TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Post you Super Snake CSM

I got my call today, Red Vert, gotta to figure best way to get it from South Carolina fast. Anyone got suggestions, first quote was $1700 (enclosed) one way.

Steve Crowe

Got my call Friday on my birthday, YA Baby!!!!!!! but missed the call BUMBER !!!! cause i was picking up the keys to my new home YA Again not quit as nice!!

I call this morning Im heading on down to Vegas....

CSM#85 SAI was right on traget on their predicted time frame. So I'd say they are doing quit well. although the wait is enought to drive one crazy.

Thank you Cynthia Robinson for the call you made my day!! :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

Congrates JimC!

On the birthday and the SS :D

Congrates JimC!

On the birthday and the SS :D

Thxs you should be getten a call soon as well.

They told me it could take as long as 5 weeks.

Gonna get up at 4am tomorrow and hit the road to Vegas....getting butterfly's :rockon:

I'll see ya there. I hope to be leaving around 11pm tonight.

My son wants to go for the ride, so we hope to be there around 8am. Drop her off grab a bit to eat at the cafe, go on the tour then head home.

JimC

I went with Specialty Mobile Systems.Fantastic!

Drive it there fly home.

It's 11:59pm Im getting ready to fire her up and head on out.

See ya - Oh road happy days, just one last road trip away from a Super Snake.

Drive it there fly home.

It's 11:59pm Im getting ready to fire her up and head on out.

See ya - Oh road happy days, just one last road trip away from a Super Snake.

I wander how many speeding tickets I could get driving from South Carolina to Vegas? Might be cheaper just to ship it plus I'll keep my license. Thanks

Steve Crowe

If you havent already and would like to please post your CSM number, Color, Coupe or Vert, Horsepower and where your from.

Im keeping a simple spreadsheet to kinda keep up with these cars

This is the info i have so far.

07s 46 Total 36 coupes, 10 Verts

08s 23 Total 21 coupes, 2 Verts

SAI is keeping up with the OFFICAL info, but Im just doing it for fun.

Thanks to everyone that has posted and everyone in the future.

michael morris

My CSM is 07SS218 Red Coupe, 725HP Southern Calif. Deposit made on 8-7-07 & I received the call today to take my car to Vegas. Just remember you are called based on when you made the deposit & not by the CSM number.

Well she there.

After a bad start on Tuesday that got corrected but turned into a non stop hectic hurry up and get-it done marathon with zero sleep. Tuesday night 11:30pm rolled around and I woke up Justin, my 8 year old son. Checked my email for my SAI conformation letter, confirmed it, and warmed her up. After gassing up I bought some Alive for my shoulder pain and we were officially on the road by 1:30pm.

530 mile four gas stops and one 45min power nap later, we were parked in front of the museum at SAI by 9:20 am.

We walked in they called the SS departmant to check in my car, my son was on cloud nine as he walked around checking out all the cars, one of the guys saw him and got him a Borla hat which made his day, now he was in car Heaven and I took pics of him at each car.

Enter Adrienne for a for the tour.

By the way please join me in wishing a belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Adrienne, seems we were born on the same day.

:happy feet: :happy feet: Happy Birthday Adrienne! :happy feet: :happy feet:

Great tour thank you, Justin, and I had a nice time, met some nice people. But wait, its not over yet.

Remember I had a rough and rushed start, and we hadn’t eaten, so it was off to the Shelby Café. No cell phone to call a cab no pay phone either. Saved by the gals at the café, they were GREAT!

They called a cab for us, and got our food, as we took our last bit the cab showed up. But let’s stop a minute freezing time at the cafe.

When at SAI if you do not stop at Café for a bit to eat you are a sorry dog.

The Café is just a café with a Shelby theme but the Ladies are great, they are friendly making the stop enjoyable and the food, well, those of you that have read my post know I cook, Shelby café made the first Burger I have ever eaten that I did not put and condiments on to eat. It was made and served without mayo, mustard, ketchup, relish, salt, pepper etc., which is how I ate it. It was full of flavor and good, well worth it, and I do not pass out food compliments lightly. ><unfreeze time><

My hats off to all SAI personnel, café included, for making the check in process a smooth effortless friendly and a pleasant process.

But wait its still not over.

For those of you who choose to drive down and fly back and or fly down and drive home. Fly Virgin American Airlines. I quit flying awhile back because of the luggage issues, late departs late arrivals, bad service etc. I picked Virgin because they had a departing flight to meet my time schedule, very tight. They were great. It was my son’s first flight, he likes planes and wants to fly an A-10. They gave him a tour of the cockpit and showed him the controls.

The flight boarded on time, left on time and we were standing at the arrival pick up curb waiting for our ride home at the exact time we were scheduled to land.

If you drive in and fly back, here is time frame you can use to schedule your time so you are not standing around waiting.

Plan to arrive at the SAI museum by 9am this gives you time to clean out your car and get it checked in take pictures and check out the gift shop.

The tour starts about 10am, is over at 11:15am.

Then have lunch at the café, call for a cab with a 12:30 pick up, cab ride to the airport arriving there at 1 1:15pm that makes for a departure time between 2 and 3:30pm with enought time to check in, get to the gate area and have a ice cold beer before boarding. Remember Vigin Airlines LEAVES ON TIME, so be at the gate.

Ok now the part a few of you are waiting for.

A read SS coup is waiting for its hood.

A white SS is on the lift getting exhaust.

A black 40th is no the lift.

There is a red, white and black car on the black lifts could not see what was being done to them.

There was a blue 40th that looked completed.

Sorry after being up for two days running, I was tired that’s all I can remember.

Car info. No tickets knock on wood.

Car averaged 19.6 gph at 80mph 19.7gph at 85 mpg up to 20.3 gph at 100mph and those number were consistant for the whole trip, using cruise control.

She drove good handled well and had no problems just like old times put on some good tunes and we were off and running.

Now the big question is. Can SAI match the Drop off experience :happy feet: with an equally enjoyable pick up?

I already miss my car, can't wait to pick here up and drive her home. :happy feet:

JimC

Edited by JimC

Well she there.

After a bad start on Tuesday that got corrected but turned into a non stop hectic hurry up and get-it done marathon with zero sleep. Tuesday night 11:30pm rolled around and I woke up Justin, my 8 year old son. Checked my email for my SAI conformation letter, confirmed it, and warmed her up. After gassing up I bought some Alive for my shoulder pain and we were officially on the road by 1:30pm.

530 mile four gas stops and one 45min power nap later, we were parked in front of the museum at SAI by 9:20 am.

We walked in they called the SS departmant to check in my car, my son was on cloud nine as he walked around checking out all the cars, one of the guys saw him and got him a Borla hat which made his day, now he was in car Heaven and I took pics of him at each car.

By the way please join me in wishing a belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Adrienne, seems we were born on the same day.

Great tour thank you, Justin, and I had a nice time, met some nice people. But wait, its not over yet.

Remember I had a rough and rushed start, and we hadn’t eaten, so it was off to the Shelby Café. No cell phone to call a cab no pay phone either. Saved by the gals at the café, they were GREAT!

They called a cab for us, and got our food, as we took our last bit the cab showed up. But let’s stop a minute freezing time at the cafe.

When at SAI if you do not stop at Café for a bit to eat you are a sorry dog.

The Café is just a café with a Shelby theme but the Ladies are great, they are friendly making the stop enjoyable and the food, well, those of you that have read my post know I cook, Shelby café made the first Burger I have ever eaten that I did not put and condiments on to eat. It was made and served without mayo, mustard, ketchup, relish, salt, pepper etc., which is how I ate it. It was full of flavor and good, well worth it, and I do not pass out food compliments lightly. ><unfreeze time><

My hats off to all SAI personnel, café included, for making the check in process a smooth effortless friendly and a pleasant process.

But wait its still not over.

For those of you who choose to drive down and fly back and or fly down and drive home. Fly Virgin American Airlines. I quit flying awhile back because of the luggage issues, late departs late arrivals, bad service etc. I picked Virgin because they had a departing flight to meet my time schedule, very tight. They were great. It was my son’s first flight, he likes planes and wants to fly an A-10. They gave him a tour of the cockpit and showed him the controls.

The flight boarded on time, left on time and we were standing at the arrival pick up curb waiting for our ride home at the exact time we were scheduled to land.

If you drive in and fly back, here is time frame you can use to schedule your time so you are not standing around waiting.

Plan to arrive at the SAI museum by 9am this gives you time to clean out your car and get it checked in take pictures and check out the gift shop.

The tour starts about 10am, is over at 11:15am.

Then have lunch at the café, call for a cab with a 12:30 pick up, cab ride to the airport arriving there at 1 1:15pm that makes for a departure time between 2 and 3:30pm with enought time to check in, get to the gate area and have a ice cold beer before boarding. Remember Vigin Airlines LEAVES ON TIME, so be at the gate.

Ok now the part a few of you are waiting for.

A read SS coup is waiting for its hood.

A white SS is on the lift getting exhaust.

A black 40th is no the lift.

There is a red, white and black car on the black lifts could not see what was being done to them.

There was a blue 40th that looked completed.

Sorry after being up for two days running, I was tired that’s all I can remember.

Car info. No tickets knock on wood.

Car averaged 19.6 gph at 80mph 19.7gph at 85 mpg up to 20.3 gph at 100mph and those number were consistant for the whole trip, using cruise control.

She drove good handled well and had no problems just like old times put on some good tunes and we were off and running.

Now the big question is. Can SAI match the Drop off experience :happy feet: with an equally enjoyable pick up?

I already miss my car, can't wait to pick here up and drive her home. :happy feet:

JimC

Sounds like yall had a great time.

Thanks for sharing

michael morris

PSHHHHHH!!!! I can't believe you just said that! :redcard: I DELIVER THE CARS!!! :)

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed yourself! Your son was a HOOT (those DARN wheeled shoes!)!

That was the first time in awhile I have actually given the tour so I was excited to get back into my old shoes and be able to give it! :)

Glad you enjoyed the Cafe-I eat lunch there almost everyday (A plug for the BLT!)

I know you can't wait to get the car back and rest assured as soon as it comes out the shop I will be calling you and letting you know to come on back down and get her! Just remember, make all checks payable to Adrienne.. Let me spell it for you .. A-D-R.... :hysterical:

Thanks for the kudos and the birthday wishes--HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU TOO!!!! :happy feet:

Great post Jim. Sounds like you and your son had a fun time. The cool thing is that's an experience you two will share forever.

I can't agree more about the team at SAI, wonderful people. They handled my SS check in like I was a VIP.

Now the wait.

HAPPY belated BIRTHDAY to Jim and Adrienne. :happy feet: :happy feet:

Edited by MY500SS

Great post Jim. Sounds like you and your son had a fun time. The cool thing is that's an experience you two will share forever.

I can't agree more about the team at SAI, wonderful people. They handled my SS check in like I was a VIP.

Now the wait.

HAPPY belated BIRTHDAY to Jim and Adrienne. :happy feet: :happy feet:

Thank you! :)

I just got back from Vegas. On Wednesday, I got up at 4AM and hit the road by 4:45. Drove from my house to Reno (1 hour 30min) and then on to Vegas. Drove straight through for a total of 540 miles stopping only twice for gas. Was actually a nice drive. Put the cruise control at 80 and never looked back.

Arrived at the Shelby plant and it seemed Bud was at lunch and I guess others were busy. A real nice guy named Dave finally came out and showed me around. Was a real treat to see all the cars in different modes being converted to SS's. Dave was a real great guy and a true ambassador for the company. Didn't seem to mind all my questions at all and spent as much time with me as needed.

Then, as I was going to leave, they pulled out three cars and a film crew set up. Maybe a commercial but I really don't know. Anyway, take a look at the pics.

Was told now is a good time to get your car in as the production for KR's has been put off for a short time. SS and 40th conversions are full steam ahead!

steve

shelby1.JPG

shelby2.JPG

shelby3.JPG

Edited by switz

I had the same type of experience. And I also received a personal tour, or two. The third was a group tour, and still great!

Happy birthday, Bubbles! Can't wait for you to call! :beerchug: :party2:

PSHHHHHH!!!! I can't believe you just said that! :redcard: I DELIVER THE CARS!!! :)

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed yourself! Your son was a HOOT (those DARN wheeled shoes!)!

That was the first time in awhile I have actually given the tour so I was excited to get back into my old shoes and be able to give it! :)

Glad you enjoyed the Cafe-I eat lunch there almost everyday (A plug for the BLT!)

I know you can't wait to get the car back and rest assured as soon as it comes out the shop I will be calling you and letting you know to come on back down and get her! Just remember, make all checks payable to Adrienne.. Let me spell it for you .. A-D-R.... :hysterical:

Thanks for the kudos and the birthday wishes--HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU TOO!!!! :happy feet:

PSHHHHHH!!!! I can't believe you just said that! I DELIVER THE CARS!!!

Well I know for sure you have the check in down pat, Don’t know who’s luckier you for getting to work at SAI, or SAI for getting you to work for them. HUM ----.

Your gon’na be hard pressed to beat the check in, but I have a feeling You and SAI have the check out down as well.

So I make the check out to *~Adrienne~* I hope Mr. Shelby doesn’t mind, BTW I use the Bank of Good Year is that ok? :hysterical:

So often we forget all the folks behind the scenes, that I/ we talk to but do not see while at SAI,

I could list them all as if I was on stage receiving a Tony award but, we all know who they are.

So, thank you, one & all. :superhero:

JimC

Edited by JimC

• 2 weeks later...

To all you readers out there. I read this on AOL today. The topic was FAST CARS: THE 600 HP CLUB. The Super Snake is obviously what AOL was referring to............

I found it interesting that the Shelby GT 500's SS Program, although not worded as such, is in the same category as some of the most expensive EXOTICS, such as the Mercedes Mclaren, Bugatti Veryon, (1.5 Million), Corvette ZR1, Maybach 62, ($400K+), Ferrari 599, Lambo Murcielago

Fast Cars: The 600 Horsepower Club

Not quite production, but over 600 HP

Most every American enthusiast knows about the $42,000 Mustang Shelby GT500. Its supercharged V-8 thumps out 500 horsepower. However, today there are dozens of equally powerful cars, so 500 ponies isn't much to brag about. A trip to Carroll Shelby's Las Vegas workshop with your GT500 and $28,000 gets you a 100 horsepower boost. Congratulations, for $70,000, you've discovered the cheapest way into the 600 Horsepower Club.

Pretty encouraging!!

Here's a new one for you.

08SS0611

Vista Blue Coupe

600HP

Shelby Eibach Suspension

Quarter Window Scoops

Blue Brake Calipers

From Calgary, AB

Cheers Brett

Member 1205

Welcome to the forum. Alberta is going to have a few pretty hot cars!! I'm betting my Vista Blue 40th coupe is ready next week, as it was moved into the mod shop during the week of May 26th...

To all you readers out there. I read this on AOL today. The topic was FAST CARS: THE 600 HP CLUB. The Super Snake is obviously what AOL was referring to............

I found it interesting that the Shelby GT 500's SS Program, although not worded as such, is in the same category as some of the most expensive EXOTICS, such as the Mercedes Mclaren, Bugatti Veryon, (1.5 Million), Corvette ZR1, Maybach 62, ($400K+), Ferrari 599, Lambo Murcielago

Fast Cars: The 600 Horsepower Club

Not quite production, but over 600 HP

Most every American enthusiast knows about the $42,000 Mustang Shelby GT500. Its supercharged V-8 thumps out 500 horsepower. However, today there are dozens of equally powerful cars, so 500 ponies isn't much to brag about. A trip to Carroll Shelby's Las Vegas workshop with your GT500 and $28,000 gets you a 100 horsepower boost. Congratulations, for $70,000, you've discovered the cheapest way into the 600 Horsepower Club.

Pretty encouraging!!

Link,please...thanks

Welcome to the board and thanks for the info.

michael morris

Thanks Michael. It took me a while to take the plunge and get on the waiting list. I got my GT500 on Nov 30 and promtly parked it into the garage to await the end of winter. Needless to say I am glad summer is here so I can finally drive it. I am hoping I get called for my convesion during the winter when I can't drive it anyway. I would be interested to see your spread sheet some time to see where all of these Super Snakes are going to be lurking! It looks like there will be a few up here in Calgary.

Brett

Welcome to the forum. Alberta is going to have a few pretty hot cars!! I'm betting my Vista Blue 40th coupe is ready next week, as it was moved into the mod shop during the week of May 26th...

Thanks. Yes, I have seen quite a few other GT500s around Calgary on nice days. Post some pics of your 40th Anniversary Coupe when it is done.

How are you getting your cars down and back from Calgary?

Cheers Brett