TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Occupations

RUFDRAFT

B17 - I have a bud who drives an Airbus for JetBlue - and he claims his plane can land itself. Do any Boeing's have that capability?

Yes, the Boeings have autoland.

Here is a picture of the Autopilot.

OttoPilotInflatable.jpg

OttoPilotInflatable.jpg

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply
U.S. Air Force for 22 years, still serving.

Initially grounded from flight training for medical issue, 3 years as an Intelligence officer, then back to flight school.

Command Pilot with over 3,500 hours in Special Ops and Rescue C-130s. Have been a flight instructor and evaluator, as well as Squadron Commander and Deputy Group Commander. Flown in all the hot spots from DESERT STORM through present... Been assigned to bases in Colorado, Texas, Florida (3 times), United Kingdom (twice), New Mexico, Kansas, and Arizona.

Promoted to Colonel on 1 May and now off to an assignment in Korea for next two years... Car goes to storage next week :cry:

Keith

Hi Keith - your background sounds like a Tom Clancy novel! Thanks for what you've done and what you're doing for us, you hear? I do some freelance writing. If you can get me a "ride along," I'd be much obliged.

SVT - behave yourself! :hysterical2:

Started as an Army welder/mechanic to pay for college. Physical Anthropolgist - couldn't make enough $$$ to put gas in my 6 cyl Mustang. Dental school followed by specialty residency to become an Endodontist.

Dan,

After High school I got into Carpentry building houses. I then joined the union and served a apprenticeship. After the training, I became a journeyman. It is a 4 year program. All my work after joining the Union has been commercial. For the last 19 years I have been working for a very large Genral Contractor on commercial construction projects. I am a Project Superintendent. It has been a very rewarding career, and the Carpenters Union has been very good to me and my family. I am looking forward to a Union retirement in under 8 years.

Very cool, Rob!!! ...sounds like it's been a great ride!

I didn't realize I reawakened a sleeping beast here... this thread has grown 3 pages this afternoon!!

Initially grounded from flight training for medical issue, 3 years as an Intelligence officer, then back to flight school.

Command Pilot with over 3,500 hours in Special Ops and Rescue C-130s. Have been a flight instructor and evaluator, as well as Squadron Commander and Deputy Group Commander. Flown in all the hot spots from DESERT STORM through present... Been assigned to bases in Colorado, Texas, Florida (3 times), United Kingdom (twice), New Mexico, Kansas, and Arizona.

Promoted to Colonel on 1 May and now off to an assignment in Korea for next two years... Car goes to storage next week :cry:

Keith

Keith... thanks for all you do!!! ...and be safe in Korea!

Dan

I'm a pre-sales systems consultant for a computer company. I've been selling to civilian government agencies for the past 8 years. Before that (when I did real work), I was a mainframe systems programmer. I ran large banking systems - and even nuclear power plants. This all has paid the bills well, but I can't wait to get out and start flipping properties. Maybe buy a place or two per year, fix them up myself and then unload. I'd rather be pounding nails then flapping my gums on technology. I get more satisfaction out of that feeling of accomplishment.

Keith

Hey Keith - I fly Cherokees!!! wahoo!!! same thing, right? :hysterical2:

I R A pilot too...

Flew Lears for 16 years, been in Falcons the past 8, been flying 30 years total. I also have a small web and graphic design company...for you pilots out there...it keeps me out of trouble when I'm on the road, if you know what I mean. :hysterical2:

And for fun, I play blues harp in a little blues duo....The One Night Stand Blues Band

Wow, this is an old thread... How did I miss it. :D

I am in flight standards and training for Continental Airlines. Rated on the B737, B767, B757, DC9, and B17.

B-17s are cool

I have a good friend who flew B-17 in the late 50s early 60s hauling uhhhh let say fully automatic fresh water fish to South America...

Hi Keith - your background sounds like a Tom Clancy novel! Thanks for what you've done and what you're doing for us, you hear? I do some freelance writing. If you can get me a "ride along," I'd be much obliged.

RUF - have flown over and even "camped out" with my airplane and crew in few interesting places... nothing worthy of a Clancy type novel but sure has been fun! Here's a pic of an MH-47 receiving fuel from my bird... low-level, blacked-out, on NVGs in bad-guy airspace. Almost as much fun as driving a GT500!!!!

If you're serious about a ride along, your best bet is through the Air Force Public Affairs folks. Make a request with them... (http://www.af.mil/mediacenter) There's a phone # to get you started.

Thanks for the reply and good wishes! I'll be living vicariously through You all on the Forum for the next two years!

Keith

MH47_NVG_HAR_from_9th_SOS_MC130P.jpg

MH47_NVG_HAR_from_9th_SOS_MC130P.jpg

Excellent! We have a small dog running amuck around here. Can you take a look at him? :hysterical2:

Hi Keith - that pic is the real deal! Oh, daddy! I'll bet you've got some stories.

My chances of getting a ride are slim and none. I asked a Harrier pilot I met last year at Cherry Point about one. He said it almost takes an act of Congress. Oh, well.

Thanks for the link.

Archived