TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Non SVT/Non PA dealership orders

rmustgt

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh man. Talk about a bomb shell. Or rather shells. I was on material hold, now unscheduled. I hope I'm not doing the twilight zone dance here. I can hear it now; welcome to the fence post up ahead.....ahhhhh, the do de do do's are ring my ears!!!

Hey pretzel, turn that damn fan off. It's starting to attract flies. Where'd that dung come from?

Oh man. Talk about a bomb shell. Or rather shells. I was on material hold, now unscheduled. I hope I'm not doing the twilight zone dance here. I can hear it now; welcome to the fence post up head.....ahhhhh, the do de do do's are ring my ears!!!

I don't know, I think to hear anything other than material hold at this point would be a relief. I believe the third ring of hell is one rung higher on the ladder than material hold . :wacko:

Funny you should mention you're question 442, as I was just planning on posting my progress when I read you're post. I was on material hold until about Sept 12th or 13th and then I went to "Submit to plant". Since then I've checked with customer service about every day or two. Within a day or two after "Submit to plant", I got a VIN # and then got my scheduled build date of the week of Oct 2nd. Around Sept 27th or 28th I changed to "Bucked", and then "In production" shortly thereafter until Oct. 4th and then "Released from plant". It was about 9 days in striping until the 13th of October and then "Released to Convoy". The next day, the 14th, the "Convoy" (rail) had it from the 14th until about the 20th when it finally got to Joliet and the railyard to trucking depot (I think it said "Final Ramp"). The trucking company had it until yesterday when it arrived at my dealer last night!! My status was "Final Ramp" from the 20th until it arrived at the dealer. Luckily my guy at the dealer got a heads up from another dealer where the transporter had stopped and let him know the car was on its way and he called me so I was able to see it come off the transporter.

My biggest problems were the 9 days in striping, and the 6 days it took to get from Flat Rock to Joliet, IL, and the 6 days the truck carrier had it before it made the 3 hour drive from Joliet to my dealer. All in all, I think it ended up being about 44 days from my status changing from "Material hold" to "Submit to plant" until it arrived at my dealer last night. Six weeks isn't too bad compared to alot of the early cars that were built or the clutch hold cars.

Besides my car, there was a red Shelby with white stripes on the transporter heading to a Ford dealer in Granville, IL that was being delivered today. Anyone on this board buying that car in Granville, your car will be there today!!

Looking forward to picking up my car tommorow morning as it should be a nice weekend here!! Hope this helps.

Thanks epunhold. And congrats!! No, not that long at all. Interesting you went right from material hold to submit to plant. I think I need to make a call today to see if my order has been submitted? I don't want to call the dealer everyday though. I know I'd get tired of hearing myself. Enjoy that car!! Tell us how many miles it has on it when you get it.

I've got to hand it to you guys.

What drama here.

I'm surprised you haven't asked me for some meds. (at a discount, of course)

Y'all hang in there, you hear? The more you want something - the better it is when you get it.

Ruf - out. :shift:

Edit: I've driven one (Orf's). It's worth the wait - trust me. I'm jealous.

I've got to hand it to you guys.

What drama here.

I'm surprised you haven't asked me for some meds. (at a discount, of course)

Y'all hang in there, you hear? The more you want something - the better it is when you get it.

Ruf - out. :shift:

Edit: I've driven one (Orf's). It's worth the wait - trust me. I'm jealous.

When I call the 800#, they will only tell me it's built and still at the plant. No more specifics. That's been the answer for the last week. Just looking for someone that can give me more details.

Meds please.

hsurb

When I call the 800#, they will only tell me it's built and still at the plant. No more specifics. That's been the answer for the last week. Just looking for someone that can give me more details.

Meds please.

hsurb

Meds. Call 1-800-RUFMIESTER. That is probally the best deal in town, or try wallmart. :hysterical:

Sorry for any confusion on this issue. I was on Material Hold ever since my guy at the dealer put the order in in March also. I was on Material Hold until in September when my status changed to Submit to Plant. From when my status changed to Submit to plant until the car was at the dealer was about 44 days or so. Hope this helps. Going to pick it up now!!

Sorry for any confusion on this issue. I was on Material Hold ever since my guy at the dealer put the order in in March also. I was on Material Hold until in September when my status changed to Submit to Plant. From when my status changed to Submit to plant until the car was at the dealer was about 44 days or so. Hope this helps. Going to pick it up now!!

What color did you get. coupe or Vert?

I ordered mine early June from a non SVT small Dealership. I have a letter stating it will be built in 4th quarter 2007. It in on "Material Hold".

I don't know if that is 4th quarter calendar or build year. I don't care as long as it is an 07.

I ordered mine early June from a non SVT small Dealership. I have a letter stating it will be built in 4th quarter 2007. It in on "Material Hold".

I don't know if that is 4th quarter calendar or build year. I don't care as long as it is an 07.

My friend, sounds like you have a little bit of stand by time ahead of you. It is not so bad waiting if you know it is a foresure deal. I hope you have a good contract set up that you and the dealer signed. A small down payment with that contract is a sure way to lock in your future Shelby. Good luck man. B)

I'm sorry if I sound cold to newer members, here.

I waited 3 months for my Mustang GT.

So I have some sense of how y'all feel.

I can only imagine the frustration you feel - with no place to vent it - except here.

All I can do is remind y'all I've driven a Shelby - (Orf's) - and if I had one inbound, I'd be very happy!

Hang tough. The End - sometimes - justifies the Means. Trust me on this one. :shift:

Meds please.

hsurb

If yours is still at the plant then so is mine. You and I will probably get ours close to the same time. They just want to make sure everything is perfect before they deliver them to us thats all.

LOL ...we're like two expectant fathers in the waiting room... :party:

If yours is still at the plant then so is mine. You and I will probably get ours close to the same time. They just want to make sure everything is perfect before they deliver them to us thats all.

LOL ...we're like two expectant fathers in the waiting room... :party:

svtbird91:

I went to my dealership yesterday (Saturday) and they showed me their ordersheet that had the status of "Released from Plant" on Friday the 27th.

I sat in a grabber orange GT and now I really can't wait for the Shelby to arrive. Scheduled delivery date on the sheet was November 3rd.

hsurb

svtbird91:

I went to my dealership yesterday (Saturday) and they showed me their ordersheet that had the status of "Released from Plant" on Friday the 27th.

I sat in a grabber orange GT and now I really can't wait for the Shelby to arrive. Scheduled delivery date on the sheet was November 3rd.

hsurb

Don't mean to sound negative, but don't get your hopes up. Mine was built 10/2 and to be delivered on the 14th--it still hasn't shown up. This has happened to many of us. I hope you don't have this experience,but prepare yourself for the possiblity.

Hi svtbird and hsurb!!!! My car was showing "released from plant on Friday, 10/20. On Tuesday, 10/24 customer service service said the car had been shipped. On Wednesday, 10/25 my dealer was told by Ford that the car was "in transit". The car was to be at the dealer on Thursday, 10/26. It did not arrive. My dealer called Ford on Friday, 10/27 and he was told that my car was still sitting in Flat Rock because it was being held under a "quality hold". In fact "all Shelbys are being held under this "quality hold". I am having a hard time figuring out who to believe here because I see other guys taking delivery of their cars on Friday, 10/27 and Saturday, 10/28. All I want is to have my car delivered so I can drive it at least once before the snow flies. I don't know about you guys, but after waiting for over six months on this car, I"M FRUSTATED!!!!!!! Now, there, I feel better!! NOT!!! Do you guys have any ideas????

Hi svtbird and hsurb!!!! My car was showing "released from plant on Friday, 10/20. On Tuesday, 10/24 customer service service said the car had been shipped. On Wednesday, 10/25 my dealer was told by Ford that the car was "in transit". The car was to be at the dealer on Thursday, 10/26. It did not arrive. My dealer called Ford on Friday, 10/27 and he was told that my car was still sitting in Flat Rock because it was being held under a "quality hold". In fact "all Shelbys are being held under this "quality hold". I am having a hard time figuring out who to believe here because I see other guys taking delivery of their cars on Friday, 10/27 and Saturday, 10/28. All I want is to have my car delivered so I can drive it at least once before the snow flies. I don't know about you guys, but after waiting for over six months on this car, I"M FRUSTATED!!!!!!! Now, there, I feel better!! NOT!!! Do you guys have any ideas????

rmustgt:

I put a deposit of $5k down in January 2005 (2nd day of the NAIAS) when the "prototype" was unvieled. They had not even committed to the build, but I went directly to my dealer and he committed to selling his unit, if he could certifiy (since he wasn't an SVT dealer previously).

The dealer has been great to deal with. However the wait has been a killer.

Sounds like we're close though.

hsurb

Coldwater:

Have you received any updates on the status of your car?

Have you used Ralph to learn more about the status?

hsurb

HSURB,

The only updates I get now are from CS. I call them everyday Morning, Noon & Evening (almost 8 pm before they close) to see if their has been any new info added into the system. On my scheduled delivery date of Friday 10/27/06, I only called my dealer once & that was at the end of the day. (but I did drive thru his lot at 7:10 am & 6:15 pm & 11 pm just to see if it showed up before or after hours. (I know, I know....How bad Have I got it?) My dealer says they haven't even received my title yet so until that comes in I think I'm stuck at maximum RPM for PSDS.

On Saturday, I was in town doing many little things & cruised the lot several times just looking for a sign of it. I even went out of town for dinner & checked at 4:30 pm & again on my way home at 10:45 pm just to know if it came in while I was gone since the dealer told me the truck drivers can make a drop on any day & at any time without them having to sign any paperwork for the delivery of the cars/trucks dropped off.

Since my car was released from the plant to go to striping & released again for shipping, I haven't tried calling Ralph. He's good for info prior to build & during build, but after striping I think he's out of the loop unless it's a MAJOR quality issue that has to be checked on during the build process because they found something they didn't like after it was assembled or before it was released at the gate for " IN- TRANSIT" to the dealer.

Right now I am at the Mercy of the SHELBY GODS as to when it will show up. I am one of a lucky few people who were able to order a Shelby & at MSRP, and for that I am very, very, greatful & will continue to try to live a normal daily life with this Disease they call PSDS. The cure can't soon enough, but I know it will. Just hang in their & work on the garage as to where it will be when it's parked.

HSURB,

The only updates I get now are from CS. I call them everyday Morning, Noon & Evening (almost 8 pm before they close) to see if their has been any new info added into the system. On my scheduled delivery date of Friday 10/27/06, I only called my dealer once & that was at the end of the day. (but I did drive thru his lot at 7:10 am & 6:15 pm & 11 pm just to see if it showed up before or after hours. (I know, I know....How bad Have I got it?) My dealer says they haven't even received my title yet so until that comes in I think I'm stuck at maximum RPM for PSDS.

On Saturday, I was in town doing many little things & cruised the lot several times just looking for a sign of it. I even went out of town for dinner & checked at 4:30 pm & again on my way home at 10:45 pm just to know if it came in while I was gone since the dealer told me the truck drivers can make a drop on any day & at any time without them having to sign any paperwork for the delivery of the cars/trucks dropped off.

Since my car was released from the plant to go to striping & released again for shipping, I haven't tried calling Ralph. He's good for info prior to build & during build, but after striping I think he's out of the loop unless it's a MAJOR quality issue that has to be checked on during the build process because they found something they didn't like after it was assembled or before it was released at the gate for " IN- TRANSIT" to the dealer.

Right now I am at the Mercy of the SHELBY GODS as to when it will show up. I am one of a lucky few people who were able to order a Shelby & at MSRP, and for that I am very, very, greatful & will continue to try to live a normal daily life with this Disease they call PSDS. The cure can't soon enough, but I know it will. Just hang in their & work on the garage as to where it will be when it's parked.

Coldwater:

My status is Released from Plant. What will be my next status code?

Thanks,

hsurb

Archived