TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Non SVT/Non PA dealership orders

rmustgt

50 per day X 5 days = 250 units per week

250 per week X 4 weeks = 1000 units per month

1000 units X 9 months of production = 9000 units.

This is assuming June 2006 thru Feb. 2007 production.

Now you have to take out all the shutdowns, and vacation days.

Sounds like around 8000 units to me !!!

Yep, that's how the math works. This is just another example of why this whole process is so frustrating. There's just too much conflicting information out there. If Ford would just give me a :censored: VIN#, I'd feel much better. :banghead:

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep, that's how the math works. This is just another example of why this whole process is so frustrating. There's just too much conflicting information out there. If Ford would just give me a :censored: VIN#, I'd feel much better. :banghead:

I hear you rpretzel, but I am seeing the writing on the wall now that we are down to the last 3 or 4 months of GT500 production for the 2007 model run. It is too bad that the production numbers might not hit the higher end of the spectrum for 07. Lower supply for the market fuels the ADM as we know. :ohsnap:

I hear you rpretzel, but I am seeing the writing on the wall now that we are down to the last 3 or 4 months of GT500 production for the 2007 model run. It is too bad that the production numbers might not hit the higher end of the spectrum for 07. Lower supply for the market fuels the ADM as we know. :ohsnap:

But for those of us who have a signed written deal and a Q2 2007 build date this is good news :banana piano: . This would be good news :yahoo: for once. But until I hear about Q2 builds being done in Q1 I will sit back and relax :banghead: .

But for those of us who have a signed written deal and a Q2 2007 build date this is good news :banana piano: . This would be good news :yahoo: for once. But until I hear about Q2 builds being done in Q1 I will sit back and relax :banghead: .

sbornitz , (yikes what a name) Good news is comming soon for you and I and pretzel stick soon. :hyper:

sbornitz , (yikes what a name) Good news is comming soon for you and I and pretzel stick soon. :hyper:

Not sure if it would be better to have a last name of Pretzel. I got stuck with a last name of Bornitz. I can only thank my parents for seeing the instanity of my Grandparents when they asked that I be named Clarence Bruno Bornitz III :redcard: . Instead I got a first name of Steve :banana piano: . The one funny thing was that my wife has a "z" in her maiden name and hated it and then she married into another last name with a "z" in it. But I got lucky and got a car gal :spiteful: .

Not sure if it would be better to have a last name of Pretzel. I got stuck with a last name of Bornitz. I can only thank my parents for seeing the instanity of my Grandparents when they asked that I be named Clarence Bruno Bornitz III :redcard: . Instead I got a first name of Steve :banana piano: . The one funny thing was that my wife has a "z" in her maiden name and hated it and then she married into another last name with a "z" in it. But I got lucky and got a car gal :spiteful: .

Wow, I am glad you cleared that up. I am calling you Steve from now on. :P

Thanks for the update, Rob. The zone reps comment about "production planned thru March/April 2007 for '07 model year Shelbys" seems to jive with what Ralph told me. Product is planned through the end of the model year, but it's looking like they'll be done in February. (i.e. maybe things are progressing faster than planned)

All I know is, based on what I've seen of Ford thus far, I'm not holding my breath. I'll be happy if I get my Shelby anytime before July 2007.

rpretzel,

How in the heck does Ford figure out when our cars will come off of material hold. You would think that CS would be able to give us some sort of idea. :shrug:

Every now and then the government releases files on top secret stuff that happened a long time ago, just so people can know I guess. So maybe in 50 years Ford will release their theory behind who gets pulled and who does not. (though I don't beleive they are organized enough to keep a record :hysterical: )

Unfortunately, I don't think Ford has a theory or process. It seems to me that there is just a big fishbowl with a bunch of names in it. Everyday they draw out 50 names, and those are the folks who get their car built

Unfortunately, I don't think Ford has a theory or process. It seems to me that there is just a big fishbowl with a bunch of names in it. Everyday they draw out 50 names, and those are the folks who get their car built

Hence the Lottery. I feel lucky, do you Punk. :hysterical:

I felt lucky 6 months ago when this was all new. Now I just feel like that dog in National Lampoon's Vacation.

But your a cat. At least you have Shelby Floor mats in your office under your desk to rest your feet on. Now exhaust being ordered on Monday. You are a sick man. :headspin:

But your a cat. At least you have Shelby Floor mats in your office under your desk to rest your feet on. Now exhaust being ordered on Monday. You are a sick man. :headspin:

I know, I know. My wife thinks I'm nuts. But I have to do something to alleviate the PSDS. Buying stuff is the only thing that seems to work. I figure, if I get enough accessories gathered together, the Shelby will magically appear around them. :hysterical2::headspin::drop:

I know, I know. My wife thinks I'm nuts. But I have to do something to alleviate the PSDS. Buying stuff is the only thing that seems to work. I figure, if I get enough accessories gathered together, the Shelby will magically appear around them. :hysterical2::headspin::drop:

I hear ya. With X-mas here, ordering parts for myself, would be a big :finger: NO, No.

The spankings would stop. A man has to go about these things vewy vewy carefowy. :baby:

50 per day X 5 days = 250 units per week

250 per week X 4 weeks = 1000 units per month

1000 units X 9 months of production = 9000 units.

This is assuming June 2006 thru Feb. 2007 production.

Now you have to take out all the shutdowns, and vacation days.

Sounds like around 8000 units to me !!!

But you are assuming they will STAY at 50/day. WHat if the Mazda demand is decreasing or is seasonal? Same with the other Mustang flavors. They may start building 60, 80, or even 100 GT500s/day for a while.

Dave

But you are assuming they will STAY at 50/day. WHat if the Mazda demand is decreasing or is seasonal? Same with the other Mustang flavors. They may start building 60, 80, or even 100 GT500s/day for a while.

Dave

I wonder if the supply on the special parts that have to go into the Gt500, like the 6 spd, and all the other High performance parts is keeping up with production. I sure hope so. I remember last summer the GT had a shortage of 5 spd's for a while.

Dave, my glass got filled back up. Not to worry.

I have now been released from plant. With a revised dealer delivery date of 12/10. I wonder if she's lonely? You think I could find her? Would she answer my call?

Sounds like a good holiday movie to me!

And time to edit. Looks like from what I get from alloy Daves post, my car has been released from plant to be striped. So if this is a 5-7 business day process, at the latest it should be back to the plant by 12/06. If these are correct times frames, and I fall within them it is very realistic to get it by christmas. Ho ho ho!

I have now been released from plant. With a revised dealer delivery date of 12/10. I wonder if she's lonely? You think I could find her? Would she answer my call?

And time to edit. Looks like from what I get from alloy Daves post, my car has been released from plant to be striped. So if this is a 5-7 business day process, at the latest it should be back to the plant by 12/06. If these are correct times frames, and I fall within them it is very realistic to get it by christmas. Ho ho ho!

442 - Once the striping is completed, my status code changed to "Released from Foreign Plant". It stayed that way for close to three weeks. Then, when I called Customer Service (on Monday of last week), they couldn't pull a status code on the car and didn't have an answer for what had happened. I received a call from my dealer two days later and it was at the dealership. My car would have been transported from the plant to Kansas City by rail, and then by transport another 250 miles to the dealership.

Your experience may be completely different, this is just they way mine arrived. Just wanted to share as much information as possible with those still waiting, because it really sucked!!!!!!!

hsurb

442 - Once the striping is completed, my status code changed to "Released from Foreign Plant". It stayed that way for close to three weeks. Then, when I called Customer Service (on Monday of last week), they couldn't pull a status code on the car and didn't have an answer for what had happened. I received a call from my dealer two days later and it was at the dealership. My car would have been transported from the plant to Kansas City by rail, and then by transport another 250 miles to the dealership.

Your experience may be completely different, this is just they way mine arrived. Just wanted to share as much information as possible with those still waiting, because it really sucked!!!!!!!

hsurb

My car also late by three weeks and a few days, a very long wait. :cry:

Great news! I'd feel pretty confident you'll have it before the holidays...I'm even hoping to get mine by then. Darn thing won't fit under the tree though...at least not the tree in my living room.

Dave

hsurb

I agree...you can't always trust the info from CS. Mine went from bucked, to released from plant, then back to bucked again. What's up with that? :redcard:

So I called Ford CS yesterday to get my monthly Material Hold status. Then she tells me to call back next week to check the status again. This has never happened to me before. So has this happened to any of you? I guess this time maybe I got someone who might actually care. :hysterical::hysterical:

When I spoke with CS last Wed. They told me to go ahead and call once a week, or B-Weekly. I am going to call today since a week has gone by. My dealer usually faxs me a weekley print out on Thursday or Friday but since the holiday last week, he did not.

Yeah, I've had a number of CSRs encourage me to keep calling back...and at least one tell me they get a lot of calls on the GT500 re: order status. I've been impressed with how helpful and friendly most have been. I've hit a couple of duds, but most have been great.

I agree. I've usually had a very good experience. I used to call once a week, but it started making me depressed. Now I only call once per month. It's better to be depressed once per month than four times per month. I'm never going to get a VIN. :banghead:

I agree. I've usually had a very good experience. I used to call once a week, but it started making me depressed. Now I only call once per month. It's better to be depressed once per month than four times per month. I'm never going to get a VIN. :banghead:

I was trying to hold off for once a month or every other but now with the info that production will be done in April I find myself wanting to call daily. Then I remember that I was on hold for 10 minutes :banghead: before I got to talk to anyone. So I will resolve for bi weekly.

I was trying to hold off for once a month or every other but now with the info that production will be done in April I find myself wanting to call daily. Then I remember that I was on hold for 10 minutes :banghead: before I got to talk to anyone. So I will resolve for bi weekly.

I called SVT yesterday. They told me production is through May and 2008 production starts in June.

I have to verify with pretzel.

Oh pretzel..........

Oh :censored: . We're not going to hash over this again, are we?

1) Yes, the 2007 model year officially ends in May 2008, and the 2008 model year starts the beginning of June 2008.

2) Ralph told me they expect to "complete production of the 2007's sometime in February." I don't know if he meant the currently allocated cars will be finsihed in February and they will keep building through May for more "share-of-nation" or if Ford will actually stop all production of Shelbys in March, April and May. I tend to lean toward the former.

Oh :censored: . We're not going to hash over this again, are we?

1) Yes, the 2007 model year officially ends in May 2008, and the 2008 model year starts the beginning of June 2008.

2) Ralph told me they expect to "complete production of the 2007's sometime in February." I don't know if he meant the currently allocated cars will be finsihed in February and they will keep building through May for more "share-of-nation" or if Ford will actually stop all production of Shelbys in March, April and May. I tend to lean toward the former.

Sorry Pretzel :finger: . As long as you promise to not sent the kitty to my house I promise to not bring up that point again :beatdeadhorse: .

Archived