, my status has changed to "Released to foreign plant" (striping). At this point (and based on the experience of others) I don't place any credence in the expected delivery date. It seems the system is not configured for the foreign plant subassembly when the dates are projected. The dealers are unfortunately no more informed than we are. I'll feel lucky if mine gets here before Christmas, though I'm not holding my breath. And to think I thought Material Hold was frustrating...

-Marc

Thanks for sharing Marc...seems we are in a similar boat. Today I called and the CS told me that the status field had the "REL FRM PLNT" code, but then there was some text next to it that said (and these are the exact words...I had her read them to me twice)..."The foreign assembly plant has released the vehicle". I THINK the foreign plant is the striping plant, so that would mean striping is completed. However, I'm surprised the status field didn't reflect this.

I'm trying to be patient, but I admit it's difficult at times like these. The illogical part is that once I get it here, I won't drive it until spring (Indiana), so I really shouldn't care when it arrives.

Dave

Thanks for sharing Marc...seems we are in a similar boat. Today I called and the CS told me that the status field had the "REL FRM PLNT" code, but then there was some text next to it that said (and these are the exact words...I had her read them to me twice)..."The foreign assembly plant has released the vehicle". I THINK the foreign plant is the striping plant, so that would mean striping is completed. However, I'm surprised the status field didn't reflect this.

I'm trying to be patient, but I admit it's difficult at times like these. The illogical part is that once I get it here, I won't drive it until spring (Indiana), so I really shouldn't care when it arrives.

Dave

Our cars definitely seem to be in the twilight zone together. Mine was bucked on the 24th. I may call CS again today to see if anything has changed and I'll post if I hear anything. I'm in the same boat as you here in Western KY, it will be going straight to the garage most likely, but at least I'll be able to sit in the garage and look at it.

Hey Dave, my story is exactly like yours my car was supposed to deliver on Sat. 12/9 to south side of Indy and no car. Customer service says rel from plant. And the dealership doesnt know where it is. P.S. If your car is coming to Indiana I bet our cars come in on the same truck.

Archived