TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Mileage Check

mffarrell

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think I have the "short term" record - Purchased 12/1/07 with 37 miles, 15 of which I put on during my unsupervised test drive. Has 5908 miles thanks to 2 CO-AZ road trips and a couple of business trips my company is paying milage for. If fanct I'm in the middle of one then right now. To highjack this thread a bit - what kind of highway mileage does everyone get? I got a totally mindblowing 30.7 mph between Alamosa, CO and Soccoro, NM....

Who else has had the lovely experience of driving thier Shelby in a snowpacked whiteout blizzard?

100_3420-1.jpg

I think I have the "short term" record - Purchased 12/1/07 with 37 miles, 15 of which I put on during my unsupervised test drive. Has 5908 miles thanks to 2 CO-AZ road trips and a couple of business trips my company is paying milage for. If fanct I'm in the middle of one then right now. To highjack this thread a bit - what kind of highway mileage does everyone get? I got a totally mindblowing 30.7 mph between Alamosa, CO and Soccoro, NM....

Who else has had the lovely experience of driving thier Shelby in a snowpacked whiteout blizzard?

100_3420-1.jpg

That's amazing Earlk. I generally get aorund 20 MPG around town and have gotten slightly over 25 on the hwy. I thought that was great, but 30+ :happy feet: The most amazing thing is...we paid a gas guzzler tax :banghead:

Jim

100_3420-1.jpg

I've got 2,238 miles on it. The first chunk got put on driving from LV back to Colorado in October. I got great gas mileage as well. Well into the 20's, and still averaging slightly over 20 mpg over the 2,238 miles (which has pretty much been in town driving since I got back from LV). Earlk, good thing you didn't get the SC. You can't start the SC cars when the temp drops below 25, which would be most of the mornings in Colorado over the last couple of months! Sounds like you are having a blast with your car! Have you run into any other SGT's in Colorado?

100_3420-1.jpg

WOW 30 MPG! :happy feet: I don't have the IUP, but with driving 80% city and 20% highway I'm averaging about 250 miles on a tank. How's that comparing with everyone else?

Purchased 6/19/07 1650 miles. I average 13.7 mpg cars with HP don't get good mileage.

Either you got a bigger lead foot than I do or there is something mechanically wrong with your car. I drive mine daily in the city and the worst I have gotten is 16. Usually around 17 - 18 mpg - 8,000 miles

I dont have anything scientific to back this up, and this has been brought up before, but it seems that the cars that went on long trips immediately, like on the way home from LV or being purchased out of state, are getting better gas mileage.

And the cars that barely get driven or were purchased close to home and spared the long drive so close to purchase arent doing as well.

Look at the data and stories of peoples experiences, what do you think?

• 2 weeks later...

SAI brought White Lightnin back 02/26/08 about 8 P.M. snowing like mad. I plowed the driveway three times while he was being unloaded & after about 12 tries up my steep driveway I got him in the garage (traction control was useless) :banghead: After a nice little spring thaw yesterday & today I couldn't wait any longer, Took him out for about a 25 mile ride today after the roads dried off and it is one of the most awesome cars i've ever driven :yahoo: The whine of the Paxton & the FRPP mufflers are better than the Shaker 500 by far :happy feet: I hope to meet up with all of you in the area this spring (maybe we'll have our own Spring Fling at my place) :beerchug:

Archived