TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Non SVT/Non PA dealership orders

rmustgt

+1

CC

(rpretzel I keep hoping I'll see a "vin #" post from you soon--hang in there) :shift:

Thanks, CC. My impatience got the best of me, and I called Ralph today. Great guy, but really couldn't help. Basically said I'll just have to wait. Small dealer = low priority

He did say one other interesting thing. He said Ford plans to complete building the 2007 models in February. I guess that means all of us Q2, 2007 folks may have a chance of seeing our Shelbys a little earlier than planned. I can only hope.

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I called Ralph today.

He did say one other interesting thing. He said Ford plans to complete building the 2007 models in February. I guess that means all of us Q2, 2007 folks may have a chance of seeing our Shelbys a little earlier than planned. I can only hope.

rpretzel,

What you are talking about is bringing a huge smile to my face since I am a Q1 build.

Tell me more my friend. What could this mean for me ? :mellow:

rpretzel,

What you are talking about is bringing a huge smile to my face since I am a Q1 build.

Tell me more my friend. What could this mean for me ? :mellow:

Sorry, Rob. That's all I've got. Ralph wouldn't get very specific. I got the impression that Shelbys are being build a bit faster than originally planned. Does that mean you might get yours earlier than Q1? I guess it's possible, but that's only speculation. Even after the 'February' comment, he wouldn't say that I could expect my Shelby before Q2.

It'll all be better once we get VIN's. Ralph asked me to call him back when I got a VIN, and he would track my order. Great guy.

It'll all be better once we get VIN's. Ralph asked me to call him back when I got a VIN, and he would track my order. Great guy.

So, is Ralph the General Production Foreman ? How do some of you guys have a "in" with him. You call him directly at work, and he looks your car up, and gives you a status ? I need a PM from you...Please.

Rob

Hey rpretzel, if you feel like getting creative to try coming up with when your order will be pulled try this.

Get your factory zone reps email address or phone number. There are many creative way's to obtain this if you feel funny asking your dealer.

Ask the rep if they have an idea of where your dealers at in line. Since you said small dealer, I assume your dealer only gets one this year and that is yours?

Most reps have that game plan mapped out already so it's not like your asking for them to create a formula for you. The biggest variable is nobody knowing how many cars the rep will be allotted each month in their zone,but they should still be able to tell you where your at on the depth chart.

generic formula???

gerriatrics????

Hey rpretzel, if you feel like getting creative to try coming up with when your order will be pulled try this.

Get your factory zone reps email address or phone number. There are many creative way's to obtain this if you feel funny asking your dealer.

Ask the rep if they have an idea of where your dealers at in line. Since you said small dealer, I assume your dealer only gets one this year and that is yours?

Most reps have that game plan mapped out already so it's not like your asking for them to create a formula for you. The biggest variable is nobody knowing how many cars the rep will be allotted each month in their zone,but they should still be able to tell you where your at on the depth chart.

generic formula???

gerriatrics????

Thanks, 442. Do you have any suggestions for how I might find out who my zone rep is?

generic formula???

gerriatrics????

I did just what you suggested. The only thing different is that, the Rep. e-mailed me at the request of the dealer. Anyways, the Rep. placed the order (VOC) in my name for the dealer and then told me that nothing will happen till late Dec. or Jan. With this new information from rpretzel on the builds going faster, I am going to have to send her another e-mail for an update.

Rob

Why did your rep place your order? Did your dealer forget how to type?

I think it's a two-step process. Your dealer places the order (Indicated by an "E" code on the DORA), then the regional rep enters the order (indicated by a "T" code on the DORA).

(I might have those codes reversed)

I think it's a two-step process. Your dealer places the order (Indicated by an "E" code on the DORA), then the regional rep enters the order (indicated by a "T" code on the DORA).

(I might have those codes reversed)

You are correct. But my small dealer did not know how to order the car so my order was always a "T" code. See DORA attached. I am hoping that since the DORA has my name on it, that the window sticker will too. Note that the top says "distric submitted".

Indeed. The rep places the order to the factory based on a number of criteria. (Not goneriera). Hehe. Each month your rep has a boss that tells them how many of the GT500's they have to allocate within their zone. And based on the criteria, who gets their car when.

Rpretzel. You can contact another dealer in your area and ask them for rep contact info because your having an issue with another dealer. Or you can be straight up," which may get you a cold shoulder", and say you want more info.NOW. YESTERDAY. Oh,sorry. Most will comply with your request if you express the first reason.

It's what I did.

You are correct. But my small dealer did not know how to order the car so my order was always a "T" code. See DORA attached. I am hoping that since the DORA has my name on it, that the window sticker will too. Note that the top says "distric submitted".

The dealer didn't know how to order it? That seems a little strange. Why would ordering a Shelby be any different than ordering any other inventory?

The dealer didn't know how to order it? That seems a little strange. Why would ordering a Shelby be any different than ordering any other inventory?

This Small Non PA dealer is a Dodge / Jeep / Ford dealer. Has all 3 big signs out front. Anyway there was a turnover with the person that used to order the Fords, so the zone Rep. is helping keep the cars flowing to the dealership untill the new order guy gets familiar with the Ford ordering system. The guy now knows how to do it. Take a look at this print out and note all the "T" orders. Mine is circled.

This looks totally different than mine. I wonder why? My dealer punched in the order in front of me and in a couple hours I had a copy. It does not have a 't' or 'e' code on it. It has dealer info, dates, options, my name etc.

Bill,

Look at post #488. My DORA is in that post and shows that stuff. This one is just the weekly report out that I get every Thursday.

This Small Non PA dealer is a Dodge / Jeep / Ford dealer. Has all 3 big signs out front. Anyway there was a turnover with the person that used to order the Fords, so the zone Rep. is helping keep the cars flowing to the dealership untill the new order guy gets familiar with the Ford ordering system. The guy now knows how to do it. Take a look at this print out and note all the "T" orders. Mine is circled.

Ah, OK. For a small dealer, they have quite a few orders pending. My dealer is also a multiple manufacturer dealer. As you can see from the attached vehicle status report their volume is pretty darn low.

post-2517-1164157158_thumb.jpg

post-2517-1164157158_thumb.jpg

Ah, OK. For a small dealer, they have quite a few orders pending. My dealer is also a multiple manufacturer dealer. As you can see from the attached vehicle status report their volume is pretty darn low.

One thing to note on my order status report. The dealer has 4 other Shelby's ordered on that sheet, with the "E" code. No DORA's were ever printed for those, because they were not accepted because thay are only allocated ONE (Mine). Those orders were thrown in "just in case" Share of the nation" cars become available. Lots of Luck.

I know, I get the weekly one also...well right now I am having them print out twice a week. But the DORA looks a little different for some reason.

Sorry for the angry posts earlier . Too much going on right now. Probably shouldn't even be here anymore, but can't seem to break away.

All is good here Bill. :D

Thought I'd provide an update on my car. I first found out I was serialized and received a VIN about 10 days ago. Since then I've been segmented, and today called and was told I was bucked. They gave an estimated arrival date range of 12/8/06 to 12/15/06.

Time to sell some stock..I'll need the funds soon.

On a related note, I have an interesting story to share. There is a small dealer in my town (I did not buy from them). They are a non PA, non SVT dealer. I stopped in today to pick up a 2007 Mustang brochure. There are two pages on the GT500, but none on the Shelby GT. I asked them if they had sold their Shelby yet (singular), and the guy said "We sold the first one, it's been delivered and gone. The second one is sold, and it will be here in Q1, and the third one has 2 offers of first refusal on it. In other words, this small dealership is getting 3...WOW. I did not ask how much they were selling for (I don't know if I would have received a truthful answer), but I got the impression that they were going for over sticker.

Dave

I have a Rock solid contract signed by them and Me. Not to mention, they cashed my deposit check of 5K.

Is this what you mean ?

I was commenting on what a lot of us,"myself included", that some dealers are deciding to not honor their word or contract and attempt to drop the raised ADM bomb. :drop:

The three car/small dealer thing smells like ROCK cod. You know? Cod sitting out on a rock in the sun all day.

I was commenting on what a lot of us,"myself included", that some dealers are deciding to not honor their word or contract and attempt to drop the raised ADM bomb. :drop:

I am not worrying about that. I am paying a ADM Bomb as I already told everyone :shades: . They are making a pretty penny off of me, and I am getting the car of my dreams. B)

Congrats Dave. It will be interesting keeping track of our progress as you stated earlier. Your build date was 11/27? And your bucked a week early? My build date was 11/20 and I was bucked yesterday. Are you in Colorado?

No, Indiana. My build date has varied depending on which day I called. It's been anywhere from 11/27 to 12/2. I'll be out of town for Thanksgiving for a couple days starting tomorrow night....see everyone on the weekend.

Dave

Thanks, CC. My impatience got the best of me, and I called Ralph today. Great guy, but really couldn't help. Basically said I'll just have to wait. Small dealer = low priority

Rpretzel: After you posted the above information, it really got my attention, I e-mailed my Zone Rep who has worked for Ford for many (17 I think) years. She just sent me this at 6:30 am this morning:

Hi Rob -

As far as I know, nothing has changed......all 2007 Shelby orders will be built before the end of the 2007 'model' year, not 'calendar' year. We have production planned thru March/April 2007 for '07 model year Shelbys. If I could pull your order ahead to this calendar year - trust me, I would.

I will keep you posted on anything else I hear......

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Rpretzel: After you posted the above information, it really got my attention, I e-mailed my Zone Rep who has worked for Ford for many (17 I think) years. She just sent me this at 6:30 am this morning:

Hi Rob -

As far as I know, nothing has changed......all 2007 Shelby orders will be built before the end of the 2007 'model' year, not 'calendar' year. We have production planned thru March/April 2007 for '07 model year Shelbys. If I could pull your order ahead to this calendar year - trust me, I would.

I will keep you posted on anything else I hear......

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Thanks for the update, Rob. The zone reps comment about "production planned thru March/April 2007 for '07 model year Shelbys" seems to jive with what Ralph told me. Product is planned through the end of the model year, but it's looking like they'll be done in February. (i.e. maybe things are progressing faster than planned)

All I know is, based on what I've seen of Ford thus far, I'm not holding my breath. I'll be happy if I get my Shelby anytime before July 2007.

Thanks for the update, Rob. The zone reps comment about "production planned thru March/April 2007 for '07 model year Shelbys" seems to jive with what Ralph told me. Product is planned through the end of the model year, but it's looking like they'll be done in February. (i.e. maybe things are progressing faster than planned)

All I know is, based on what I've seen of Ford thus far, I'm not holding my breath. I'll be happy if I get my Shelby anytime before July 2007.

The other point of intrest is this Big question:

HOW MANY CARS WILL THEY DECIDE TO BUILD FOR 2007.

If they stick with 8000 instead of 10,000 - They will finish early.

I believe this to be the case : 8000 +/- units total for 2007. NOT 10,000.

How else would they finish early ????????????

The other point of intrest is this Big question:

HOW MANY CARS WILL THEY DECIDE TO BUILD FOR 2007.

If they stick with 8000 instead of 10,000 - They will finish early.

I believe this to be the case : 8000 +/- units total for 2007. NOT 10,000.

How else would they finish early ????????????

Ralph seemed pretty confident that approximately 10,000 would be built. :shrug:

Ralph seemed pretty confident that approximately 10,000 would be built. :shrug:

50 per day X 5 days = 250 units per week

250 per week X 4 weeks = 1000 units per month

1000 units X 9 months of production = 9000 units.

This is assuming June 2006 thru Feb. 2007 production.

Now you have to take out all the shutdowns, and vacation days.

Sounds like around 8000 units to me !!!

Archived