TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Joker's Car's in!!

Joker45

Brother, great car! These are the best pics I have seen of this color combination. I was torn between Ebony and Performance White stripes, but went with Ebony on a "roll of the dice". After seeing your pics, I'm glad I did. Oddly enough, we'll have the same color combination purchased from the same dealer (thanks for the tip)--good thing I live in AZ so we won't be pulling up next to each other at a traffic light.

I am now waiting to hear from Stan at Lithia with my VIN so I can start to track it through SVT (great information on the forums here from some pretty knowledgeable folks). They ordered it for me on 2/5/08, and I am hoping it will be available for pickup in the first week of April which is when I get back from my 12 month vacation at government expense in lovely Afghanistan. This is one more thing I'm looking forward to: #1 (tie) Wife (she'll like that) and almost two-year old son; #2 (tie) Riding my H-D and driving my GT500; #3 Who cares, the first two are plenty!

Thanks again for the tip on Lithia Ford; they got me an MSRP deal too, and I had been looking without success prior to your post about it. They actually changed their policy after I contacted them about the car and would not order it without all (including navigation which I did not want) options because someone backed out after ordering it differently than they would. I shared some thoughts with them, and they made an exception for me because we had already been talking, and I think the "I'm deployed to Afghanistan" thing helped too.

Did you consider having the car delivered anywhere else, or is Lithia close to you? I ask because it is not close to AZ and had seen some thread comments about getting a dealership close to where you live coordinate to deliver it there.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brother, great car! These are the best pics I have seen of this color combination. I was torn between Ebony and Performance White stripes, but went with Ebony on a "roll of the dice". After seeing your pics, I'm glad I did. Oddly enough, we'll have the same color combination purchased from the same dealer (thanks for the tip)--good thing I live in AZ so we won't be pulling up next to each other at a traffic light.

I am now waiting to hear from Stan at Lithia with my VIN so I can start to track it through SVT (great information on the forums here from some pretty knowledgeable folks). They ordered it for me on 2/5/08, and I am hoping it will be available for pickup in the first week of April which is when I get back from my 12 month vacation at government expense in lovely Afghanistan. This is one more thing I'm looking forward to: #1 (tie) Wife (she'll like that) and almost two-year old son; #2 (tie) Riding my H-D and driving my GT500; #3 Who cares, the first two are plenty!

Thanks again for the tip on Lithia Ford; they got me an MSRP deal too, and I had been looking without success prior to your post about it. They actually changed their policy after I contacted them about the car and would not order it without all (including navigation which I did not want) options because someone backed out after ordering it differently than they would. I shared some thoughts with them, and they made an exception for me because we had already been talking, and I think the "I'm deployed to Afghanistan" thing helped too.

Did you consider having the car delivered anywhere else, or is Lithia close to you? I ask because it is not close to AZ and had seen some thread comments about getting a dealership close to where you live coordinate to deliver it there.

Glad I could help you get your car. I live about half an hour away from them so it worked out great for me. Good people and really easy to work with.

Once you start tracking it you'll have alot more fun and frustration. It's all good though as you'll love it.

Hope the next couple of months go fast for you so you can get back over here and enjoy life again!

If you pick it up in Fresno maybe we can meet up. Let me know.

Congrast JOKER.... It sure has been ALONG time in the making. BUT NOW the waiting is over and its PARTY TIME.

You certainly lived vicariously through many of us during the entire process... And its great to see her in your garage finally.

AND MAN THAT COLOR LOOKS good. I have only see the REVERSE of your color combination and I definatly Like yours

over the reverse !! ITS HOT !!!

BTW Love the BIG NUTS Warning.. I need to get one of those :hysterical2::hysterical2:

Bob, Great looking car. I love the combo. If you remember, we met at SAI in August during the tour.

Roger

Hey Roger,

Of course I remember you!

Had a great time talking to you that day and wondering what you were doing to your car!

Your car looks great in your sig. Guess I need to go into the SGT section more often so I can find out what you did to yours :D

Congrast JOKER.... It sure has been ALONG time in the making. BUT NOW the waiting is over and its PARTY TIME.

You certainly lived vicariously through many of us during the entire process... And its great to see her in your garage finally.

AND MAN THAT COLOR LOOKS good. I have only see the REVERSE of your color combination and I definatly Like yours

over the reverse !! ITS HOT !!!

BTW Love the BIG NUTS Warning.. I need to get one of those :hysterical2::hysterical2:

Thanks Big_Slick, I lived through you guys and your stories for a long time!

You all kept me going and kept me out of the mental hospital :hysterical2:

Isn't that the famous last words of a Redneck ?

Hey watch this :censored: !! :hysterical::hysterical:

Pretty much! I got a real kick out of that sticker and had to get one.

My sincere congratulations go out to you Rob. I truly respect the patience you showed while it made its way across the country. I don't think I would have been so calm watching it sit for so long after it went out the back door of the plant. Anyway, glad it finally arrived. BTW - Awesome color combination! I really like the seat inserts too.

My sincere congratulations go out to you Rob. I truly respect the patience you showed while it made its way across the country. I don't think I would have been so calm watching it sit for so long after it went out the back door of the plant. Anyway, glad it finally arrived. BTW - Awesome color combination! I really like the seat inserts too.

Thank you! It was quite the adventure and I'm glad that part of it is over!

• 2 years later...

Well, First of all and please bear with me, there are several people that I have to thank for all of their help in the last year or so. I would name everyone individually but that would take up the entire post :D Just please know that everyone was a great help in information and getting me through the waiting process. Giving me a good ribbing to tide me over. Thank you all very much! I gave one back this morning after I got a call from Gary at Lithia For of Fresno saying that it was ready to go. happy_boobs.gif

Most of you know that I have been trying to get a GT 500 since I learned of them through this site back in the day of August 2005.

Now on to the good stuff!

My car came in last night and I couldn't pick it up till today because of work. I drive down there with my Fiancé and Mom in tow. My mom's a car nut too! Well I drive up and I see my Salesman standing out side waiting for me and my car in a coned off area with a sold sign on it!!!

NewYears003.jpg

It was the first time that I had seen the color and stripe combo in person! Man was I happy.

292.gif

Gary tells me that there was some problems with my car. The passenger side headlight had condensation in it and they already ordered my a new light. The right front passenger side tire also had some damage to the sidewall. A new tire is on order to replace the damaged one. Besides that it looks flawless! The paint looks very good and I could not find any problems. It was clean but I will check again this weekend when I wash and wax it.

Got the paperwork done and about an hour later drove off after pre fight briefing. What a great dealership! They intorduced me to everyone and Gary went out of his way to keep me informed.

So here are some more pics of my car. What a blast to drive. It doesn't want to go slow and is just fun to cruise in. Get's some looks too! Had 11 miles on it when I got it. happy feet.gif

NewYears004.jpg

NewYears005.jpg

NewYears006.jpg

Congrats Joker!

Are you thinking of keeping it stock or will you lightly mod it? :lurk:

:hysterical:

Archived